• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone who could help please read and help me out at this situation.

• Thread starter Thread starter Red-Water.06
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds good, that's what i've been doing this winter, though, I'm still worried if i am giong to miss a spot for January BMQ, if I will have to wait till summer or later, I'll prefer Lorne Scots Unit in Infantry trade.

I have a question related to Greenrubberduckie question, but it will be of no help to him/her.

For the sake of my query, let's assume that what a previous poster had said about the positions in 32 Brigade being full right now is true. 

Is that a case of on paper the units are full or is it that they don't have the money to pay more people to parade.  For example, let's say the Queen's Own Highland Dragoons of Canada has a strenght of 200 (all ranks) on paper, but only 75 parade due to taskings, NES, transfers, or just bums who only show up once a month. 

I guess what I'm getting at is the reason that we can't find greenrubberduckie a spot in one of the units because we haven't caught up administratively to getting rid of people who have decided to leave, or we don't have the money to pay him/her. 

Chris:

Yes to both.  Units do not do pers admin well; there are literally thousands of NES whose units haven't gotten around to publishing them as such or taking administrative action to release them.  Couple that with a significant minority who are very occasional paraders, and you've got few positions available.  That is coupled with a fiscal reality of limited funds meaning limited intake is possible.

dapaterson:

Thanks for the reply  Now, I know some folks on army.ca think very little of MBA-types and how those ideas relate to military management, but I was struck by something Jack Welsh, the former CEO of GE wrote.  He had the idea that every year GE would rank all it’s employees and let the bottom 10% go.  It was a way of ensuring that your best people worked with the best and to continue to add new blood to the organization.  I would be very interested to see the results of something like that with the army.  I’m not talking about a CF wide policy, just a 2 or 3-year trail within one Pres unit.  I wonder what would happen to attendance, morale, IBTS scores, PT scores, etc. 

It’s very disheartening to think that because of people not releasing properly or us not helping them out the door quicker slows up the system for new men and women who really want to be there.

I can't say anything about what chris said, but I could say about my current recruiting status, my career is half consumed by recruiting process. (literally) If as I planned, I wanted to start my training in September, then do SQ in this summer (2008) and if there is any chance start training for a tour to afghanistan right after. Apparentely, I can't blame anything but my luck but I am starting to look at my second and third option. (Either my atttempt to go to RMC or set another career for provincial service)

I can only offer this for you, I was originaly a reserve lineman, followed be a reg force Naval Communicator I am now an Artillery Officer (PH 2) none of my previous trades have hampered my desires to progress or train in a different trade, another example, a good friend of mine was a reservist who went ROTP CIVI U, and his reserve svc eventhough in a different trade has not hampered his progression at all
hope it helps

Greenrubberduckie said:
sounds good, that's what i've been doing this winter, though, I'm still worried if i am giong to miss a spot for January BMQ, if I will have to wait till summer or later, I'll prefer Lorne Scots Unit in Infantry trade.

WTF is wrong with people....

Pick a trade that you like.....not a trade that gets you in the fastest. Its people like you who, 5 years from now, will be starting threads on here about how much they hate their trade and that the CFRC lied to them about remusters and shit......

::)

that's the exactly what I thought I would do until I heard that CF may be changing roles in Afghanistan and may be pulling out of the country by 2009. That's when I'll be turning 18, so my plan was that take a tour to Afghanistan if possible at that time and if not, take an attempt to RMC. The reason that I wanted to get in ASAP is because of three things.
1. By political reason if I have no way to go to Afghanistan, I could easily forget it and do my best to RMC.
2. If I'll be able to go to Afghanistan, taking a tour is very important to me. I would like to set my foot there while I can. I know there are chances that CF may pull-out, because of that I would like to make fastest entry then take a tour.
3. I do not plan to stay with P-Res even if I am not able to go to RMC or Afghanistan, I will be transfering to Regular Force, prefering Infantry trade. At that point, I believe that I will have to do other training with Reg Force Infantry. I don't think it is any bad for me having experience with a different trade then decide later.
I know for sure that if the process takes longer than one year (Doesn't matter what trade at this point), I am going to forget about P-Res because I don't think waiting helps anyone. (may be annoy some members at Army.ca and recruiters at CFRC's but nothing benificial)

::)

We are not out of Afghanistan yet. No decision has been made about our future role in Afghanistan yet.

And believe it or not, there will be life in the CF after Afghanistan. More tours, more bullets, more bloodshed.

::) I guess I can compare myself as the fresh meat Lieutenant just out of West Point in Band of Brothers. Wishing to have combat experience but just has the worst timing. (If you don't know who I'm talking about, he is an Lt in the movie Band of Brothers who shows up at the end of the movie (and near the end of the war) and says he graduated from West Point on D-Day.)

chris06 said:
He had the idea that every year GE would rank all it’s employees and let the bottom 10% go.   It was a way of ensuring that your best people worked with the best and to continue to add new blood to the organization.  I would be very interested to see the results of something like that with the army.  I’m not talking about a CF wide policy, just a 2 or 3-year trail within one Pres unit.  I wonder what would happen to attendance, morale, IBTS scores, PT scores, etc. 

It’s very disheartening to think that because of people not releasing properly or us not helping them out the door quicker slows up the system for new men and women who really want to be there.

Interesting concept that will never fly.

Why? What if the bottom 10% at whichever Unit are still better performers than the TOP 10% at another Unit?? Do you let them go anyway? Do you then still retain the top 10 "cream" at the other Unit even though they are worse performers than the bottom 10% at the other Unit? Now... that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Rankings like this mean diddly squat in the grand scheme of things -- and I can just imagine the actual DECREASE in morale that would be the result of such a move.

Kind of like the annual ranking of the top 10% or top 10 persons within a Unit at PER time. A couple of years ago I said ... "Why rank them from 1 to 10 just because we can if they are not "outstanding" soldiers? Do they, being average really deserve a ranking that places them amongst the cream just because we can?"

If the guy's a bottom feeder who's consuming precious oxygen better saved for the rest of the troops, and is a bag of shit -- one does not need to have him ranked in the bottom 10 to get rid of him.

Greenrubberduckie said:
::) I guess I can compare myself as the fresh meat Lieutenant just out of West Point in Band of Brothers. Wishing to have combat experience but just has the worst timing. (If you don't know who I'm talking about, he is an Lt in the movie Band of Brothers who shows up at the end of the movie (and near the end of the war) and says he graduated from West Point on D-Day.)

This aint no f'ing movie kid......

But hey, you have it all figured out so have at 'er.

:( yes I know, I ain't a 2 year old baby who compares himself to a character from a movie, I just found out that is may be the easiest way to decribe myself without writing an essay.

I'm with CDN Aviator on this one, There was life before Afghanistan, there will be life after, the world has changed and finding fights is no problem anymore, our enemy is not just the Taliban its Terrorism. Do not for the love of god let the current ops forge your decisions on joining the military. And just a heads up Afghanistan is not our only mission

OP ATHENA - Afghanistan
OP ARCHER - Afghanistan
OP ARGUS - Afghanistan
OP FOUNDATION - Tampa, Florida / Bahrain
OP BRONZE - Bosnia-Herzegovina
OP HAMLET - Haiti
OP ALTAIR - Maritime Mission ISO ops Athena, Archer, Argus - Arabian Sea
OP GLADIUS - Golan Heights (not quite closed out yet)
OP CALUMET - Sinai
OP JADE - Jerusalem
OP PROTEUS - Jerusalem
OP SNOWGOOSE - Cyprus
OP SEXTANT - Standing NATO Maritime Group 1
OP CROCODILE - Democratic Republic of the Congo
OP SAFARI - United Nations Mission in Sudan (UNMIS)
OP AUGURAL - Darfur: Western Sudan (African Union)
OP SCULPTURE - Sierra Leone
http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/operations/current_ops_e.asp

I highly suggest you do some research before you make half cocked decisions.

Greenrubberduckie said:
::) I guess I can compare myself as the fresh meat Lieutenant just out of West Point in Band of Brothers. Wishing to have combat experience but just has the worst timing.

You are just kidding aren't you?

If not, you won't make it past the psych screening.

Believe me, its nothing to wish for, no real soldier prays for war.

i don't pray for war, I pray for combat experience, doesn't necessarily going to war, having a view of what it is from first person view, not third person view.

How do you propose to get the one without the other?  COMBAT happens in WARS, and sometimes not all of them ours, but war nonetheless.

Greenrubberduckie said:
i don't pray for war, I pray for combat experience, doesn't necessarily going to war, having a view of what it is from first person view, not third person view.

I thought war was combat experience, but who am I.

Sorry.

The reason that i want this 'combat exeperience' is because I know two people who are related to me. One of them fought in a war, one of them, because of the war escaped to Japan. The one escaped likes talking about the War, he in the other word was cocky about it. I know that I do not want to be someone like him. Since I know that there is no war at all in this world, I would like to take a look what the hell it is myself. Of course the one who went to war hates to even talk about the army, weapons, etc neither do i want to bother him asking.

Greenrubberduckie said:
The reason that i want this 'combat exeperience' is because I know two people who are related to me. One of them fought in a war, one of them, because of the war escaped to Japan. The one escaped likes talking about the War, he in the other word was cocky about it. I know that I do not want to be someone like him. Since I know that there is no war at all in this world, I would like to take a look what the hell it is myself. Of course the one who went to war hates to even talk about the army, weapons, etc neither do i want to bother him asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back