• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BC mother saves toddler from Cougar attack

Good on the mom :) I know mothers will do anything to protect their young, its nice to see such things get media coverage.

other than that, I kind of got the feeling that the dogs used to track the cougar would be easy prey for the cougar

JBoyd said:
other than that, I kind of got the feeling that the dogs used to track the cougar would be easy prey for the cougar

Eons ago I visited someone in Kamloops who had about a dozen hounds for hunting cougars.  When confronted by a large number of dogs the cougar goes up a tree and awaits the hunter.

ahh ok, explains the multiple dogs :) thanks, just seemed to me that the dogs were on the smallish size to be tracking a predatory animal.

Small - Tahltan Bear Dog - 15 pounds.

http://www.thebreedsofdogs.com/TAHLTAN_BEAR_DOG.htm

Cougars right tick me off.  They sound like a baby crying in distress in the bush.  If you've got one hanging around it can be hard to sleep at night.  I've got occasional cougars, black bears, grizzly bears, and wolves but have never had any sort of problem.  Two legged beasts are a lot more worrisome than the four legged variety.  Besides I take the odd shot at a bear to coax them on their way.  You can't do that with the two legged variety.

Back