• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where to buy Under Armour T-shirts??

Reaction score
Need a little help, hope I can find it here.

Anyone know where I can find green/brown loose fit Under Armour T-shirts in Edmonton?  Loved mine from last tour (bought in KAF), need new ones.

Cheers
FDL :cdn:

I'm not from Edmonton, but I'm sure most Army Surplus stores would supply them.

Lightfighter is running a discount -- www.lightfighter.com

Have you tried the UA website?

I know that Sport Check carries the line, but not of loose fit OD or Tan.

Seems it's a theater thing that the PX gets for the guys perhapse?

Regards

FDL -- the PX here has a bunch -- you cant go out of the wire with it anymore so they are discounted.

What size and how many -- I can pick some up and drop them at the Base when I visit EOM.

Infidel-6 said:
FDL -- the PX here has a bunch -- you cant go out of the wire with it anymore so they are discounted.

What size and how many -- I can pick some up and drop them at the Base when I visit EOM.

Why not?

I belive it's because the UA shirts are not 100% cotton, so if you're in an explosion / burning gas situation, it melts and fuses to your body, instead of turning into ash like the issue shirts would.  Much more severe burns.

Thus, the Americans are cracking down on non-issue kit, as it may result in more serious injuries.

5.11 t-shirts are superior to UA IMHO, give them a try.

Good place to try is ebay. I've never had the need to buy anything in OD/camo, but I've bought several coloured pieces from sellers. There were some great deals. Try the link:
http://clothing.search.ebay.ca/under-armour_Shirts_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR41QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ15669

Also try searching for tactical under armour. Hope this helps.

COBRA-6 said:
5.11 t-shirts are superior to UA IMHO, give them a try.

DITTO -- I run them exclusively -- they are alledgedly flame resistant (althought BigRed tested it and says -- Nope...)

I will admit I started runnign them when I thought they where flame resistant -- and I like the cooling ability -- the shirt our company provided is flameable enough I figure I will be a a human torch anyway...

Keld actually donated his to burn, being the ultimate kit slut he is.  5.11 poly/cotton mix clothing melts like a plastic garbage bag.

Mixed feelings on UA/ 5.11 underwear. For light infantry & DA shit I'd say go for it. For PSD and convoy where you are just waiting to get IED'd, I prefer the comfort of knowing my clothes won't melt to my skin.

BTW, guess what arrived at the Embassy today...starts with a SHORT and ends with a DOT.  Even survived 5 effective mortar impacts ;D The  Larue 1.93 is already here, just waiting on that Recce upper... 

I predict that UA, 5.11 etc will quickly field nomex/flame-resistant clothing now that their products are verboten outside the wire...

This is an example...

I have bought a few t-shirts and compression shorts on e-bay (new with tags / in bags) for almost 1/2 the price in most stores.  Just need to have some time and patiently wait until what you need is available.  Quite worth it...

As aircrew, I have been told since the beginning that the only thing that prevent you from burning to a crisp is double layer with a cotton base.  I had a look at the Nomex Tee suggested above and it seems quite interesting.  However, at $60 US a pop, I hardly doubt that I will go buy a dozen anytime soon...

Bought some 95% cotton 5% spandex T shirts at Mark's Work Warehouse. They wick and should be flash resistant (more than a nylon T anyway). Supposedly, they won't get stinky either ::). Quick Fx...Local purchase.

Starlight,

Any model #?  (sorry to hijack the thread... on a different note, got a long sleeve UA tee-shirt on e-bay, new with tag, for US$12 last week...) 

Laps said:
Starlight,

Any model #?  (sorry to hijack the thread... on a different note, got a long sleeve UA tee-shirt on e-bay, new with tag, for US$12 last week...) 

The material is called NANOTEX......ask a mall drone at the store for assistance.

starlight_cdn said:
The material is called NANOTEX......ask a mall drone at the store for assistance.

Checked the Mark's here in SSM and all they he in NANOTEX was polos.  Is there a model # I should be looking for??

Speaking of "melting-resistant" tees, I bumped across another kind of teeshirts they claim is fire resistant and also comfortable (moisture wicking, breathable, anti-microbial...).  The company is called XGO and I have found some of their stuff at: http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1151&HS=1 .  The prices seem better than other style tees I have seemed.  Anyone heard anything about these???  Good, bad?  We're at a point where we are paying $20 for a Sqn "issued" tee made of 100% cotton; I would not mind paying twice that for better quality stuff...

dapaterson said:
I belive it's because the UA shirts are not 100% cotton, so if you're in an explosion / burning gas situation, it melts and fuses to your body, instead of turning into ash like the issue shirts would.  Much more severe burns.

Thus, the Americans are cracking down on non-issue kit, as it may result in more serious injuries.

A catch 22...while the synthetic materials are much better for enduring field conditions, they pose a hazard to those riding in armoured vehicles...  In outdoors circles, cotton is also known as "death fabric" because once wet, it stays wet and has no insulation.  However, wearing cotton could save your live if you're in a hot situation inside a LAV.

Back