• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army DEU Parka

I still think they could've given everyone back their OD ICE Cmbt jacket if the color of the "new" jacket is the way it looks in the pic.  :2c:

You know, budget cuts and fiscal restraint and all that...

Since We're talking budget cuts; Why not stay with the Gaberdine and the rain coat that are already supplied by Logistik Unicorp. It looks more professional when worn in garrison and it's readily available to the troops. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Rheostatic said:
Where is an NCM's rank meant to go?

Don't worry.  NCM's aren't supposed to afford to buy them, so there was not thought put into that.    >:D

George Wallace said:
NCM's aren't supposed to afford to buy them…
The jackets are free through the Logistics Unicorps site.  The crown has paid for them.

Will they be OD green slip ons for the rank?  Will they come with the issued jacket?  If so, will they simply have "Canada" slipons?  I am not too sure how many old "12 RBC" OD slipons I have with my current rank on them...

Or did they not calculate for that?

Why would they think ahead? Its like the Temperate Boots... the interim boot since the brown ones failed is the current iteration of the desert boot, which could completely replace the temperate boot and be dual purpose. Slipons are a different department and the jacket people don't worry about that.

DEU slipon and you can use a rank pin for the NCMs. Problem solved!  8)

So now I have to contact my unit to get some DEU slipons?  Where do I even get those?  I have a set at home but have no idea where I got them 20 years ago!!

Bzzliteyr said:
So now I have to contact my unit to get some DEU slipons?  Where do I even get those?  I have a set at home but have no idea where I got them 20 years ago!!
Clothing stores is a good start.

We probably aren't going to even see these things for about 6 months.

The last thing I'd be worried about right now is what position will eventually come out regarding slip ons and rank badges for this thing.

I doubt that the dress committee or the CFCWO is even going to make a decision before they have one physically in their hands.

@recceguy, I would think they would have had some say in it getting on that site in the first place.

@my72jeep: what's a clothing stores?  I am posted to Calgary and my unit is in Valcartier.. I ain't getting nothing with my titles on it anywhere around here!!

Bzzliteyr said:
@recceguy, I would think they would have had some say in it getting on that site in the first place.

Then I'm sure you'll be able to rest easy as information will soon be on it's way for you before you get too frazzled. ;)

That's the scary part.. I doubt the info will get here in a timely manner.. my yukon hat showed up quicker than it was supposed to.. I am NOT READY FOR A NEW JACKET!!!  (Oh wait, I am the one that ordered it so maybe I am ready?)

Back