• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone who could help please read and help me out at this situation.

• Thread starter Thread starter Red-Water.06
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
now that's very similar with what I'm planning? In fact, it is more like a man using his hands to dig a hole?

You are joining for the wrong reasons.

You won't make it thru the firewall to the poinrty end, and thats including your training, should you past the psychs, but they are a good judge of character.

There is no glory in death, dying or killing, but again who am I.

I think you are about to get piled on PDQ,  :warstory:

Wes

Greenrubberduckie said:
now that's very similar with what I'm planning? In fact, it is more like a man using his hands to dig a hole?

Missed my point eh ?

Good for you

Yes I get what your point is, I know I don't need to get the combat experience to know what it is, instead I can read a book, etc. I still prefer myself. Yes I do want this combat experience but I never said it is the only reason that I'm joining the forces for. I dont think I ever said there's glory of killing, dying, suffering or having a combat experience. I only said I want it because I want to know what it is without having the story told by someone else. To let you know that I'm not some kind of idiot who thinks 'war is good peace is bad'. I will present another reason that I'm willing to join the forces. Another reason is because I wish to help people. I know for sure that there are probably some people who support "terrorists" in Afghanistan and some the opposite. It seems to me that the Afghani government wants stop them. I woulld like to help Afghanistan in chaos back to its feet and let it stand as well as having the 'combat experience'

I forgot to add, I don't think there's anything wrong with helping others by sacrificing my time, possibly my life adn during that as well as taking a part of history, and its view whil it's live.

Greenrubberduckie said:
Yes I get what your point is, I know I don't need to get the combat experience know what it is, instead I can read a book, etc. I still prefer myself. Yes I do want this combat experience but I never said it is the only reason that I'm joining the forces for. I dont think I ever said there's glory of killing, dying, suffering or having a combat experience. I only said I want it because I want to know what it is without having the story told by someone else. To let you know that I'm not some kind of idiot who thinks 'war is good peace is bad'. I will present another reason that I'm willing to join the forces. Another reason is because I wish to help people. I know for sure that there are probably some people who support "terrorists" in Afghanistan and some the opposite. It seems to me that the Afghani government wants stop them. I woulld like to help Afghanistan in chaos back to its feet and let it stand as well as having the 'combat experience'

Quite frankly i feel that anyone who prays for 'combat experience' is on drugs!

Usually those that do get thru (and if they fall thru the cracks and make it there) usually end up getting someone else killed and maybe even themselves.

But yet again who am I.

I dont believe I've used my hands to dig even a shelter scrape, maybe to plant something in my garden, me thinks someone has seen band of brothers and heartbreak ridge a few too many times

....and digging himself a hole in this thread......

But my picture was not clear enough for him

It was symbollic, Shovel= tool Man= Me, Man using Shovel = Man using a tool to accomplish something, Man using hands = Man using absolutely nothing but himself to accomplish something. Man using his hands= A man whom like me has to do something himself such as getting to know what the hell the combat is like instead of reading a book(Using a tool) to know what it is.

Wesley  Down Under said:
Quite frankly i feel that anyone who prays for 'combat experience' is on drugs!

Believe me, its nothing to wish for, no real soldier prays for war

Usually those that do get thru (and if they fall thru the cracks and make it there) usually end up getting someone else killed and maybe even themselves.

But yet again who am I.

I don't pray for war, I pray for combat experience
Yes So do I think they are on drugs. Also yes, I did use the word 'Pray' because I was regarding to your message and I didn't want to make complications.

Greenrubberduckie said:
It was symbollic, Shovel= tool Man= Me, Man using Shovel = Man using a tool to accomplish something, Man using hands = Man using absolutely nothing but himself to accomplish something. Man using his hands= A man whom like me has to do something himself such as getting to know what the hell the combat is like instead of reading a book(Using a tool) to know what it is.
Yes So do I think they are on drugs. Also yes, I did use the word 'Pray' because I was regarding to your message and I didn't want to make complications.

It was man using shovel as you are digging your own grave on here, digging deeper and faster.

Its your integrity on here, not ours, or mine.

Is english your first language?

Greenrubberduckie said:

Wow...did you ever miss my point  :o

By the Lord Harry, please lock this farting contest of a thread up, and throw the key down a very deep hole.

oh look he upgraded to a back-ho, listen jr lots of folks here have tried to steer you in the right direction. Do yourself a favour, suck back, relax, READ ALOT and make an informed decision about what you want to do, there are tons of resources on this site and other, try a google search. Otherwise you're just snowballing a P#$%%ing contest that will quickly lose productivity and value and get locked down. And trust me in my early days on the site I was a PIA also. the suck back and reload works.

ArtyNewbie said:
I dont believe I've used my hands to dig even a shelter scrape, maybe to plant something in my garden, me thinks someone has seen band of brothers and heartbreak ridge a few too many times
Don't worry, I now see the point but I was making my point to Arty.

I asked for some advice, then what the heck, people drove me into some psycho who prays for combat experience and thinks there is glory in dying or killing, and an Idiot (I admit this one because I didn't see Aviator's point earlier) I was just defending myself from all that. I still would like any advice that will not make my waiting longer for the entry.

Please, I implore you, in the name of whatever deity you hold holy,  STOP POSTING AND START LISTENING.  Know why you have twice as many ears and eyes as you do mouths?  Think on it for a second, put down the shovel, and kick it over to me, and you won't be hurt.  Set aside the adolescent chest thumping for a while, for your own sake.

Greenrubberduckie said:
I asked for some advice, then what the heck, people drove me into some psycho who prays for combat experience and thinks there is glory in dying, killing, and an Idiot (I admit this one because I didn't see Aviator's point earlier) I was just defending myself from all that.

Your words, we did not write them, and I don't think your a raving nut case, just not tuned in to the reality of war, and the reprocussions it carries on us, who come home.

As much as I am glad I did my bit 'over there', and I would do it all again, if it makes sense, I would not want to relive it. I will sum up by saying I now know why my Uncle Ronnie was never sober from 1946 to 1994.

If you want to live and relive blood, vomit, shit and guts, loud noise, confusion, mayhem, adrenaline and yes fear, feel free to give it a go.

Regards,

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
Yes, this is going nowhere fast, time to lock it up :)

Yep, it certainly is.

Locked with usual caveats applied.

Greenrubberduckie - This board is populated by members (veterans) who have been there, done that MANY times...either in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq etc.
                              We are even graced by WW2 and Korea vets as well.
                              Heed their advice and read. Get used to how things operate here before hitting the post button.

The Army.ca Staff

Unlocked as per request.

The Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back