• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

X-mo-1979 said:
For all those in petawawa who were told we were getting it prior to wainwright,dont bet on it.
Even with some of our higher esch with us,we didnt get squat.Even though it was pushed down for us to go get it.
Base clothing has never heard of it.

Some of them have heard of it ...  ;)

It is being pushed down (that's how initial issue of new kit works as I have already said ...)

But, NO ONE is going to be issued it until it is on base in sufficient qtys to issue to all deploying pers for upcoming TF etc.

I'll tell you what --- as the clothing stores Sgt --- if I sent a LogRep up the CoC stating that I had recd 10 sets of cadpat raingear (out of 800 sets reqd to kit the "top priority Unit on base") it would take approx 4.2 seconds for every Unit on Base to "hear about it." Within 15 minutes, I'd have 250 people at my counter asking for it and bitching when my staff had to tell them "no."

RELAX ... you'll get your raingear when it has been recd in appropriate qtys to kit ALL pers who fall into that top priority spot. Until then, you won't.

And, when it is recd in the proper qtys to kit that first Unit -- then you'll hear about it via your CoC, most probably via O Gp during which you'll also rec timings/dates for initial issue. You'll all get it over a pre-arranged date(s) in a Unit bulk issue during which clothing stores will be kitting out hundreds of pers into this item -- not just you. Simply put, Clothing does not have time to answer 800 queries from 800 individuals about "I 'heard' it's here ... when am I getting mine and why not?" Your CoC WILL give you the details on your items when your CoC is advised by Clothing that total qtys have been recd and makes contact with them to effect the switch out from the old gear. Nominal rolls would have to be sent by your Unit etc so that clothing could ensure that the pers they are issuing to actually ARE a part of that "top priority" Unit such as 1 RCR etc who is being issued. It is not a simple matter of individuals wandering themselves over to clothing and getting theirs exchanged as you seem to think it is.

OH and BTW, even when something is "pushed down" for you to get it as the priority Unit (ie your Unit was told that it would be pushed to your supporting clothing stores for issue to you as the priority Unit) ... it still needs to come into the system and the items (stock) pushed to clothing stores. PUSHED means that your clothing stores can NOT demand it in to the base to kit you --- CTS/NDHQ will PUSH the stock to the base to effect the issue to you when the qtys are recd ... and at a date of CTS/NDHQs choosing. It has nothing to do with clothing stores, rather when it is "pushed to them by centre", they'll advise the CoC of details as outlined above.

As I crawl out of my cave and roar an old dinosaur roar.  :warstory:

This is all reminiscent of when the current issue rain gear came on line.  We were used to that old nylon crap or buying our own American Rain Gear. When were were finally issued it, we thought it was light years ahead of what the issue stuff was. Supply was slow on getting it out too until sufficient stock came in.  Everyone was anxious to get it. We were like kids at Christmas. Everyone is so anxious to get the new stuff even though it's really no better. than the old stuff In fact the older stuff is better in someway's (Can't wait for "the new rain gear is garbage" threat to start up).

I was wearing the AF rain gear since early on. I was one of the lucky firsts to get it and now six years on I still have my original. I was lucky enough to keep it on my posting to Shilo but was told by my chief not to wear it. "
The reason was simple, as a Tfc Tech working in supply, the Chief didn't want me wearing it because the first time someone saw me in Canex, (like "AngelVern" had mentioned,) word would have spread like wild fire and there would have been 800 phone calls asking when the new rain gear was being issued.

Everyone be patient when you get it you get it.
Its only rain gear, it keeps you dry just as well as the other stuff. Then once its issued and the thread that I mentioned above gets started, I will have to ask the mods to merge these two topics or at least have this one permanently linked so we can compare the expectations of this "wonder kit" to the realities of life.

;D

ArmyVern said:
NO!! I'm glad you are gone from Gagetown because then I'd have had to put "3" in there earlier after dealing with all your custom made kit.

Yikes.

Yeah I had slim down these days. But I still got a nice gucci set of Coveralls... thanks Vern.  Makes the troops jealous.. ;D

ArmyVern said:
Some of them have heard of it ...  ;)

It is being pushed down (that's how initial issue of new kit works as I have already said ...)

But, NO ONE is going to be issued it until it is on base in sufficient qtys to issue to all deploying pers for upcoming TF etc.

While I understand the train of thought behind the deploying personel getting new kit first, they are just going to get the arid pattern rain gear when they get there anyway.  Should the temperate pattern not go to the people staying here who will be actually using it?

jaawod said:
While I understand the train of thought behind the deploying personel getting new kit first, they are just going to get the arid pattern rain gear when they get there anyway.   Should the temperate pattern not go to the people staying here who will be actually using it?

Wouldnt mind using it in Wainwright/Europe.Still have 12 weeks of training we wouldnt mind using it for.

For those of us in Kingston, Clothing had "New Raingear (Army) Feb 2009" on the magic whiteboard of shortages as of yesterday.... hopefully that's field units first, so I won't see RMC students with it before me!  ;D

SuperSlug said:
For those of us in Kingston, Clothing had "New Raingear (Army) Feb 2009" on the magic whiteboard of shortages as of yesterday.... hopefully that's field units first, so I won't see RMC students with it before me!  ;D

*Silly Hat Mood*
Sad part, we are getting new recurits from CFSAL with them issued to them. It's really don't matter nowadays.. if I blow up due to me operating the Refueler without my static free jacket.. well.. I"ll have a nice crispy tan.  ;D

SuperSlug said:

Ohhh an EDD of Feb 09 ... lots of time for change yet!! On the bus ... off the bus ...  >:D

Seriously, that is a good sign though; at least you know CTS remember that Kingston exists.  ;D

I know, maybe someone went to Ottawa with a big powerpoint presentation on how to drive to Kingston with Google Earth.

They even had the new rucksack listed there, with what units get it first. The sky is falling!!!  :crybaby:

Sgt  Schultz said:
*Silly Hat Mood*
Sad part, we are getting new recurits from CFSAL with them issued to them. It's really don't matter nowadays.. if I blow up due to me operating the Refueler without my static free jacket.. well.. I"ll have a nice crispy tan.  ;D

Of course, doing the prescribed 3-point bonding would keep you safe even if you were wearing nuclear-powered fleece...  ;)

Can't forget the timeless "duck and cover". 50+ years and it still protects against nuclear fallout.

After a request of extension of 15 days (by industry) from 30 to 45, the tendering process on merx.ca for the Army Cadpat raingear closed today. 

We will see how good are the bids so the contract can be awarded.

Ecco said:
After a request of extension of 15 days (by industry) from 30 to 45, the tendering process on merx.ca for the Army Cadpat raingear closed today. 

We will see how good are the bids so the contract can be awarded.

Progress. A wee bit closer to reality now then.  :)

I got my new rain gear today at base clothing in Petawawa.

I like the old stuff better.(jovial of course)

So yes virginia there is raingear for battle group people.

X-Mo, can you in fact fit a pack of smokes in the arm pockets as Shultz was pondering about? I never did get to try to stick a pack in there.

I just got mine today too.
Haven't tested it out yet (obviously) but it seems pretty awesome to me. It fits very well and feels good. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Despite having probably gone through hundreds ( thousands?) of sets of rainsuits the supply techs were polite professional and helpful.

PuckChaser said:
...hopefully that's field units first, so I won't see RMC students with it before me!  ;D

Too late my friend. Far too late...

Lumber said:
Too late my friend. Far too late...

Which is perfectly acceptable given certain circumstances.

Just as it was for the ICE. They have to wear something rather than nothing -- so if they happened to have been OJTd or tasked to a Unit that was already converted ... good for them. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Recruits are wearing it in Saint Jean -- they too have to wear something. Or should we just let them go through with no rain gear and pray that the heavens don't open up on them?

ArmyVern said:
Recruits are wearing it in Saint Jean -- they too have to wear something. Or should we just let them go through with no rain gear and pray that the heavens don't open up on them?

Sounds like a winter DP1 I taught,where our students couldnt get parka's,windpants,belaclava's,mucklucks due to everything being op restricted for 2 RCR.

ArmyVern said:

When I was in A'stan, we had to hand in our Arid rain gear to be issued to the incoming Roto , leaving us with nothing.  Thankfully, it didn't rain the last few weeks I was there.  ::)

Back