• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wainwright Jerkey

Have you tried Wainwright jerky?

• Yes!

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Whats Wainwright?

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
Boy's buy a dehydrator or made a smoke house/tilt.
I bought one a while back,as I can't build a tilt in the PMQ area.Buy a roast every now and then cut it up.

I had some during MG last month, and all I'll say is that I was disappointed. Too salty for me.

mummiebear5 said:
We sent over 4 lbs to Afghanistan a couple of months ago.  Cost more in postage that the product.  Worth every penny though to make someone else happy.

Cheers

Debra aka Mummiebear5

Ship it over xmass time when Canadapost to Afghanistan is free!!!

Baker said:
So I'm the only one that haven't heard of such thing?

Baker

Edit: Perhaps I should have chosen No, because I know what Wainright is ::)

I've been to Wainwright a couple of times, and even I haven't heard of it, so yer in good company...

ooh, my friend.. Next time you are there.. ask around.

The first time I went, I thought I was ripping the guy off. I can not remember the weight/cost but it was a huge bag for, I think 10 bones.
Last night I went out and bought some 7-11 jerky and cryed  :crybaby: ... I need my fix.
The Bison jerky is awesome also.

milnewstbay said:
I've been to Wainwright a couple of times, and even I haven't heard of it, so yer in good company...
You've never "been" to Wainwright until you've had Meatco jerky. It's like saying you've been to Pet but have never gone to Sassy's (or whatever the name is this week). ;D

jollyjacktar said:
I remember the pepperoni even after all these years.  It was the best anywhere.  Maybe even better than Chris Bros. pepperoni here in Hfx.

Better than Chris Bros.!?  I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure thats blasphemy

;D

Adamant said:
Better than Chris Bros.!?  I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure thats blasphemy

That may very well be but i will take the Wainwright stuff over Chris Bros any day.

Don't know if they still do, but Meatco used to make the best landjager I've ever had outside of the Kippenheimweiler Sportheim.

That is the only thing in Wainwright I miss... that... and the tumble weed I caught that time.

Last November our Canteen brought back crate upon crate of the stuff after MG. Needless to say it was beyond awesome.  :D

They usually have small bags you can buy in the CMTC canteen.

Back