• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whose soldiers are chubby and unfit

OK?  And do you have anything to tell us that we really don't already know?

PS.  Those guys in Tim's would be sweating between their rolls, unless of course they were wearing those padded rubber Sumo Wrestler suits and there playing roles.  But, what the hay?.........We can be disgusted with the lack of education of many members too.    ;D

I like it when new posters come here and get all huffy puffy with their first post ;D

I don't think Luke is coming back anyway. He feels all proud now......

2nd hand scuttlebutt alert:

A pal of mine who's just returned from the sandbox confirms the flabby German soldier thing, and that they are noticebly moreso than our fightin' fit Johnny/Janey Canucks.  :warstory:

He also says they need a shave and a haircut, but then again so do most Euro-trash ;D

daftandbarmy said:
2nd hand scuttlebutt alert:

A pal of mine who's just returned from the sandbox confirms the flabby German soldier thing, and that they are noticebly moreso than our fightin' fit Johnny/Janey Canucks.  :warstory:

He also says they need a shave and a haircut, but then again so do most Euro-trash ;D

Who do you or your Buddy mean when you refer to "Most of the Euro Trash".

FastEddy said:

Who do you or your Buddy mean when you refer to "Most of the Euro Trash".

He, of course, was very respectful of our gallant NATO allies. That was my cheeky add on. I used to 'be' Euro-trash of a sort, but luckily got rid of all my skinny black leather stuff ages ago.

Did I get it right that every one from europe is trash in your eye´s?

ironduke57

ironduke57 said:
Did I get it right that every one from europe is trash in your eye´s?

ironduke57

Only those hot chicks with the hairy armpits in that nightclub in Hannover that turned me down... twice. Geez, what am I, Welsh or soemthing? On the other hand, Kudoes to the ladies in Harstad!  ;)

dangerclose said:
lowest physical standard in the common wealth. I'm disgusted with the Canadian Forces fitness plan.

Based on what source and what test? ...

Remainder deleted by me

Trust No One said:
Based on what source and what test?  Feel free to post your Cooper's Test scores.  From that we should be able to convert to various commonwealth PT tests.

Please don't. This site isn't for testoterone driven Charles Atlas whannabees, strutting the cyber beach, kicking sand in the faces of weak and defenceless internet drones.

The Commonwealth is a very big place.  Far bigger than the UK which outside of slightly better fitness in the (much younger) light infantry is probably not fairing any better on the aggregate fitness scores.  Compare apples to apples or pumpkins to pumpkins I would wager this argument is also taking place in Australia and New Zealand (Though possibly to a lesser extent in NZ due to its largely infantry centric army).

Having worked with several of the developing commonwealth countries I would happily throw a ruck on any soldier in the CF and march and/or shoot with any of them.  More to the point I would rather fight next to any Canadian then the vast majority other militaries.  Commonwealth or otherwise.

The CF may be older and rounder but it is tougher than most.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
He's being sarcastic, read his last post again.
daftandbarmy said:
Only those hot chicks with the hairy armpits in that nightclub in Hannover that turned me down... twice. Geez, what am I, Welsh or soemthing? On the other hand, Kudoes to the ladies in Harstad!  ;)

Ah okay. Was really tired when I read it and it looks like my irony detector was already fallen asleep then.

Regards,
ironduke57

Trust No One said:
The Commonwealth is a very big place.  Far bigger than the UK which outside of slightly better fitness in the (much younger) light infantry is probably not fairing any better on the aggregate fitness scores.  Compare apples to apples or pumpkins to pumpkins I would wager this argument is also taking place in Australia and New Zealand (Though possibly to a lesser extent in NZ due to its largely infantry centric army).

Having worked with several of the developing commonwealth countries I would happily throw a ruck on any soldier in the CF and march and/or shoot with any of them.  More to the point I would rather fight next to any Canadian then the vast majority other militaries.  Commonwealth or otherwise.

The CF may be older and rounder but it is tougher than most.

I have to agree.

We entered a team of reservists in the Cambrian Patrol competition last year and they scored a bronze which, for me, says alot about how well prepared we are to participate in physically challenging events like this at short notice.

This wasn't a a hand picked team and we had to go pretty much with who was available, so most of them were more junior than we would have liked. They only had a 3 month workup period - part time - prior to the competition. We only lost two in training: one due to fitness/motivation, another from injury. On the competition, the DS commented on the weight of the rucksacks our guys were carrying, up to 90 lbs in most cases, which we attributed to limited experience in LRRP tasks as well as an inability to access some of the 'gucci' lightweight gear that's available these days e.g., they were carrying the mega-ICE combat jacket/trousers. They all found it a tough go, but did well nonetheless.

This suggests to me that the current BFT requirement is suitable for preparing the majority of infantry to ramp up relatively quickly to a higher standard of battle fitness as required. It also suggests that Canada is producing some pretty tough young folks these days....

Back