• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

• Thread starter Thread starter fusilier
  • Start date Start date
"RTaylor if you don't know anything don't post."

This IS what happened when 2 of my friends transferred from the reserves to the reg forces while I was still in. This was in 2001 when it occured, and they were told that their new unit would supply them with their kit. My cousin transferred about 5 years ago from reserves as infantry to the reg force artillery (as an officer) and they made him to the exact same thing. From boots to rucks to Gerber, they had to return it all.

The unit is the same one in all cases. Maybe it's a policy that just they had because they were cheap, but it did occur and maybe it still is. This is where I got my understanding of returning kit and being reissued new kit.

You may be in the forces and have been so for some time, and I will be the first in line to admit that you know your stuff, but this doesn't make you the seer who knows all and sees all of what has and will ever happen. This is what I've seen and that is why I posted it. Some of the information I give may be outdates or from my experiences which are localized, but I don't just jump around in posts spouting senseless garbage. I have absolutely no reason to do that and it benefits no one.

RTaylor

Once again I will state:  The CFRC will let you know........Not what happened to a friend of a friend two to ten years ago.
George Wallace said:
As for all of your Kit, ask the CFRC.  You may keep it all and you may turn it all in, and be reissued again in St Jean.  That is a decision that is made by them. 

Dvr Qualifications have no bearing on BMQ or SQ.  The CFRC will tell you what qualifications you have.  You will have everything listed on your Message.  Everything will be on that message; your rank, your qualifications, your pay level, everything.

Thanks GW for the quick reply.

All I know is that I won't be giving up my non standard boots, the MO told me so!  ;)

Cheers

Remember that you will have to complete an Outclearance of your Reserve Unit.  That will involve turning in whatever kit you may have drawn from them that is Unit Issued, payment of any Mess dues you are owing, an interview with your OR, making sure that your OR has all of your Pers File up to date, to include your High School Transcripts.  You can join the Reserves while still in HS, but you absolutely require your HS Transcripts to join the Reg Force.  If your Pers File is missing those Transcripts, your Transfer to the Regs will not go smoothly.

CT to the Regs also has some serious Pay issues, so ensure that you get a good briefing on that when you have your interview from your OR Staff on your Outclearance.  You may find that you will not get paid properly on joining the Regs, so you will have to know why and how to go about getting paid.

Again, the CFRC will have all the most up to date info.

George Wallace said:
Remember that you will have to complete an Outclearance of your Reserve Unit.  That will involve turning in whatever kit you may have drawn from them that is Unit Issued, payment of any Mess dues you are owing, an interview with your OR, making sure that your OR has all of your Pers File up to date, to include your High School Transcripts.  You can join the Reserves while still in HS, but you absolutely require your HS Transcripts to join the Reg Force.  If your Pers File is missing those Transcripts, your Transfer to the Regs will not go smoothly.

CT to the Regs also has some serious Pay issues, so ensure that you get a good briefing on that when you have your interview from your OR Staff on your Outclearance.  You may find that you will not get paid properly on joining the Regs, so you will have to know why and how to go about getting paid.

Again, the CFRC will have all the most up to date info.

Does this have to be done before stand-down? My unit is not very efficient at anything that requires paperwork and signatures...  :-\

I guess I will bring it up next parade, but they have had a ways in the past of delaying a persons transfer until they give up and stay in the unit...

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on pay, I check my statement every time and will make sure it gets sorted out. I guess another call to the CFRC is in order.

Ewwwww!  Not good points there.

Do you have a 'good' supervisor who can guide you through the process?  Have you talked to your RSS Staff?  You may have to learn how to write a Memo and read up on the Redress of Grievance process.

This is a process that you will have to keep on top of.  Don't be afraid to ask for updates on how your process is going at the CFRC and at your Unit.

George Wallace said:
Bout 2 months before I got paid after my transfer.

And for general information, I only returned kit issued to me by my Res unit. As I kept the same scale of issue, I kept everything. From boots, to gerber, to FPV.

As far as outclearance, can be done before or after unit stand-down, though it's easier to do before. Signature boxes have to be filled. Go to whomever handles outclearances for your unit, and get the forms. They'll have a list of who you have to see, and what you have to do.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on pay, I check my statement every time and will make sure it gets sorted out. I guess another call to the CFRC is in order.

Not something the CFRC does. Your Res Pay account has to be closed out before your Reg F pay account can be activated. Generally your gaining unit's OR that deals with this.

"If your going from Res to Regs Im pretty sure that you hand in your gear back to the unit. I dont think this is whats done in the regs when you go from unit to unit." -RTaylor

"Remember that you will have to complete an Outclearance of your Reserve Unit.  That will involve turning in whatever kit you may have drawn from them that is Unit Issued..."  -George Wallace

"RTaylor if you don't know anything don't post."  -George Wallace

Not as many fancy words but it sure looks pretty much the same to me.    ;D

Do what GW says though, his advice is not to be ignored. To parrot what he's said make positive that all your files are there, all the information is up to date and nothing is missing. That's part of the reason my re-enlistment has been taken so long :(

In LFCA, and probably all other Areas, although a Unit "Stands Down" for the Summer, they should still have "Key" positions manned.  The Comd LFCA has said that they should have a 'minimal manning' in the OR, OPs and Training.  

George Wallace said:
In LFCA, and probably all other Areas, although a Unit "Stands Down" for the Summer, they should still have "Key" positions manned.  The Comd LFCA has said that they should have a 'minimal manning' in the OR, OPs and Training.  

Well that being said George, I know for a fact this summer my unit will have no SQMS hrs as both the Quarter Master and 2 I/C are both tasked out.

As TAC VESTS are now part of the Initial Issue, and probably doesn't have any Wpn EIS, Compass, CNRB Kit, Laptops, etc signed out; one would have to deal with the important people........the Clerks.  ;D

Beadwindow 7 said:
Not something the CFRC does. Your Res Pay account has to be closed out before your Reg F pay account can be activated. Generally your gaining unit's OR that deals with this.

Oddly enough, your RPSR pay account is not actually "deleted", rather it is tombstoned but remains in the system.  I found this out when some screw up started showing my RPSR account in arrears after I had CTd, been posted and several months had passed.   ::)

For those of you having trouble with your unit getting things done in a timely manner, my advice is to make sure the CFRC is aware of this.  They can/will do things in the background to 'encourage' your unit to be as timely as possible.  Make sure you don't
burn your bridges with your old PRes unit though.  Keep it professional at the unit and CFRC and many many more people will be willing to help you out than the whiny, cursing POd types that wonder why doors get shut in their face.  Vent at home to your 9Rd on the patio...the weather is nice enough now to BBQ!  ;D

Beadwindow 7 said:
Bout 2 months before I got paid after my transfer.

By being paid you mean through the direct deposit system? I know moving from Cl B to Cl C (essentially res to reg for the pay system) it took them a month to sort out what money goes where, and I had to go to the cashier to get my monies.

PuckChaser said:
By being paid you mean through the direct deposit system? I know moving from Cl B to Cl C (essentially res to reg for the pay system) it took them a month to sort out what money goes where, and I had to go to the cashier to get my monies.

I had the same when going class B to Class C when I was overseas.

But as far as Res to Reg, it was about two months before my RPSR account allowed the clerks to access the Reg F pay system. So I just got a large backpay.

Beadwindow 7 said:
I had the same when going class B to Class C when I was overseas.

But as far as Res to Reg, it was about two months before my RPSR account allowed the clerks to access the Reg F pay system. So I just got a large backpay.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded parts BW 7.  The clerks at your new unit had access to both your RPSR and CCPS pay accounts??  When I CTd, my Class B pay had to be paid out complete before I could clear my unit?

Eye In The Sky said:
Not sure what you mean by the bolded parts BW 7.  The clerks at your new unit had access to both your RPSR and CCPS pay accounts??  When I CTd, my Class B pay had to be paid out complete before I could clear my unit?

That's what I thought too EITS.

Eye In The Sky said:

When my offer came through, I was in conversion back to class B from Class C. CCPS from that had just been closed out, and while I had received my last class B pay, through the process of it being closed out up through Comm Gp, my new Reg CCPS account wasn't activated until about 2 months after I cleared into my Reg F unit.

hi. i'm transferring from reserve army to reg force air force. I checked the board but didn't find what i was looking for. my unit or recently emailed me the link for the new online application they're using for CT but i think it's an intranet link cuz it won't open on my computer. does anyone have an external link to the form? I checked the links that were posted earlier in this thread but there weren't any for the actual application form. Also I've heard that it normally only takes about a month and a half or so for the process to be completed now that it's done online. Is there anyone that can confirm this? Thanks!

Back