• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who is all waiting for selection board results?

• Thread starter Thread starter Maverick
  • Start date Start date
I got the call as well, for infantry reg force with rcr. I'll be leaving on train from kitchener ontario oct 31st to st jean Quebec!!  HORRAY lol finally, I can't wait to start, I am very happy about this haha. I start my bmq nov 2nd, so I guess I'll be with you guys as well....we need some sort of meeting system...hmm....ill be the dude wearin a top hat with a giant feather in it and wearing a fur coat.. jk..its an idea  :dontpanic:
cant wait!!!!!

Has anyone been called/hired for RESERVE Infantry???

I haven't been called yet but the recruiter said sometimes Reserve comes AFTER Reg force (no Duh!)...

*Hoping*

:'(

waaaaaaaaaaahhahaaaaa  :crybaby: dammit, dammit all to hell  >:D ....hhahahaa congrats all looks im gonna be here till may of next year if things dont go smoothly and most prolly they wont :'(

Enjoy  yourselves  work hard play harder never quit ...coz im not quitting yet, so i'll see ya'll when I get there. :(

If anyone thinks of quitting :threat:, think that para coulda used your spot if ya quit, so make the best of it ...make me proud  ;D

Proud of you guys already.

Work hard and enjoy it You deserve it. :salute:

proud of ya man. way to stick it!
take it as a vacation to think and work at it.

i will definately keep in touch man!

has there been any word on selection for Oct. like a date to expect them to meet? Just hope i make it in this year!! I'm going REG. 215 but I'm still waiting on my medical so I can be added to the merit list... 1month 2weeks since it was sent... I call the recruiter every week...

The last board for Reg F NCM's has taken place and offers have been coming out.  The boards are still once every 6 weeks so if you did not get an offer this time, you may get selected in November.

The board for Reg F Officers will be held in the next couple of weeks.  This board will not be for all trades so you may want to contact your recruiting centre to see when the board for your trade is being held.

Just a reminder.  The Primary Reserve does not have national boards so none of the above applies.

thanks for the info about the next board meet, My friend also applying has to wait to next year for Inf. but I was told Sig NCM is still open..... Any Info on an exact date for that meeting? (must make weekly call to recruiting office and Medical)

I've waited for 1 year and two months and kept calling every other day to go in as a signal operator (215)
One day last week i called and they said we don't know, you'll just have to wait. I think they got tired of me calling and a couple of hours later they told me that I'm going into sigops next sunday. now of course i agreed to the terms and said yes because I've waited long enough. But when i first sign up i was told because of my background i was going to get in no more then a few months.  Everytime i would call i would be told this, that i was going in, in another month or so.  then about 5-6 months ago i was told i was selected, so i did the obvious thing and quit my job and worked out full time until about two months ago when i got discourage again almost giving up on the army life.  Which brings me up till today, I'm leaving in a few. but just got the call last week.  They told me no matter what you are going to get in, but it might take a while. That is true. I think i only got in by fluke anyway, my friends that sign up with me at the same time are still waiting though, they had also taken the same trade and has the same background as far as college and jobs go. I would just like to say never give up the time will come.

sigops said:
I've waited for 1 year and two months and kept calling every other day to go in as a signal operator (215)
One day last week i called and they said we don't know, you'll just have to wait. I think they got tired of me calling and a couple of hours later they told me that I'm going into sigops next sunday.

Out of curiousity, what CFRC were you dealing with sigops?

I am still waiting for my call for 043. I hate it so much how they just leave us out of the loop.

Ok after reading these 2 topics it is now my understanding that offers are only given twice a year?  I just missed the october one.  So this means I will be waiting till next year?

I just spoke with CFRC, and have received notice that i am to attend the Navy selection board on the west coast. I asked them if I wasn't able to attend or wanted to wait for my Army selection board which meets later than the Navy, could I do this? I was told that if I choose not to attend the Navy selection board, my file would be placed on hold for six months, thereby eliminating any chance of being selected for Infantry or Armour, which i choose ahead of the Navy. ???

hammerz said:
I just spoke with CFRC, and have received notice that i am to attend the Navy selection board on the west coast. I asked them if I wasn't able to attend or wanted to wait for my Army selection board which meets later than the Navy, could I do this? I was told that if I choose not to attend the Navy selection board, my file would be placed on hold for six months, thereby eliminating any chance of being selected for Infantry or Armour, which i choose ahead of the Navy. ???

Thats BS man, I'm sorry to hear this.  They obviously want to fill Navy positions at the moment, crappy they are pressuring you into it.

I just called the CFRC Sydney, where my app is being processed, and was told I will be merit listed this week, as soon as the paper file gets in the hands of the Lt. I asked what happens next, and they said the selection board is sitting on Nov. 5th, and I may or may not get a call soon there after for a job offer. I selected infantry as my 1st choice.

Hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Well folks, some good news! I was told today I am merit listed so to speak and they are just waiting for the next swear-in/newbie date for my intended unit (Lincoln and Welland Reserve Regiment) which is in beginning of Jan most likely. Told me he'd email me the exact date and/or as close to it for a timeframe as he could, then just wait for the offer of employment call!!!

Good luck to you all in the next while

Joe
Relived+Excited+Ready to Go!
>:D

I got merit listed today so what selection board should i expect to get on? Approx. How long or when do you think i will be Hired?? I chose Reg 031

As far as I can tell and know, being "merit listed" means you've already been through a selection board and now they're just waiting for the next swear-in. I have no real clue when that would be for Reg Force but I keep being told by the recruiter I'm talking to (A Capt in Hamilton RC) that the date for reserve R031 is January.

Good luck!

My husband just completed his medical, interview and CFAT on Oct.27 in London, his PT is on Nov. 12 and he was told that he will be up for the army selection board on January 5. They also informed him that there is a selection board meeting on Nov. 5.  He is going in as 411-Vehicle Tech (skilled). Hope this helps someone.

Recruit Joe said:
As far as I can tell and know, being "merit listed" means you've already been through a selection board and now they're just waiting for the next swear-in. I have no real clue when that would be for Reg Force but I keep being told by the recruiter I'm talking to (A Capt in Hamilton RC) that the date for reserve R031 is January.

Good luck!

I believe merit listed means your application was approved, and now you are listed in the military's job bank, and every 6 weeks, there is a selection board that sits, and they get X amount of positions they must fill, and they take people from the job bank.

I was merit listed this week and I asked my CFRC whats next, they said I have to wait for the next selection board to see if I get picked then. If I don't, I have to wait till the next one, and so on and so forth. I chose 031.

Back