• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Camelbak Hydration Systems

• Thread starter Thread starter Bringer
  • Start date Start date
I got the camelbak 3L Thermobak in OD
http://www.camelbak.com/mil/cb_prod.cfm?Product_ID=81&CATID=6

This is exactly what I have too!

The tip can be removed and a variety of others can be attached such as for the gas mask, etc.

This pack tucks right into the accessory pouch on the back of the South African designed M83 AUSCAM LBV/webbing I use, and when not using the LBV, the pack can just be worn by itself.

This kit is ‘milspec‘ and if you want to buy the CHEAPER kit, thats up to you, but remember, you get what you pay for.

I have had this for a couple of yrs now, and when I bought it, our Aussie dollar was only 51c US, so hence I paid $A140 for it (ouch).

The system is great, and I can drink on demand, and therefore, I believe that troops who use the camelbak systems, are hydrating themslves at a faster rate than with those who are still using the old water bottles.

I rate it a 9.5/10 for ‘good kit‘

Cheers,

Wes

My caution with the gas mask attachement is that it was tested on CS and OC agents only. Do not rely on the Camel Back to C4 Gas Mask attachement for other NBC environments.

On another note... are we ever going to get issued these things, on a wide scale of issue? Seems to be a logical choice, especially when operating in hot environments. Mine saved me when I was in Texas in the summer on course.

MC

Mine is definitely a lifesaver.

This weekend, doing range clean up, wearing webbing was impractical, but it was handy having water right there while I was running around to and fro picking up litter and salvage.

The night before on the march back to the shacks, again, getting a canteen out is too clumsy and inconvenient on the march, the hydration system saves the day.

Even on the bus rides, I hang it on the seat in front of me and water is always handy.. no messing around for the canteen.

The only drag is it‘s difficult to wear with the ruck, although I‘ve seen people on this forum suggest putting it inside the radio pouch inside the main pouch. I‘ll try it one of these days, but I haven‘t needed the ruck in a while.

Hoping to go on a small unit exchange this summer, and I know it will come in handy ... we are supposed to go to Louisiana, and it‘s gonna be flippin hot down there!

Hydration systems are supposed to be issued sometime this fiscal year to the combat arms and those on operations.

I hope this applies to the reserve combat arms as well.

Perhaps when they get issued thy will be tested to ensure integrity when used in conjunction with the c4 gas mask. Say I havent used a camelpack for gas mask drills....how do you drink?

Camelback does make an NBC "proof" bladder and valve assembly it is expensive but worth it if you are concerned about such things.

Originally posted by 48Highlander:
[qb] that means the reserves will get them some time in 2024 :) [/qb]
Yeah, and I heard that we‘re also supposed to get the load-bearing tactical vests sometime soon too. :rolleyes:

Heres a pic of the load bearing vest, the cadpat works pretty good and is very comfortabe. Just lacks a little room for kit.

http://www.picturedot.com/FetchImageJPG.asp?ImageType=P&ImageFormat=H&ImageID=73993

My camelbak nozzle has a optional Attachment for gas Masks.

HEHEHHE I got my Tac vest :D And Cadpat Knee Pads.

http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v103/RobertMccafferty/scan0044.jpg

P.S. Im in Reserve‘s.

all the guys who went over to afghanistan came back with TAC vests and cadpat goretex. I used my buddies vest for a while...going back to webbing after resulted in a pretty big morale drop. it‘s a VERY nice piece of kit.

Robert KM,
Quit gloating and being such a dork. There‘s lot‘s of guys waiting for kit, they don‘t need you rubbing their nose in it. Grow up.

I Cant help it, I love it soo much. Best Kit I Have. :D

**** I still gotta wear my 82 pattern webbing, On courses and stuff.

Becuase I only have to wear 82 webbing on courses, That wasn‘t, My 2A, i‘ll probley have my webbing.

Dont worry PPL will get them, Remember Thing Take Time. They Starting To make alot more 7034 Cadpat pants, For us to Exchange, Ive been trying for 2 years.

anyhoo.

I want the issued Camelbak, You can get it at the PPCLI Kit shop. I want It Built in the Webbing or vest. Less Straps to worry about.

I'm going on my SQ/BIQ this summer in Meaford and I've been told by a lot of guys at the unit that a Camelbak is a good investment that will serve me well on long ruck marches.  I've looked at places like sportchek and the only model they seem to carry is the Classic one designed for biking and whatnot.  I saw on the website that there are military models and my question is, are the civilian models like the Classic strong enough to withstand field useage?  Like will the bladder pop if i wear it underneath a heavy rucksack or are they designed to handle such treatment.  Anyone who has used the camelbak and can give me some useful feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

:cdn:

you don't put it on your back if you're going to be ruck-marching... there was a thread about good places to put it a while ago.....

Back