• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army DEU Parka

Bzzliteyr said:
@my72jeep: what's a clothing stores?  I am posted to Calgary and my unit is in Valcartier.. I ain't getting nothing with my titles on it anywhere around here!!
Well in that case Evil Bay?

Bzzliteyr said:
@recceguy, I would think they would have had some say in it getting on that site in the first place.

@my72jeep: what's a clothing stores?  I am posted to Calgary and my unit is in Valcartier.. I ain't getting nothing with my titles on it anywhere around here!!

Your RQ can order them for you, or hey how about this, ask some of your buddies in valkatraz to send you some.

I have no friends.. anywhere..

Forever alone.

btw.. I am just teasing.. I am sure I can find some with no problems.  My kit shop will no doubt love to sell me some if the need arises, and they most likely make ME pay shipping.

Bzzliteyr said:
I have no friends.. anywhere..

Forever alone.

btw.. I am just teasing.. I am sure I can find some with no problems.  My kit shop will no doubt love to sell me some if the need arises, and they most likely make ME pay shipping.
Got you one better my kit shop was selling stuff that was issue for a bit. Till thay got cought at it.

Hey, I ordered mine the first couple weeks of Jan and just got it today (4 Mar).  It is not that bad and it is very light :)  I found a link that showed where the rank goes...it goes on the right flap .....http://www.materiel.forces.gc.ca/en/ss-ni-parka.page...I attached the pic.

So, we received the official word on where to wear the ranks on the new jacket this week, and I had two questions:
1) How in God's green earth is anyone supposed to see that pin until you are actually on top of the person;
2) Do they have the Pins for Officer ranks?

Now, granted I'm RCAF and don't know all the ins and outs of the different Army pins and bows, so maybe this is one of those stupid questions I should have kept to myself.

Officer ranks seem like they would be the standard embroidered gold on black slipons on the shoulder that goes with all other DEU items.

Yes, Army officer slip-ons have gold ribbon on green (just like the RCAF). I've seen a few specimens of the DEU parka around the neighborhood this week. I can report that it is not as shiny nor as lightly-coloured as those early photos seem to suggest. To me it was not noticably different in colour from the Army DEU.

Website even states that it is the same colour as the pants, not as what is shown on the page pictures....

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Although I know what the normal slip ons look like, when I received the brief, it was given that all ranks would be worn on the breast, not just the those for NCMs. Thanks for clearing it up now.

I still say it looks hard to see.

Rheostatic said:
Where is an NCM's rank meant to go?

The NCM metal rank badge shall be worn centered vertically on the right breast flap, 2 cm from the right edge of the zipper cover flap.  Branch/corps/unit DEU slip ons will also be worn.  I'll post pics from work tomorrow.

Rheostatic:  pics of the positioning of the rank badges have not been posted.  Here they are.

George Wallace said:
Those placements for the NCMs look rediculous.

Don't shoot the messenger, George.  And that's NOT my jacket on display.

George Wallace said:
Those placements for the NCMs look rediculous.

I'm going to have to agree. Why wasn't it centered. Positioned in relation to where it was on the old CANEX parka would have been more appropriate, IMO. It just looks awkward and out of place now.

recceguy said:
I'm going to have to agree. Why wasn't it centered. Positioned in relation to where it was on the old CANEX parka would have been more appropriate, IMO. It just looks awkward and out of place now.

That has already been pointed out many, many times.

Yeah stupid position.... should go with the ranks on the slip-ons IMHO.....

NFLD Sapper said:
Yeah stupid position.... should go with the ranks on the slip-ons IMHO.....

The Army doesn't have rank on DEU slip-ons and this is an Army parka.

Back