• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Danjanou said:
Getting back on topic, there's a sure fire way to out a poser, ask him to name  and/or describe the off base bars. Sort of our version of "what colour is the Wainwright Hotel?" 8)

Based on my experience there, the correct answer is "I was so hammered when I was carried out of there I don't remember!".

Redeye said:
Based on my experience there, the correct answer is "I was so hammered when I was carried out of there I don't remember!".

I was thinking the samething... ugh.

Redeye said:

yup and if he/she says anything else then they're a Walt.

Scott said:
I tell people I'm Mike Bobbitt. That doesn't get me anywhere...

I try the same thing and it doesn't work for me either.

Mike Bobbitt said:
I try the same thing and it doesn't work for me either.

That actually reminds me of something awesome. In his book, Eye Of The Storm, which is definitely worth reading, former SAS RSM Peter "Billy" Radcliffe (who actually writes under his own name) tells a story of showing up at the Special Forces Club in London and being denied entry because someone who frequents the place Walts as him.

I can see that happening to you, Mike. "I'm Mike Bobbitt."

"No you're not. He comes here all the time, and you're not him."

Redeye said:

OPSEC, people...

Cui said:
Some people just do whatever it takes to make themselves feel better about their miserable existence. Be the bigger person and not jump all over them for it, just nod and smile  :nod:

+1, Just like a lot of posts on this forum (^:

4Feathers said:
+1, Just like a lot of posts on this forum (^:

See, you have a choice...if the forum is so miserable then feel free to not read it :nod:

I work with quite a few guys that are ex UK Forces and one of them had this dude's photo on Facebook trying to identify the Walt. One look told me that this dude must be a Super Walt because I don't think I have seen so many medals, even on a LoF!

For your viewing pleasure.

He'll be even heavier if he gets the QDJM...... :-X

Methinks if he really WAS in the SAS (as his blazer badge suggests), he'd be more likely to show fewer, not more gongs.

milnews.ca said:
Methinks if he really WAS in the SAS (as his blazer badge suggests), he'd be more likely to show fewer, not more gongs.

I'm under the impression some gongs are not for display..... ::)

If I recall correctly, that pic was in the "Wearing an ancestor's medals" thread.
This could be an example a relative taking it a bit too far. ( It looks like a Remembrance Day poppy in the top left rack. )

Hard to believe he could be dumb enough to try to pass off so many racks - up and down both sides - as his, in what appears to be a group of veterans. They would know better and confront him. Everyone in the pic seems relaxed.

Edit to add:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25589/post-828265.html#msg828265
"Judging by the crest on his blazer, and his beret colour, those worn on the left are his 'as earned/awarded', on the left perhaps his father and grandfather or father-inlaw, as there is 4 sets."
( pic has since been removed )

Strike said:
What does Arrse say?

the Waltenkommando has already issued a dispatch that he's a confirmed kill. I was involved as I helped gas up the outrage bus for the QRF.  8)

The Waltenkommando page and ARRSEpedia entries are hilarious.

Scott said:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/waltenkommando-192

I can't remember which exact thread ( there are 74 pages) but it may be Nov 11th Walt or something like that, or SAS Walt. ( mind there are plenty of those). BTW Strike he's not the King of the Walts. This guy has the honour:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Alan_McIlwraith

with this one as present challenger for the throne
http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/The_Baron_of_Castleshort

Back