• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are the chances an engineer becomes CDS?

aesop081 said:
now thats a picture !!!
The best Dan did I have ever seen was up on Braylorn in the local Community Center,with all the usual civie food as they do for us.

Dan on stage on his lonesome (after the local talent had finnished ) with a table with all his gob irons and his git box,he played for over an hour,the locals really enjoyed it was a great night.

Dan is a Sappers Sapper,as he cares for his men and says what he feels and means it. :salute:

The posn of CDS is given to the officer that is in line for the appointment.  We as Sappers have the RSM of CPC.  The Army RSM, and have had the RSM posn at RMC.  Eventually in time the CDS and CLS will be a Engr Officer.  I have worked with Steve Appleton in the past.  He is right now the only one who comes to mind.  In the Regiment ( and those of you who serving or have served with the Regiment, will know what unit I am speaking of).  Can attest to the fact we have many young Officers who would fit the bill to a tee, if the day ever comes.

Sappers 4 Ever. :cdn:

Col Fred Lewis is a possibility or maybe Col Steve Noonan, so long as they keep the bilingual profile at C-C-C....

Bubbles Up!

doublearr said:
I have worked with Steve Appleton in the past.   He is right now the only one who comes to mind.  

Col Appleton is retiring in the next few weeks.

Dave

That's sad to hear.  A lot of guys in the Regiment hated him, but everyone respected him, and most of the subbies feared him.  The Corps, and the army will be losing a genuine character.  Enjoy retirement, Col Applehuge! :salute:

Mrs. Applehuge lost the battles but won the war. Congrats on retirement.

Was down in Toronto this week and spoke to Col Appleton.  His retirement party will be at LFCAHQ on 11 Mar 05 and will be a low-key event.  He said he is leaving on a high and is not bitter.  He will be moving to Calgary and has accepted a position with ATCO Ltd.

Sapper6

i think the best bet for CDS right now the engineers have is MAJOR-GENERAL MICHEL GAUTHIER right now he is head of military int and he has held senior staff office positions and senior operational positions he was CO of 4CER while i was a Spr there and he seemed like not to bad of an officers as officers go i have also worked under Appleton in 2CER and i don't think they would allow him to be CDS even if he wasn't retiring he is to aggressive for that post and that is why Lewis Mackenzie retired (or was asked to)

Back