• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Some of the Arty lads around tell the ladies they are "Reconnaissance Pilots" which does sound a great deal better than "I fly a remote control paper airplane around."

Wook

Herman Nelson

Carl Gustav or Karl Gustav (don't try this in Sweden or Norway)

Scott said:
I tell people I'm Mike Bobbitt.
Ohhh....Mike Bobbitt. I've been trying to impress people by saying I was John Bobbitt.  Most just cringe.  :-\

Try Lorena Bobbitt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

and watch men hide their delicate parts!!!!

Journeyman said:
Ohhh....Mike Bobbitt. I've been trying to impress people by saying I was John Bobbitt.  Most just cringe.  :-\

I just say I'm Journeyman.....

;D

fraserdw said:
Try Lorena Bobbitt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

and watch men hide their delicate parts!!!!

Girl I knew used to wear this "Nike" shirt that said "Just Bobbit" with the check dripping with blood to bars.  Saw one guy go to chat her up and saw the shirt when she turned around...he went white and walked away.

MM

dapaterson said:
If anyone can claim to remember the decor, they're obviously an imposter.

True all I remember is it had a bar and a pool I think. 8)

mariomike said:
News item from 2008:
http://www2.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/cityplus/story.html?id=2cd8c912-2ff1-4aad-80a0-d4ab879842df

Chase, Adams Lake and Kamloops are all close to Salmon Arm...

Danjanou said:
True all I remember is it had a bar and a pool I think. 8)

Yes, and the fake palm trees were not flame resistant.

There were palm trees, I thought I was just having flashbacks >:D

Just remembered it's mid 1980's name.... I think  Old Orchard Inn or something like that?

I think the Old Orchard Inn is a standalone hotel of its own.

Off topic, but the coolest hotel I was ever in was the Fort Hotel in Fort Nelson. The pool had rooms all around it that had balconies facing deckside. And great big fuckoff tiki statues. So we did what any enterprising and athletic young firefighters would do - we put a chair by the edge of the balcony and took running leaps down to the pool.

Woke up one very hazy and fuzzy morning and looked out the window to see my best buddy curled up with a bowled over tiki...and a couple more in the pool.

The staff there were saints.

You may be right it was the 1980's and by the time we piled into a cab from the Big Apple, JRs or the Kentville Legion, for "one or to  more before calling it a night" my navigation and memory (and often basic motor) skills were ahem shall we say not at their best  8)

Scott said:
Off topic, but the coolest hotel I was ever in was the Fort Hotel in Fort Nelson. The pool had rooms all around it that had balconies facing deckside. And great big fuckoff tiki statues. So we did what any enterprising and athletic young firefighters would do - we put a chair by the edge of the balcony and took running leaps down to the pool.

Woke up one very hazy and fuzzy morning and looked out the window to see my best buddy curled up with a bowled over tiki...and a couple more in the pool.

The staff there were saints.

Been there, done that!  ;D

The "exotic dancers" there were pretty nasty though...

You always knew winter and the busy season had hit when they brought in the extra peeler.

Know how Fort Nelson got it's traffic light? There used to be a ripper joint across from the Fort called the Pine Tree. The stripper would go on at the Fort at 9 then cross the road and hit the Pine Tree for 9:30, and so on. Well it wasn't long before some poor drunk got clipped by an eighteen wheeler. Voila, traffic light. Sadly, the Pine Tree burned to the ground a few years later.

Best Guy Fawkes day I have ever been to was on the river banks in Fort Nelson.

Old Orchard? Big Apple?  Haven't been to either since the mid 80's.  How about the White Spot Inn - now there's some good memories?  Last I saw was hmmm 87/88 it had been bought and run by some people I grew up with in Halifax. Not sure but the name Grant comes to mind.

Danjanou said:
Just remembered it's mid 1980's name.... I think  Old Orchard Inn or something like that?

That sounds vaguely familiar from the few weeks that I was there in 1976. The Irish Rovers were there one night. They were fun.

You knew it would be a fun summer there if on the drive in from the airport the panel van driver pointed out the taped up window  and off limits sign at the fron of the Big Apple.

Getting back on topic, there's a sure fire way to out a poser, ask him to name  and/or describe the off base bars. Sort of our version of "what colour is the Wainwright Hotel?" 8)

Back