• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Yeah, another day of overloading the system... I'll give the server upgrade some real attention this week, it's clear we need it.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Yeah, another day of overloading the system... I'll give the server upgrade some real attention this week, it's clear we need it.

No worries Mike we all know that you are working on the situation.

The site seemed to die the same time the news was breaking that the 6 soldiers were killed.  Could be that the cause was readers turning here as a first source for relevant news.

True enough. Thanks too, Mike. I love this site as a new user, and appreciate it immensely.

PS - Holy crap it's fast now all of a sudden!

soulful said:
True enough. Thanks too, Mike. I love this site as a new user, and appreciate it immensely.
Appreciate it enough to become a subscriber?  ;D

Speed has increased greatly!  Keep up the good work Mike.

It's going to come and go for a bit. I'm trying to juggle a few things around so we're not totally bogged down but able to provide the core services.

Please...tell...me...why...it...takes....5...minutes...to ...lozad...pages...at...9:30...tonight...?????

I...find...it...irritating...to...say...the...least!!!!

Can...you...clean...up..the...old...stuff...and..make...more...room???
Just a suggestion?

Been down that road, it won't help. The server's just too overloaded with visitors, we've grown past our current capacity.

BYT Driver

You could always log off and then the rest of us can have better luck with the site.    ;D

George Wallace said:
BYT Driver

You could always log off and then the rest of us can have better luck with the site.    ;D

Just did, and it worked.
Go figure.
And TN, I don't smoke...anymore... :D

Heheh, coincidence BYT, I shut down the services for a few minutes to let things cool off. We're slowly creeping back into overload though.

Shut down...hmm, that works...seems to be okay for now.
Is there a way we can keep visitors down?  Or place a cut off at how many are online at once?
;)

Mike, have you considered mirroring the database between the two servers, and separating the registered members in a real-time environment from the guest swarms on a secondary copy with periodic updates?

BYT Driver said:
Shut down...hmm, that works...seems to be okay for now.
Is there a way we can keep visitors down?  Or place a cut off at how many are online at once?
;)

Greedy SOB, aren't you.  ;D

Not really, George.
Just a thought to keep the "bogging" down from unregistered visitors.
I know, you gonna key on the fact that we all start as visitors and then become members, etc.
I mean "unregistered" by people who just float around and check out what's going on here.
I, for one, "registered" before perusing, then subscribed. 
Now I find that this site has become more than it's server can handle and I'm only trying to come up with ideas to keep the site speed up and running and not s l o w, like it has been the last few nights.
Regards, BYTD      :army:

Back