• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boot, General Purpose (Mk III acting/interim replacement)

Thanks Vern.  I will pass this information along so that she makes a point of approaching supply in Borden.  I know she has small feet, but I figured it was just a matter of all the small sizes being gone (it happens a lot to her in shoe stores).

I owe you one....correction....SHE owes you one.  And if she's ever in Gagetown, I'll make sure she buys the appropriate liquid nutrients (just please promise me you won't be in a bathroom stall yelling "Help, I can't find my skirt"!)  :rofl:

ArmyVern said:
Also, please note that I have highlighted para 5e in red font: This para is the authority for personnel who do not wish to wear issued boots to procure and wear civilian pattern footwear using their own monies provided that those purchased boots generally resemble issued boots (ie are black/leather etc).

I don't think I'll be testing that one out, until I start work-up training ;D
ArmyVern said:
No drinks required -- they pay me 24/7 to do my job.

But you posted during work hours  ;D

NL_engineer said:
I don't think I'll be testing that one out, until I start work-up training ;D
But you posted during work hours  ;D

Ahem .. I posted earlier in this thread that I am on course this week. I posted at 1215hrs (or thereabouts) ... squarely during my lunch hour today (which actually ended up being from 1115ish until 1300hrs so we could "re-ghost" our machines ;D) just as I promised I would.

MITE course ... jammy;)

The mono sizes run from an equivelant of 2.5C (womens) to 13.5F (males). If you wore any footwear within those size ranges previously -- there's boots in the mono sizes to accomodate you.

Mark III:  7 1/2 - 8C was 264/92.

Current GP is 265/100, waiting for a GP 265/96

ArmyVern said:
Ahem .. I posted earlier in this thread that I am on course this week. I posted at 1215hrs (or thereabouts) ... squarely during my lunch hour today (which actually ended up being from 1115ish until 1300hrs so we could "re-ghost" our machines ;D) just as I promised I would.

MITE course ... jammy;)

Nicely done. Touche.

ArmyVern said:
From the CFSM (Canadian Forces Supply Manual) Vol 3, Ch 13, Sec G, Art 002, para 5b:

Also, please note that I have highlighted para 5e in red font: This para is the authority for personnel who do not wish to wear issued boots to procure and wear civilian pattern footwear using their own monies provided that those purchased boots generally resemble issued boots (ie are black/leather etc).
Does this mean what I think it means?
Or would this just get me in a load of shit?

Joonrooj said:
Does this mean what I think it means?  Or would this just get me in a load of shit?
When one want's to know if their CoC will allow something, then one is best served by asking their CoC.

If it's in the manual... Isn't it good to go? Now that would just make sense.

MedTech said:
If it's in the manual... Isn't it good to go?
Well, your RSM's dress manual will tell him that you cannot choose to replace any item of dress because you don't agree with said item. 
He will win in a contest of wills when determining which manual will be heeded.  Therefore, check with your CoC.

Joonrooj said:
Does this mean what I think it means?
Or would this just get me in a load of shit?

Like MCG pointed out, your Unit RSM (with an aside from the CO) will be the deciding factor for what dress is acceptable for Unit pers on a daily basis.

I highlighted that ref because it is one of the most requested references to policy that I receive here on the site. Some pers ask for it because at their home Unit, their own civ pattern purchased boots are allowed, but as soon as they wander away from Home Unit lines they have been questioned about their footwear -- and they wanted to have the ref handy.

I have also had an RSM ask me for the ref, so he'd have a ref to give all the "visitors" to his Unit who were spending "too much time bitching about their being 4 or 5 styles of boots being worn" (although all were black, most were issued styles and only 1 pair was individually procured) instead of the "important" stuff.

I have also had people ask for it because their RSM wasn't sure wheter or not it was actually "authorized" to wear civ pattern purchased footwear despite them having heard "rumours" of it. One of them passed the ref on to his RSM and it ended up being passed on to his pers "officially" at an O Gp.

But, I also know of at least one RSM who interpreted "and who do not accept service footwear" to mean that you'd better not have issued footwear on your docs.

You'll have to ask yours what your Unit policy is.

RSMs, they are a quirky bunch.  >:D

Either way it works out for you, I've got the ref up here now so I don't have to tell everyone who asks ... "I'll send it to you from work tomorrow" anymore. Now -- I can just say "do a search!!"  ;D

Not an RSM here,,,,,CSM and  yes I'm a bit quirky too. It comes with the territory. I don't like issue fleece being worn as an outer garment.

BTW the new issue boots are OK by me. I find them to very comfortable.

OldSolduer said:
Not an RSM here,,,,,CSM and  yes I'm a bit quirky too. It comes with the territory. I don't like issue fleece being worn as an outer garment.

BTW the new issue boots are OK by me. I find them to very comfortable.

My 2 cents (and this debate has gone on before) why would the put a place for a slip on it if it wasn't meant for use as outerwear?

SAPPER I have no idea why they did this. ALl I know is when fleece was first issued, it was not to be worn as an outer garment. I still ahven't seen any directives to the contrary. Maybe I'm just old school that way...

I know, just seeing if you had more insight than us lower on the pole  ;D

Back