• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CadetPat field uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
The subject of Reservists still being in Cadets has been beaten to death here. Check some other threads and you will find that it is allowed under certain conditions.

Why don't we all pause to reflect upon the Army.ca Conduct Guidelines , specifically the portion about Qualifying Information I am getting sick and tired of repeating myself on this subject, if you have something to contribute you had better be ready to back it up with some hard info, preferably in the form of a link.

Because this hasn't been done, yet another thread is going to bite the dust in the Cadet Forum.

The last thread was locked? so this tidbit can be its own thread.

My new Corps is having Cadets purchase, at their expense, and only if they so desire, the new CADETPAT uniform. Some observations:

- The old "grama" buttons are still on. If I was using my set for an extended period of time (which I'm not) I'd remove them. They're big, and ugly;
- The material was rumoured to be changing. It did not.
- If you don't explicitly give them last name information they will print the name tape as "ARMY CADETS" so be warned;
- The Boots are perhaps one of the worst products I have ever seen. Don't buy them, I'd suggest. They're thin, and the tread is a joke. Go to a local surplus store, or better yet buy new if you can afford it;
- The bush hat isn't as bad as I thought it might be, but the sizes seem to be off. It might be best to actually call the company when ordering?
- They are very good with shipping times and costs.

Cheers

Are these the same type as the ones the CSM's at VACSTC wore this summer? Or have they been modified from that (It was my understanding that the ones we saw the CSM's wear were a prototype)

So in conclusion, the prototype is effectivly the finished product.

Do any of you have any pictures available of this CADETPAT? I have never heard of it.

Aug18_rogozinksi.jpg

This is C/CSM Shawn Rogozinski, 390 North Saskatchewan Regiment RC(Army)CC, from Alpha Company VACSTC 2005.

And that's what it looks like.

So is this what all cadets are supposed to wear now? I am not too sure how I feel about it yet.

That is a very good question. I was sure my slip ons had Cadet written on them.

ordering this cadetpat is optional.  I have heard that the material was suppost to be changed to the material general issue CADPAT is made of but this has not happend and that is a fact.  A couple of my cadets have it and the buttons are the same and so is the material.  The buttons can be changed and is not worth getting bent out of shape about them (They're buttons)  I live in an area that doesnt get hot in the summer but gets cold in the winter so the material isnt a big deal if you live in a similar area.  I myself am getting a pair because it is quite effective.  I did a test on an FTX recently with one cadet wearing cadetpat and the other wearing ODs and the cadetpat clad cadet was harder to spot hidden in a bush than the OD one.  When they infromed my corps about it I told my cadets not to order the boots because I tried them out in Vernon.  They were junk.  The tilly hat is ok.  Maybe wash it and toss it into the dryer with some fabric softener and it should be a bit better.

The CADPAT rank slips were issued by Vernon ACSTC this summer to CSMs wearing the CADETPAT.  I'm not sure why, but it was probably the COs descision.

Kyle Burrows said:
The CADPAT rank slips were issued by Vernon ACSTC this summer to CSMs wearing the CADETPAT.   I'm not sure why, but it was probably the COs descision.

Not toppurposely start an argument but if a CIC officer(or any one) told me to shoot my cadets I woulden't do it. So why do something that is iillegal? Is it not right there in the mmanual "obey all LAWFUL orders and regulations"?

I was under the impression that the Rank Slip ons in CADETPAT were unavailable (Unconfirmed), so they CSM's were issued the CADPAT ones.

In my opinion, the marpat uniforms are fug.  The sizings are ridiculous.  You get some pants that are super skinny with really long legs, and others that are ridiculously large.  The material feels like crap, as they have a special coating, not to be washed in a regular washing machine.  The colour fades extremely quickly, and the buttons are extremely inconvenient. 

Personally, I would not waste my money on them.  But hey, to each their own.  ::)

C/WO. McWatt said:
Not toppurposely start an argument but if a CIC officer(or any one) told me to shoot my cadets I woulden't do it. So why do something that is iillegal? Is it not right there in the mmanual "obey all LAWFUL orders and regulations"?
I would have to agree with you there, I think being told to wear a rank slip on that you haven't earned is an unlawful order. If the CADETPAT slip ons were unavailable, why were they not ordered to wear their standard green one which has cadet written on the bottom? I find this very odd.

RMR, I agree with you I don't think the Uniforms are all that feasible. Sure they look cool, and I'm sure allot of Cadets will try and get their hands on a set. I have a few pairs of the OD combats that are used nation wide for Cadets, and I don't think there is anything wrong with them. Cadets will probably buy the CADETPAT for the LCF (Look Cool Factor). I think ODs are fine for Cadets, if they want a state of the art uniform join the Reserves. Also I think the new CADETPAT uniforms are to brownish (IMHO of course).

My statement about the Slip Ons is still unconfirmed, if someone could shed some light on this mystery?

At the time of the picture, the cadetpat rank slip ons had not yet been made in marpat form, so they gave the CSMs regular cadpat slip ons temporarily.  ANyway I couldnt tell the difference until i looked at it closely anyway, not a big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back