• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

ArmyVern said:
Recruits are wearing it in Saint Jean -- they too have to wear something. Or should we just let them go through with no rain gear and pray that the heavens don't open up on them?

A little rain never hurt anybody.  They aren't made of sugar, they won't melt.  Besides, if it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin'.

RCR Grunt said:
A little rain never hurt anybody.  They aren't made of sugar, they won't melt.  Besides, if it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin'.

So, you'll have no issues then if we take away your own rain gear then, and never replace it.

PMedMoe said:
When I was in A'stan, we had to hand in our Arid rain gear to be issued to the incoming Roto , leaving us with nothing.  Thankfully, it didn't rain the last few weeks I was there.   ::)

Well, thankfully, the chances of it raining where you were, were a little less than they are in Saint Jean eh?

X-mo-1979 said:
Sounds like a winter DP1 I taught,where our students couldnt get parka's,windpants,belaclava's,mucklucks due to everything being op restricted for 2 RCR.

Yeah -- the ICE was. Some of us worked very hard to circumvent the system and get those guys into the OD gortex though. You should have seen the nastygrams we got for our actions on that from the place that put the Ops Restrictions on the gear in the first place.  ;)

Many clothing stores pulled some pretty "outside of box" stuff to get whatever we could find out to trainees who needed stuff right accross the nation during that period.

ArmyVern said:
Well, thankfully, the chances of it raining where you were, were a little less than they are in Saint Jean eh?

Depends on the time of year doesn't it, and some flopper in St Jean only has to move from building to building if at all.

ArmyVern said:
So, you'll have no issues then if we take away your own rain gear then, and never replace it.

I don't have any rain gear for you to take away, so it would be no change for me.

MG34 said:
Depends on the time of year doesn't it, and some flopper in St Jean only has to move from building to building if at all.

Except for all the time spent on the range, etc in Farnham  :)

Armyvern, I understand the mindset that a soldier needs something and why someone might see it as easier to give new recruits the brand new gear instead of issuing them old stuff just to turn around to issue them new stuff.  Still in this case instead of what's easier I think the best new equipment should be given to the guys and girls flying over on operations.

Flawed Design said:
Armyvern, I understand the mindset that a soldier needs something and why someone might see it as easier to give new recruits the brand new gear instead of issuing them old stuff just to turn around to issue them new stuff.  Still in this case instead of what's easier I think the best new equipment should be given to the guys and girls flying over on operations.

Did you miss my "nothing" in that original post? There simply is NO old raingear to issue them. It really is that simple.

And, BTW, I've already stated that the deploying TF WAS the priority, but all those troops who already have old raingear and who are NOT on the upcoming TF --- aren't taking priority over people with nothing. I really don't think that's too hard a concept to understand. If the recruits don't get the new stuff --- they have nothing. Other troops, at least, have something. And, they will all get it eventually.

Methinks it's just a case of the old timers getting upset because the newbies are getting the new stuff.
If the oldtimers had their way, they would turn in their old scrap for the new gear... thereby leaving old gear for the newbies...

Unfortunately... it don't work that way.

Breathe 2-3

Well got mine yesterday and it looks like a bit of an improvement over the old set.

Hopefully will breath and not soak you from the inside out like the last style.

Regards

ArmyVern said:
Did you miss my "nothing" in that original post? There simply is NO old raingear to issue them. It really is that simple.

And, BTW, I've already stated that the deploying TF WAS the priority, but all those troops who already have old raingear and who are NOT on the upcoming TF --- aren't taking priority over people with nothing. I really don't think that's too hard a concept to understand. If the recruits don't get the new stuff --- they have nothing. Other troops, at least, have something. And, they will all get it eventually.

No rain gear at all? Crazy.
I do agree that non TF types should not get priority over people with nothing.
Besides your smrter than me simple concepts to you are latin to me  ;)

Geo do I qualfiy as an old timer??

Flawed Design said:
No rain gear at all? Crazy.
I do agree that non TF types should not get priority over people with nothing.
Besides your smrter than me simple concepts to you are latin to me  ;)

Sure you qualify.  ;D

They weren't getting any of the "old stuff" brought into the system from contractors while the "new stuff" was also incoming. Increased intake in students at Saint Jean was greater numbers than the numbers of serviceable "old stuff" being returned into the system by releasing personnel.

Well, we got ours right in the nick of time- the week before we go to Rainwright Wainwright. I'm glad they were on the ball about that.

It actually looks like quite a decent jacket and is big enough to layer easily over the fleece. I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity over the coming month to see if I like it or not.  ;D

How will this work with the reserves?

If we don't have any of the old stuff left for the reserves to restock their QM with does that mean new recruits in the reserves  will be issued the new rain gear?

Flawed Design said:
How will this work with the reserves?

If we don't have any of the old stuff left for the reserves to restock their QM with does that mean new recruits in the reserves  will be issued the new rain gear?

Hah. It'll be the webbing -> Tacvest all over again. I joined shortly before the conversion, and I remember a few older guys having conniption fits when the new intakes started getting issued Tacvests before my regiment at the time had gotten its bulk issue.

Flawed Design said:
Are you kidding... You don't even have your 1st CD - let alone one or two rosettes  :warstory:

OK lets bring this topic back to life. Is there any word yet when the first line unit are going to get the new CADPAT raingear???

Back