• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Nikki Haley has always been my choice for POTUS.
My major criticism of her has been until last night she was going along with the Trump Train, and refusing to come out as an independent (from Trump) candidate. I think she did a great job last night of showing that she could be a capable Republican candidate -- so far she and Christie are the only ones I would vote for.

Meanwhile Vivek Ramaswamy should have convinced everyone he's a certified loon even before the Debate, but went on and jumped in his hole and kept digging, oh and a bit of a crook too...

Nikki Haley actually took multiple shots at Trump on the debate too. Both on his economic record and the fact he’s despised.

She also came out swinging in defense of Ukraine
Wow, she really knew how to take that.

Her very first sentence was perfect. And then she just stacks those excellent single-liners.

"A win for Russia is a win for China."

"Ukraine is the first line of defense for us."

"This guy is a murderer and you are choosing a murderer over a pro-American country."

Pro-American country I think is a phrase which resonates very well. Audience seemed thrilled. Swampy 'Swamy came out looking a bit kooky.

Wow, she really knew how to take that.

Her very first sentence was perfect. And then she just stacks those excellent single-liners.

"A win for Russia is a win for China."

"Ukraine is the first line of defense for us."

"This guy is a murderer and you are choosing a murderer over a pro-American country."

Pro-American country I think is a phrase which resonates very well. Audience seemed thrilled. Swampy 'Swamy came out looking a bit kooky.
Between her, Mike Pence, and Chris Christie, I think they clobbered DeSantis, and Trump.
Swamy just looked like a deranged boob.

Honestly reading some of the commentary in the newspapers, I get the distinct idea that I watched a different debate than they did.
Probably the best take so far I have seen, and I don't agree with all of it.
I think three main points of agreement are however;
1) Fox "Moderators" where/are terrible.
2) The GOP as a whole came off poorly.
3) Ever Candidate agreed with Mike Pence's actions on 6 Jan... Which is remarkable given the heat the former VP has taken.

Those opposed to Republicans are tending to go with "Haley OK, De Santis poor, Trump whipping boy".

Those favouring Republicans are tending to go with "Haley good, De Santis adequate, Trump whipping boy".

Democrats telegraphed months ago that their chief worry is De Santis, to the point that people started writing "De Santis is worse than Trump" articles. Lately the message has been "poor campaign". That propaganda has been at least partly successful.

Not becoming a target is always a win for any person in a multi-candidate debate. Everyone except Ramaswamy seems to have "won" that one. Hardly surprising, since the "concensus" for the past couple of weeks was - for whatever reasons - that Ramaswamy was "moving up". The perceived front-runners always draw the fire, even if the perception is mistaken.

Most of them are just auditioning for VP anyways.

She actually did a good job last night at the debate.
Depends which Nikki comes out. Usually the day after she displays strength and independence, she flies down to Mar-a-Lago to kiss the ring.

She still raised her hand when asked who would support a convicted criminal for POTUS. 🤦‍♂️

Time is giving Trump and Carlson a low end 80 million viewers while others have it around 150 million viewers. Fox so far hasn't released numbers yet, but I think it'll be much less than Trump’s.

Time is giving Trump and Carlson a low end 80 million viewers while others have it around 150 million viewers. Fox so far hasn't released numbers yet, but I think it'll be much less than Trump’s.

I suspect many watched Putin’s 2 fluffers just to see the train wreck.

What do Putin and DeSantis have in common.

A hankerin' to invade their neighbours apparently.

🔥 ;)

I thought they were already there.... and in most of Central and South America.

7SFG(A) and SOCSouth already does counter narcotics missions as part of FID with Armed Forces of Mexico and Central and South America.
JSOC elements have also been deployed down south.
- I recommend reading ‘Killing Pablo’ for some insights there.

It theoretically isn’t anything new, but it’s been in conjunction with foreign governments. DeSantis appears to be pushing a less aligned solo approach which really isn’t possible without support from the House and Senate, and would die on the floor of the Senate.
All it shows in the above that DeSantis is 1) naive in foreign policy 2) out for headlines.

Of the bunch of choices on offer I would be picking Haley. Governor, UN Ambassador and, like Margaret Thatcher, a shopkeeper's daughter. I have a thing for shopkeepers.

Haley is the perfect candidate.

Plus, Republicans have a lot of room to grow in the female demographic, to speak somewhat euphemistically. They'd do well to win the "First female head of government" race, as did other conservatives of the empire. (Thatcher, Campbell).

Back