• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing Uniform in Public (merged)

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
"Hmm...I think I'll join that outfit, but I don't like their rules, so I'll make my own

Sorry for the delay, took a little while to download the latest CFP 265 off the DWAN.

A-AD-265-000/AG-001
CANADIAN FORCES DRESS INSTRUCTIONS
Issued on Authority of the Chief of the Defence Staff
Ch/Mod 4 – 2005-03-16

11. Public Transportation. Personel travelling aboard a local public conveyance may remove their headdress. Personnel travelling extended distances by aircraft, bus or rail, may remove their headdress while in transit, however, headdress shall be replaced prior to exiting the public conveyance, vehicle or aircraft.

12. Military and Privately Owned Motor Vehicles (PMV)

a. Members wearing the uniform shall wear appropriate headdress while operating or travelling as a passenger in all military vehicle except:

(1) if the roof of the vehicle is too low to permit headdress to be worn with comfort and safety;
(2) on extended trips;
(3) on order of the senior members present; and
(4) in a staff car, PMV or bus.

NOTE
All vehicles that are rented by DND are considered to be a military vehicle.

b. When headdress has been removed in accordance with the provisions of the preceding sub-paragraph, it shall be replaced:

(1) when approaching and leaving a military establishment; and
(2) immediately upon exiting a military vehicle or PMV.

For those who can't grasp the above, I'll remove the extraneous information to make it a little clearer.

Members wearing the uniform shall wear appropriate headdress while operating or travelling as a passenger in all military vehicle except in a staff car, PMV or bus.

I'm not the CDS, and I think I'd have remembered if someone asked for my input into CFP 265, so how does that make the above my rules?

Now who wants to be the first to tell me I lack in personal pride, professionalism, etc.?  ::)

recceguy said:
:rofl:

Still doesn't explain why your beret is the biggest in NATO ;)

Loosely translated, that would be: "Oh $%&@!  He's right.  Quick!  Change the topic!"  ;D

284_226 said:
Now who wants to be the first to tell me I lack in personal pride, professionalism, etc.?  ::)

For what, your inability to not get back in front of this train wreck of a thread?    ::)

284_226 said:
Loosely translated, that would be: "Oh $%&@!  He's right.  Quick!  Change the topic!"   ;D

Wrong dictionary. Your head seems to big. BTW, shelve the second account, right now, or you'll be banned for contravention of the rules. Oh yeah, we're not that slow, and you aren't that good. ;)

Can you send me the link where I can download the Dress Regs from the DWAN while at home? I could use it. Thanks!!  :)

Michael O'Leary said:
For what, your inability to not get back in front of this train wreck of a thread?    ::)

Ah, so I see people express the opinion that those not wearing their headdress in their PMVs are bags of ****, take the time to clarify what the actual regulation says, and receive heaps of flak telling me that I'm wrong. 

As it turns out, not only do you not have to wear your headdress in a PMV if it interferes with comfort or safety - but you don't have to wear it in your PMV at all, except when entering or leaving the establishment.

And I'm at fault here.  :rofl:

Excuses. Excuses.  Excuses.

Members wearing the uniform shall wear appropriate headdress while operating or travelling as a passenger in all military vehicle except in a staff car, PMV or bus.

This is a contradictory statement.  First it states that ALL members while in uniform while operating or travelling as a passenger in all military vehicles will wear appropriate headdress.  Then it makes the exception of Staff Cars (a military vehicle).  A PMV is not a military vehicle, so why is it in this statement.  A bus could be military, and it could also not be.   Not at all a well written statement.

I can concede the following, but it seems some are using its poor wording for their own means:

12. Military and Privately Owned Motor Vehicles (PMV)

a. Members wearing the uniform shall wear appropriate headdress while operating or travelling as a passenger in all military vehicle except:

(1) if the roof of the vehicle is too low to permit headdress to be worn with comfort and safety;
(2) on extended trips;
(3) on order of the senior members present; and
(4) in a staff car, PMV or bus.

and I wonder what kind of idiot buys a PMV in which the roof of the vehicle is too low.  No one I know who has any driving experience on rough roads would think of buying a vehicle where their head was subject to contact with the roof while driving in any or all conditions.  I am not talking about wearing a beret that is less than 1/4 inch of felt here, just plain ole common sense.       (I know, LCF.)

I dismiss you, 284_226 as a self-centered person who is prone to excuses.  If you want to publish you contact numbers that you talk about, please do.  Someone may want to chat.  As for me, I look down on people, who want to bend the Regs to their own satisfaction, in disgust.  Sorry if I hurt your feelings when I say I have had enough of your crap.  

I see he just did the ole 'Post N Run'.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and all.

The Librarian said:
Can you send me the link where I can download the Dress Regs from the DWAN while at home? I could use it. Thanks!!  :)

You can't access them via the web.  You'd need a Baselined laptop with DVPNI.

284_226 said:
Ah, so I see people express the opinion that those not wearing their headdress in their PMVs are bags of ****, take the time to clarify what the actual regulation says, and receive heaps of flak telling me that I'm wrong. 

As it turns out, not only do you not have to wear your headdress in a PMV if it interferes with comfort or safety - but you don't have to wear it in your PMV at all, except when entering or leaving the establishment.

And I'm at fault here.   :rofl:

As I said:  Excuses.  Excuses.  Excuses.

Following you logic, and looking at your posts, one doesn't have to wear headdress at any time while in any vehicle.

WRONG!

George Wallace said:
This is a contradictory statement.  First it states that ALL members while in uniform while operating or travelling as a passenger in all military vehicles will wear appropriate headdress.  Then it makes the exception of Staff Cars (a military vehicle).  A PMV is not a military vehicle, so why is it in this statement.  A bus could be military, and it could also not be.  Not at all a well written statement.

It could be written better, but it's not that unclear actually.  Headdress has to be worn in any military vehicle, like crew cabs, panel vans, etc.  It then lists the exceptions like staff cars, PMVs and buses.

I dismiss you, 284_226 as a self-centered person who is prone to excuses.  If you want to publish you contact numbers that you talk about, please do.  Someone may want to chat.  As for me, I look down on people, who want to bend the Regs to their own satisfaction, in disgust.  Sorry if I hurt your feelings when I say I have had enough of your crap.

There were no bending of the rules, and you're entitled to your opinion.  In this case, your opinion just happened to be incorrect.  I'm not going to apologize for that.

You got about thirty seconds to come clean on your second account (conrtary to the guidelines). tic..........toc..... Forum 5-0
50.gif

recceguy said:
You got about thirty seconds to come clean on your second account (conrtary to the guidelines). tic..........toc..... Forum 5-0
50.gif

Mind telling me what you're referring to?

Sorry.  You are very wrong.

Having driven a Staff Car, I followed the Rules in the very first line.  I wore my Beret at all times.  

Seldom did the General tell me to take it off, and that was usually for those very long trips (2) in accordance with sub note (3).

You are reading all those points out of context.  As I have previously stated, according to your faulty logic with point (4), and taking all those other points, you have it so that one does not have to wear headdress in any vehicle, military or civilian.  You are WRONG.  

George Wallace said:
Sorry.  You are very wrong.

Having driven a Staff Car, I followed the Rules in the very first line.  I wore my Beret at all times. 

Seldom did the General tell me to take it off, and that was usually for those very long trips (2) in accordance with sub note (3).

You are reading all those points out of context.  As I have previously stated, according to your faulty logic with point (4), and taking all those other points, you have it so that one does not have to wear headdress in any vehicle, military or civilian.  You are WRONG. 

Listen, I posted the quote verbatim from the CFP 265.  Interpret it however you like.  It's obvious that nothing I say from here on in is going to sway you, so that's enough for me.  Should it turn out that I was right about the interpretation, remember...you heard it here first.

Later...

Well I do know the RSMs interpretation here and in Gagetown, and he'd best not ever catch me driving my car without the beret on, especially on Base. It just would not be good.

I've already done enough extras in my career for things like not wearing my head-dress; I don't need any more.

284_226 said:
Mind telling me what you're referring to?

Sorry, my mistake (at least one of us can admit to it), When you logged off as 284_226, and logged back in as Guest, anonomously, to read the thread, you were still logged. It's not technically difficult.......but you knew that, right? At first it looked like a second account. Hazards of using your fancy dancy computer, I guess. While not really illegal, according to the guidelines, it is rather petty and childish............but not suprising.

Back