• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date

Israeli troops throwing people/bodies from a building by Jenin.

Really makes you question the professionalism of the troops as they wouldn’t be doing such actions if they didn’t feel they would be getting away with it.
I think a year of close quarter fighting after a horrific massacre of civilians and the constant barrage of rockets has hardened them and their GAF is -7

I think a year of close quarter fighting after a horrific massacre of civilians and the constant barrage of rockets has hardened them and their GAF is -7
That may be true but it still doesn’t give them (or anyone) a pass on the Geneva Conventions, or Law of Armed Conflict.

That may be true but it still doesn’t give them (or anyone) a pass on the Geneva Conventions, or Law of Armed Conflict.
Yup. Just to be clear, the laws of war around treating the remains of the death with some semblance of dignity aren’t some wishy-washy neo-wokeism. They’re codified in the 1949 Fourth Geneva Convention, to which Israel became a state party in 1951. Israel’s own military regulations obligate the dead to be protected from abuse. That’s Israel’s own rules.

As I said, this is a failure at the unit level to uphold discipline and professionalism, and it makes them look terrible. That’s according to Israel’s own military rules, and a treaty it voluntarily signed.

-7 or not there is a way to conduct yourself. Israels biggest international defence is that they try to be a professional army which has a accountable justice system. Both those things are being eroded.

The moment they let that go they will (and are as witnessed by the loss of support in Europe and the West) lose the means and capabilities which allow them to exist. They are walking a fine line and the farther they deviate from it them more likely they will lose everything.

Israel would not survive a blockade and sanctions such as what South Africa received under apartheid. If they keep going the way they are going it will become more and more likely.

Israel would not survive a blockade and sanctions such as what South Africa received under apartheid. If they keep going the way they are going it will become more and more likely.

Israel would need a major reversal in its relations with the U.S. for that to happen, but even at that it would survive. It would simply get really isolated and more ugly stuff would ensue.

Canadians gained a rep for not taking prisoners both in WWI and II. It certainly took a lot less for us to get to that point. While the politicians and General Staff in Israel wish to stay within the bounds. At some point the rigged game is going to cause the average solider and civilian to stop caring.

Back