• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Battlestar Galactica (Beware....Possible SPOILERS! read at your own risk)

Who is most likely a Cylon ?

• Total voters
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

It's not the first time I couldn't view YouTube links that others could...

???

I would definately watch that!!!  Looks real good.
Now if we can just get thru the final season  :crybaby: of BSG.

That was a good watch in regards to the caprica show .    Does any one know when the rest of season four will be on I know that sci-fi stated that it will be back on 09  but just wondering when ?

karl28 said:
        That was a good watch in regards to the caprica show .     Does any one know when the rest of season four will be on I know that sci-fi stated that it will be back on 09  but just wondering when ?
They haven't released the schedule yet, but i'm guessing it'll be early to mid january.  Absolute latest would be early February.

Well, the good thing about having a late season is it doesn't run up against another of your favourite shows...Like CSI.  I'm just wondering HOW they're gonna end it in season 4??  :-\    :crybaby:    :blotto:
I'm sure some of us will be glued to the TV's on that specific night... like a bunch of geeks we are  http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/BYTDriver1/battlestar-glactica.jpg

Sheerin 

Thanks for that here is hoping that it comes out early Jan going through withdrawls guess I will have to settle for watching the first three seasons on DVD till than Yeah I know I am nerd LOL

BYT Driver 

I know that I will truly miss this show it has been a fav of mine sense it came out I just hope that the last part of season 4 is amazing and fitting for the show  .  On another note not sure what I will do when the show is over but the Caprica series  might be neat to watch

From TVGuide.ca

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/TVNews/Articles/080808_battlestar_special_DW

More ‘BSG’ to come

By Denette Wilford

2008-08-08

Network confirms details of ‘Battlestar’ movie
The Sci Fi Channel has confirmed another Battlestar Galactica movie, scheduled to air in 2009.

According to a Sci Fi press release, the two-hour special, directed by star Edward James Olmos, will follow the series’ end next year and feature familiar BSG faces like Michael Trucco, Aaron Douglas and Dean Stockwell. Last month, the fan site, Galactica Sitrep reported that Katee Sackhoff, Grace Park and Michael Hogan were all being courted for the film, but nothing’s been confirmed. In the coming weeks, we’ll undoubtedly learn about more participants.

Earlier this week, the L.A. Times hinted about some holdouts among the cast, perhaps playing a little salary hardball.

“The cast are lovely,” said Mark Stern, executive vice-president of original programming for Sci Fi. “That's not to say we're not getting phone calls from their agents saying, ‘They're huge now.’ And we're respectful of that. We're not expecting anyone to do it because they owe us. There are actors that have come to some prominence; they're helping us out because they want to do it.”

Plot details are scarce, but BSG co-executive producer is set to pet the script and filming will begin shooting in Vancouver at the end of the summer.

Thoughts? denette@tvguide.ca

The movie will be a prequel and it will be set before the pilot mini-series. I also got information from another article on the same website that has since been removed- that the prequel might be titled "Command Chair". I am guessing that it might be about Adama and Tigh on the Battlestar Valkyrie before they were transferred to the Galactica, though I cannot find any references online to it so far even after I googled "Command Chair".

http://www.tvshark.com/read/?art=arc2211%20 - the removed article link

http://www.tvshark.com/read/?art=arc1602

'Battlestar' Prequel Movie Coming At Conclusion Of Series:

'Sci Fi Channel' has announced that it will air the new 'Battlestar Galactica' two-hour prequel movie in 2009 following the conclusion of the series.

The movie will be directed by BSG star Edward James Olmos. Yes, none other than Admiral William Adama himself. The film doesn't yet have an official title will be set before the events of the Battlestar miniseries which set the stage for the show.

Here's how Sci Fi describes it: "In the beginning, the Cylons had a plan, but it didn't account for one thing: survivors. During the chaotic aftermath of the nuclear destruction, two powerful Cylon agents struggle with plots and priorities on the human ships that got away and among the resistance fighters who were left behind."

Three confirmed cast members are Michael Trucco (Sam Anders), Aaron Douglas (Galen Tyrol), and Dean Stockwell (Cavil aka Number One), who will all play Cylons.

The movie will also be sold on DVD after it airs which gives it a much higher budget than an average pilot. It will be designed to setup the world, just as the miniseries setup the rebooted 'Battlestar Galactica' and if successful, the network would pick it up as a series titled 'Caprica'.

I have to say I'm definitely looking forward to the spirit of BSG to live beyond the 4 seasons of the show. At this rate it's going to become the long running franchise to beat.

Anders, Tyrol, and Cavil all as Cylons eh? This is definitely sounding interesting.

Sweet mother load a BSG movie that would be awesome to see .  I cant wait to see where it all goes for the show .

I am sorry I watched 10 minutes of BSG the other night and turned it off, Hollywood is way to silly for my brain to take anymore. If a female subortinate comes up and asks her captain if they are having a relationship or not, i am quite sure a real captain can give them a direct answer, sigh I guess actors and directors can't fathom the concept of duty above personal needs.

Colin P said:
I am sorry I watched 10 minutes of BSG the other night and turned it off, Hollywood is way to silly for my brain to take anymore. If a female subortinate comes up and asks her captain if they are having a relationship or not, i am quite sure a real captain can give them a direct answer, sigh I guess actors and directors can't fathom the concept of duty above personal needs.

I don't quite remember which episode you're referring to, but it maybe easier to understand if you know the background of Battlestar Galactica. It was a ship that was about to be decommissioned if it wasn't for the sudden annihilation by the Cylons. The people on it aren't really the cream of the crop. The ship is full of officers who aren't really fit to be called so under normal circumstances (the ever insubordinate Starbuck, Boomer fraternizing with the Chief, Apollo who refuses to carry out orders) and NCMs that joined only to pay for dental schools or insults another officer for a decision that killed few lives but saved many. When there are only a few tens of thousand people left, you really have to make do with the personnel that you have.

I'm not in the military yet, but you can't expect a TV show to get everything right, especially when the story isn't based in the same universe :). Personally, I like how everyone is flawed on the show. I would imagine people would be a lot more depressed however given the devastating loss; how did they even function for so long without giving up?

I was watching BSG when you were likely pooping your diapers  ;D

I know the plot, the problem with Hollywood is they think everyone needs to be screwed up and every crew, platoon, whatever needs to have every charactor trait known to man represented and played out ad nauseum. Sad to think that I long for the days when the show depends on good hairdos and tight pants.  :eek:

Colin P said:
I was watching BSG when you were likely pooping your diapers  ;D

I know the plot, the problem with Hollywood is they think everyone needs to be screwed up and every crew, platoon, whatever needs to have every charactor trait known to man represented and played out ad nauseum. Sad to think that I long for the days when the show depends on good hairdos and tight pants.  :eek:

haha, my bad. It is hard nowadays to find a show (or movie) with the right balance. If it's between the good ol' days of good vs. evil with a PSA announcement at the end of every episode and the dark, grimey, tragic stories we get now I guess I'll choose the latter. I don't know how much of the new BSG you know, but the character Helo is probably the only person who can do no wrong on the show. I just find that self-righteousness sometimes hard to stomach. If I were only interested in hairdos and tight pants though, he does look pretty nice in flight suit. :D

I hate to put a spoil on all the talk; but doesn't Aaron Douglas play Chief Tyrol and isn't he going to be in a new cop show on CTV  ???
I will still watch Caprica and the last season of BSG to the last show.  :'(    :'(   

Colin P said:

Yeah in a normal situation, but if there are only 38k humans left and you've been living aboard your ship for 3+ years now I'm sure some sort of relationship will develop.  If you really want to watch the series, you should go back and watch the miniseries and then move on through the 4 seasons from there.

Sheerin said:
Yeah in a normal situation, but if there are only 38k humans left and you've been living aboard your ship for 3+ years now I'm sure some sort of relationship will develop.  If you really want to watch the series, you should go back and watch the miniseries and then move on through the 4 seasons from there.

Hell, there are relationships that happen in the CF, no?  And we're not even necessarily thrown in close quarters all of the time.

Dimsum said:
Hell, there are relationships that happen in the CF, no?  And we're not even necessarily thrown in close quarters all of the time.

Taught on an SYEP have you then? 8)

Back