• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Being on summer leave then getting tagged for the Capital Ex Parade:

Over the phone

Supervisor: so it's at this time and place in 3B
Me: Ok, 3B, got it.
Supervisor: So that's your beret,
Me:uh huh
Supervisor: Short sleeved shirt with slip ons, collar dogs, ribbons and name tag
Me(getting impatient): Uh huh
Supervisor:Trousers with issued belt, not a civilian one, prefferably with trade insignia on it
Me(rolling eyes): uh huh
Supervisor: And boots polished ofcourse
Me: So....3B
Supervisor: Right. have a good day
*click*
Me:*sigh*

I may be a lone bone, but I did do BMQ and I did learn orders of dress in week 3.  ::)

But, you'd be surprised how many people will screw it up.  ::)

yesterday listening to the radio drive-home show on CBC the host was interviewing someone from CBSA about the Cornwall brouhaha:

Host:  "...and will those manning, excuse me , personning , the post be armed?"

"Personning"?  a new high low in PC babble.

Shec said:
yesterday listening to the radio drive-home show on CBC the host was interviewing someone from CBSA about the Cornwall brouhaha:

Not too bright either:

perSONning.

George Wallace said:
.........And (perhaps) someday you'll be that supervisor.    :nod:

Ah... very true. I'll learn to play the same game when I get there I take it ?  ;D

Shec said:

FFS.  Just where will this PC crap stop? 

From Dictionary.com

manned, man·ning, mans

1. To supply with men, as for defense or service: man a ship.
2. To take stations at, as to defend or operate: manned the guns.
3. To fortify or brace: manned himself for the battle ahead.

I agree with EITS, do we have to rewrite the whole English language??  ???  >:(

"We're here for your pre-pack."

Yeah, rii-iiight.

Where the hell is my toothbrush and my towel!!?? (I already ripped open your boxes tonight until I found my damn cadpat, combat boots and beret!)  >:(

George Wallace said:
Not too bright either:

perSONning.

Typical male PC el toro poo poo (that's bullshit for us un-PC types).

MENopause;
MENstruation;
MENtal illness;

etc
etc
etc

;)

ArmyVern said:
(I already ripped open your boxes tonight until I found my damn cadpat, combat boots and beret!)  >:(

You could just dress like your avatar pic...  :nod:

Journeyman said:
You could just dress like your avatar pic...  :nod:

If I were to do that - I'd have to go back and unpack more boxes until I found the underwear. The chaps were in the jeep; they are safe.

Sigh.

I just don't know what's so difficult to grasp with the following:

"Don't touch ANYTHING in this room - it's going with me." <--- silly me, I actually though they understood that.

ArmyVern said:
Typical male PC el toro poo poo (that's bullshit for us un-PC types).

MENopause;
MENstruation;
MENtal illness;

etc
etc
etc

;)

Years ago, while waiting at a bus stop with my then 12 year old daughter, the acronym PMS came up. She just smirked, and stated that she knew what that was......me being me said "Oh yeah....what"

Putting up with men's shit....... ;D

ArmyVern said:
If I were to do that - I'd have to go back and unpack more boxes until I found the underwear. The chaps were in the jeep; they are safe.

Sigh.

I just don't know what's so difficult to grasp with the following:

"Don't touch ANYTHING in this room - it's going with me." <--- silly me, I actually though they understood that.

Aahhhh, the joys of moving, packers and dealing with more stupid people...enjoy the new place 8)

tango22a said:
NL_Engineer:

I see you have a raging infestation of the dreaded Kitosaurus Rex... Still trying to fight the Battle of Waterloo...Today!! Have you considered calling in PEST CONTROL? You have to remember that micro-management of troops is the be all and end all of their existence. Just think...you could go into battle with a Brown Bess rather than what you normally carry.

tango22a

Well the problem is too big for "pest control' to handle.  The infestation has already taken hold, and dosen't seem to respond to the "chemicals". 

You would think after 7 years this problem would be dead, and not come back every 6 months  ::)

NL_engineer:

I'm willing to bet the MWO in question prefers to wear Patrol Dress....'cause his circumcision scars don't show.

Cheers,

tango22a

P.S.: Sorry never been a big fan of mis-placed authority! ( In other words he may have the rank,,,but he ain't got the "SMARTS" to go with it!) It's really surprising that a large dose of " COMMON SENSE " isn't issued at each step up the rank ladder!

Army Vern:

Is there a NATO Stock Number for " COMMON SENSE" to be issued at each step up the rank ladder?

I'm Hoping!

tango22a

tango22a said:
Is there a NATO Stock Number for " COMMON SENSE" to be issued at each step up the rank ladder?

tango22a

This was discussed (on a tangent) in the New Rucksack thread.

I have a question:  Why is it called common sense when it isn't so common?
I just call it sense and sometimes rare sense.  ;)

tango22a said:
Army Vern:

I'm Hoping!

tango22a

I've researched this topic extensively. I cannot find a NATO stock number for Sense, Common C1 either.

It's a very rare commodity. If you have it, hang on to it!
It's frustrating isn't it? ;D

Back