• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

???

Kincanucks, I read that 3 times and didn't understand it but...I think my eyes are crossed now.  ;D

kincanucks said:
So what if my father and grandmother(fathers side) both have varicose veins from work?
Would they see that potential even tho it has been deemed non hereditary but a work related issue?

Yeah, how many ways can we say:

"Thank you for your personal medical question, since I am not a doctor, and nor do I play one on the internet, PLEASE ASK THE RECRUITING MEDICAL STAFF!"

On 93.9, BOB FM (Ottawa) this morning: 

Grade 5 kids don't get homework unless they are unable finish their work in class.

Is this another way we are preparing our kids for the future?  ::)

.... President Karzai wanting to know when the international troops plan on leaving !!!

Hey - if he doesn't want us there - we'd be ready to leave next week ... but is that what he really wants ???

Giving a debrief after a task...

Me: "So how do you think you did?"
Soldier: "I think I did fair"
Me: "Did you complete your task?"
Soldier: "No"
Me: "So you failed"
Solider: "Yes"
Soldier: " I think I did the best I could..."

Moral: When asked how you did and you say "Fair" then re asked after it being pointed out that you failed to accomplish your task...Do not answer You still did a good job or even the best you could...

BulletMagnet said:
Giving a debrief after a task...

Soldier: "I think I did fair"
Me: "Did you complete your task?"
Soldier: "No"
Me: "So you failed"
Solider: "Yes"
Me: So how do you think you did?"
Soldier: " I think I did the best I could..."

Moral: When asked how you did and you say "Fair" then re asked after it being pointed out that you failed to accomplish your task...Do not answer You still did a good job or even the best you could...

Then his best is none too good!!

Product once more of the modern generation...

But.. But... It's My Best!

Overheard in restaurant:
Customer: "It was something japanese I think, mig something"
Waiter: "ah the Fill It Mig Non" (asked him how the filet mignon is later, did not know what I was talking about)
C: "thats the one"

I recieved a call from Best Buy today on the update of my laptop which has been in repair again (second time in less than a year). Apparently, under a 3 year total service warranty, all SOFTWARE issues are not actually covered. So thats a $200 repair fee there. Secondly, it would appear as though SHIPPING CHARGES to software related fixes and repairs are also on the bill and not mentioned. Another $40. The amount of stuff I have had to pay considering I spent 150$ on a supposedly top notch warranty, is bordering on criminal. I get were in and economic recession, but if you want to make more money, MAKE THE CUSTOMER WANT TO COME BACK..... which I will not be doing in the forseeable future.

MedTech don't judge this new generation too harshly. There are literally thousands of young Canadians who strive to do their very best, and succeed. It is true they are products of their times, much as we are, but, with guidance and training, they can over come "it's the best I can do" attitude and change it to "I can do much better" attitude. :cdn:

if you want to make more money, MAKE THE CUSTOMER WANT TO COME BACK..... which I will not be doing in the forseeable future.

In other news, Best Buy is in receivership in the US.  Not really a surprise.  There are MULTITUDES of web sites dedicated to how much they suck.  Looked a lot like handwriting on the wall to me....

Natalie Portman turned down the role of an emotionally conflicted nun in new movie 'Doubt' because she "didn't understand celibacy", says director John Patrick Shanley.

Article Link

Ummm, isn't that why it's called acting?   ::)

Seriously, isn't this girl studying pshychology at Harvard?

She's also more comfortable as a method actor... Meaning, she would not be comfortable being celibate.

;D

I dream of Natalie

"So why do your friends call you Fingers?  Does it have something to do with your fingers?"
"Yes."

As I have only been awake for 45 minutes, the radio is all I've heard thus far...    ;)

OldSolduer said:
She's cute. That is all that counts.

We're going to have to get you little tiny reins for those rampant hormones of yours...... ;D

Back