• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your best 'meeting a celebrity' story......

Wesley H. Allen said:
She had a weakness for Canadian lads  ;)

Cheers,

Wes

Who doesnt?!  ;D :o

Apparently there was an incident downtown where a member of the Unit came within a hairs length of getting into a slugfest with the musician Snow  ;D Although I wasnt there, I just have to add it.  :D

...I saw Peter North driving down Dresden Row about a year ago, in a red Firebird/Firehawk.  I hear he's a Spryfielder...

Jan de Vries gave a speech to my para course a few years ago. Very humble man, always willing to take a picture with you.

sm0ke said:
...I saw Peter North driving down Dresden Row about a year ago, in a red Firebird/Firehawk.  I hear he's a Spryfielder...

;D ;D

Strangely enough, I have 2 seperate incidents, both involving people from This Hour has 22 Minutes, and air travel. First, I once noticed I was on the same flight as Mary Walsh (a pretty small flight, too).

Also, my father once realized he was selling airline tickets to Colin Mochrie.

My girlfriend's uncle is David Mirvish, does that count? He's a really nice guy that I get to see on a regular basis, as he lives just around the corner from my girlfriend. I'll have some more "meet a celebrity" stories for you all, after I go to the  WORLD PREMIER of the Lord of The Rings Musical held at one of his theatres in a few months... providing I get the time off from the CF.

Cheers,
Morgs

I've met a number of celebrities over the years: Henri Richard, Dan Akroyd, Bryan Adams, Rex Murphy, Ted Nolan (remember him, successful coach of Buffalo Sabres, fired after their winningest season ever), Brett Hart, but the most memorable was Wayne Gretzky, not for who he is, but the circumstances.

In the early 90's, while in Ottawa, the LA Kings were attending training camp in Hull (I guess Gatineau now, anyway thats where they trained then).  One friday night I was having a few Don Cherry wobbly pops upstairs at Peppers on Elgin, when a large entourage moved onto the end of the bar about 5 feet from me, Gretzky and McSorley were the centre-pieces.

Every Tom, Dick, and Jane was lining up for autographes, which was hilarious since they were all three sheets to the wind.  I sat there for about an hour, drinking a few more, when the bodyguard next me started shooting the s**t with me.  He liked the fact that I wasn't hounding them for an autograph.  Told him I couldn't care less about what someone did for a living, besides, you don't go to a bar to sign autographes..... Next thing I know, I'm having a beer with the "Great One".  Really a nice guy.

Cheers  :cdn:

When I got married in July in Nova Scotia we were all out for my stag party, i was pretty hammered but who walks in to the bar? Randy from trailer park boys!! LOL, I asked him all sorts of dumb drunken questions and we got him to sign our shirts, for mine he said "Geoff, stop getting drunk in the playground. - Pat Roack AKA "Randy". We invited him to the wedding and he said he had plans otherwise he would have come (yeah right) anyways he said that Ricky is the brains behind the whole show and this year he was finally able to quit his day job.
Part two of my story is after the wedding, we were at the Halifax airport waiting for our plane back to Victoria when who happens to sit right beside me? Rachel Hunter! She was with her sister, her boyfriend Sean Avery (LA Kings, I think) and the love children of her and Rod Stewart. I introduced myself all nervous as hell and talked to her for a few minutes, the funny thing is that before she sat next to me I noticed her in the crowd but didnt realize who she was, just that I knew her as being someone famous, my first thought was Claudia Schiffer for some reason, so I leaned over to my wife and said "I think that is Claudia Schiffer" Right away she was like it is, it is, you are right. She rushed off and bought one of those disposable cameras for 25 bucks while I was talking to Rachel (just found out her name and clued in on who she was at this point) and when she came back I introduced my wife and before I could say "this is Rachel" my wife blurts out "Hi Claudia" I say its Rachel under my breath but it looked soooo bad. my wife told me never to mention that to anyone but I couldnt resist LOL. I expected them all to sit in first class but they were all in coach. That was funny though, my two big celebrity moments all in one trip.

Back