• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do you carry?

It's a SNL skit - effing hilarious.  Danjanou talking about having to put his pants on made me think of Christopher Walken's skit.

I gotta have more cowbell!

Danjanou said:
... his old and original issued 64 pattern webbing. ...

Geez - must be nice to have friends in high places ... or QM stores - I only got issued the 52 pattern (had to buy my 64 pattern at Honest John's ...)

Now my "webbing" consists of a duffle bag (with those luxurious/ergonomic shoulder straps ...) after they made me turn in my webbing in order to get a TV ... and then repo'd the TV but kinda forgot that they'd made me turn in my webbing ... hmmm ...

I saw a girl downtown last night....She was wearing a shirt that said "More Cowbell"...it was beautiful

bossi said:
Geez - must be nice to have friends in high places ... or QM stores - I only got issued the 52 pattern (had to buy my 64 pattern at Honest John's ...)

Now my "webbing" consists of a duffle bag (with those luxurious/ergonomic shoulder straps ...) after they made me turn in my webbing in order to get a TV ... and then repo'd the TV but kinda forgot that they'd made me turn in my webbing ... hmmm ...

Mine's been sitting in the garage for the last year or so, they wouldn't take it back when they issued the TV.  You're more then welcome to borrow it if you really need it :)

48Highlander said:
Mine's been sitting in the garage for the last year or so, they wouldn't take it back when they issued the TV.   You're more then welcome to borrow it if you really need it :)

Danjanou says Bossi can borrow his. Danjanou like Bossi. Danjanou have the 1958 stuff somewhere in a box marked "army junk" in closet. Army not want it back when Danjanou retire. Sapper Earl in QM say stone tablet that issue written on broken so no record. ;D

Danjanou.......
Problem with the TV issue is that it's part of unit stores while the webbing consists of components that are part of the C7 / C9 EIS.
Had to turn in my TV, C7 & C9 pouches when I cleared my unit.... and the Area HQ does not have an entitlement for TV.... so my webbing (and Bossi's) is missing parts...

The clothing stores fella thought he was doing me a favour - issued me one of the original TVs that are designed to hold balistic plates (without the plates)..... so I'm no further ahead.

This why Danjanou happy he no longer serving. Danjanou no like BS of taking apart kit all the time to satisfy binrats. Waste too much gun tape putting it back together again.

Now closest thing Danjanou have to TV, webbing or whatever is fancy nylon camera bag to hold cool overpriced digital camera. Danjanou like camera, Telephoto lens good for scoping out hot bikini beach babes on vacation without Mrs Danjanou catching on.

Danjanou go now. Nurse come in and say time for green jello and Matlock on TV.

Dammit cowboy this third person thing is way too addictive. I'm doing it at work now. Good thing they already think I'm demented. From now on I'm gonna use my dark lord mod powers to go in and correct your posts.  ::)

Geo yeah I remember the whole turn it in BS. Solved that by going back to using my old 58 pattern pouches on the 82 pattern gear. The issue stuff could stay on the shelves and keep the binrats and bean counters happy. The 82 ( after I tweaked it) was better than 64  but the mag pouches C1, C2, and C7 were crap. I modified the old "bren pouches"  with Velcro and fast ex buckles and much better. Mags on top plus room for spare socks, cleaning kit or other snivel kit as needed. Seriously I do have a box with most of my field as opposed to issue keep the RSM happy garrison webbing somewhere unless the domestic niner has tossed it without my knowing.

Infanteer said:
I remember a nekkid butts party once.   >:D   Somebody got it on camera and stuck it on the wall.   The CSM thought it was so funny that he brought the Task Force Engineering guy (some Major) by to check it out.

I think that was the only time I saw him laugh.... :rofl:

I should hope you were still wearing helmets?

Back