• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walking the dog???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think I give excuses, that's fine with me, you have the right to your opinion. 

My opinion is that it is stupid to do 2 trips while you can do it in 1 (still looking professional and you can still accept the compliments).  Maybe that is just my common sense though.... 

Max

It's no wonder the army doesn't have the new rain gear, either ...

P.S> Walking around with a coffee cup held straight down looks awkward, not professional.

If I can carry a ruck on my back a barrack box in my left hand...

And that is why one of my friends had to remuster because he screwed up his back.  But he is a completely different story.

On the flight line or the parking lot, or anywhere else for that matter, I will use both hands if the kit is heavy.  I am more concerned with the state of my back (which is not that great as it is) than returning a salute.  Of course, the flight line is generally a non-saluting area unless VIPs are involved.  And I'm also limited by what I can carry based on doctor's orders so the chances of me having both hands full with crap is pretty slim right now -- except for maybe bags of groceries.  :)

The traffic techs are already taking it out to the plane for you.

Okay, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!  Who are these people?  Can we get some in Tac Hel?  Oh Vern, you need to come over to the Tac Hel side and see how it's really done!  (By the way, not a slight on you.  This is actually really funny.)

By the way, we always have two bags on board in the winter -- one for pubs, chek lists, etc, and the other for personal kit if we get "Stuck" somewhere.

Gramps -- One man one kit!   ;D  I don't know how many stories I've heard about bags being left behind because it was expected that the FE/loadmaster/whoever would load it.  ;D

By the way, I suggest people stop attacking the AF for a little bit.  I don't know how many times I've been at Timmies in Pet and seen the guys buying the 20 some-odd coffees and leaving with their hands full.  It goes both ways people.  Max is not the only one guilty of getting a job done in 1 trip.  By the way, these guys are usually so concerned with not spilling said cargo that they don't even acknowledge officers walking by.  Not all of them of course (I wouldn't want to be guilty of a generalization like a few people here tonight) but a few are guilty of this.

Strike said:
Gramps -- One man one kit!   ;D  I don't know how many stories I've heard about bags being left behind because it was expected that the FE/loadmaster/whoever would load it.  ;D

By the way, I suggest people stop attacking the AF for a little bit.  I don't know how many times I've been at Timmies in Pet and seen the guys buying the 20 some-odd coffees and leaving with their hands full.  It goes both ways people.  Max is not the only one guilty of getting a job done in 1 trip.  By the way, these guys are usually so concerned with not spilling said cargo that they don't even acknowledge officers walking by.  Not all of them of course (I wouldn't want to be guilty of a generalization like a few people here tonight) but a few are guilty of this.
The Kicker with that young NAV was that I had not even been near Wing Ops that trip other than to meet the crew to hitch a ride to the lodge.
As for the AF bashing, I used to do a fair bit of it myself (mover1 would be able to confirm that one from when we first met in YZX) however I have matured some over the last 6 or more years working solely on AF bases. I have met some very "switched on" AF pers. and have also had the pleasure of working with some of the most professional people I have ever met. I wear green in a field of blue but it makes no difference. Slackers are slackers and are found everywhere including the Army, we have all met them and maybe even have worked with them. The colour of your DEU means nothing when it comes to personal pride and leadership. Some have it some do not.

My biggest pet peeve with the hands full routine was  when a large double double was involved was when troops or officers would show up late for a timing while carrying said double double.....if you had time for the friggin coffee you had time to get here at the proper timing.

Devlin said:
My biggest pet peeve with the hands full routine was  when a large double double was involved was when troops or officers would show up late for a timing while carrying said double double.....if you had time for the friggin coffee you had time to get here at the proper timing.

Thats a good one actually.See the guy running onto parade and putting his coffe in behind the ranks. ::)

Followed by:"I got stuck in the drive through and couldnt get out".

Which brings me to another slightly on topic event.The dude that orders bagels in the drive tru.

Lines going quick,lines going quick STOPPAGE! Bagel guy!

walking around with a coffeee cup is just plain unprofessional get coffee at work *Rant mode on * why is it if you go into any tim hortons there are a huge group of CF members always there just a pet peeve of mine seeing a CF member whose combats are about to burst carrying a box or two of donuts/timbits maybe skipping the line at timmys and hitting the gym would be more productive *rant off* And for saluting once in the morning at work is enough for this guy other than that I shouldnt see an officier because he should be in his office administering his troops welfare.

::)

Perhaps the most inapporproate and unprofessional issue is bitching about all of this on the 'net.

Check your arms as best you can - and visual and verbally acknowledge -- gee too tough obviously  :P...

*dont stop at Timmies on a bugout though -- even if you get in at a good time the CO still is not thrilled when you and a buddy walk by with XL Double Doubles  ;)

EX_RCAC_011 said:
Which brings me to another slightly on topic event.The dude that orders bagels in the drive tru.

And just when you thought a right-out of 'er thread couldn't get any more retarded......

BitterAndTwisted said:
walking around with a coffeee cup is just plain unprofessional get coffee at work *Rant mode on * why is it if you go into any tim hortons there are a huge group of CF members always there just a pet peeve of mine seeing a CF member whose combats are about to burst carrying a box or two of donuts/timbits maybe skipping the line at timmys and hitting the gym would be more productive *rant off* And for saluting once in the morning at work is enough for this guy other than that I shouldnt see an officier because he should be in his office administering his troops welfare.

Wow, other than the run-on sentence, where do I start?  I'd have to say that about 90% of the people I see at Timmies are quite fit.  So can we PLEASE stop the generalizations?  And maybe those overweight people have already gone to the gym with their unit for PT.  Who are you to criticise?  (Yes, I was overweight, worked out, and went to Timmies.  Just take out the overweight part and that is me.)

As for the offocer comment, that was just stupid.  I didn't realize that we weren't allowed to take a break once in awhile too.

BTW -- I'm not fond of the coffee at work.

;D  100% agree!!

Infidel-6 said:
*dont stop at Timmies on a bugout though -- even if you get in at a good time the CO still is not thrilled when you and a buddy walk by with XL Double Doubles  ;)

Unless you bring one for him. ;D

Strike said:
Wow, other than the run-on sentence, where do I start?  I'd have to say that about 90% of the people I see at Timmies are quite fit.  So can we PLEASE stop the generalizations?  And maybe those overweight people have already gone to the gym with their unit for PT.  Who are you to criticise?  (Yes, I was overweight, worked out, and went to Timmies.  Just take out the overweight part and that is me.)

As for the offocer comment, that was just stupid.  I didn't realize that we weren't allowed to take a break once in awhile too.

BTW -- I'm not fond of the coffee at work.

;D  100% agree!!

Agree with your comments as well.
Have you tasted the School's coffee?I usually drink tea,however I usually start off my day with a black coffee or two from Tim's.I've been known to hang out there from time to time with friends.WTF does tims have to do with overweight soldiers?Coffee got zero calories. ;)

Journeyman said:
And just when you thought a right-out of 'er thread couldn't get any more retarded......
.....you showed up?

Ok this has been a fun exercise boys and girls but before it starts to head south and the playful interservice and Officer/NCO jibes become somewhat less humerous lets shut er down.

Usual caveats re why it should be reopened PM a staff meember apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back