• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UFC Stuff - Merged

Yah, I don't think GSP was in the military either.  But I do know that Patrick Cote, another UFC fighter was in Canadian military, although, I'm not sure what his trade was.

2nd round referee stops fight! Serra completely dominated by GSP, as it should have been in the first fight.

GSP totally dominated Serra. YAHHHH!!! GSP  The Franklin/Lutter fight was good too.  Franklin was in total control.  Towards the end of the fight Lutter couldn't even hold his hands up to defend himself, he had been rocked a few times and was exhausted he just stood with his hands at his side while Franklin punched him in the face.  The ref stopped that one too.  Only one of the fights on the card wasn't very exciting.  Carnes/Quarry was pretty boring.  Quarry pretty much chased Carnes around the ring.  Literally chased him.  But all in all, it was not disappointing.  Good show!

Ya wtf was Caleb Carnes thinking about?  I had picked GSP in the 2nd round but had NO idea he would dominate THAT much!  1st take down was 4 seconds in Round 1 and I think from there on in, Serra was out of his game and completely overwhelmed.  I was impressed how classy Serra was loosing that badly.  I hope Dana White heard what GSP said about a 3rd fight in NYC.  I also thought Kenny Florian did a great job last night too.  Where was Big John McCarthy and some of the other 'usuals' though?

Big John McCarthy isn't in UFC anymore, he left to be an analyst or commentator for another MMA group, not sure which one.  Not sure what happened to Joe, but Kenny did do good job, watch out Joe.  And you're right, I was also pleasantly surprised by Matt Serra being gracious in his loss.  Considering one of the reasons I wasn't to fond of him was because of his grating personality

Also, just found out that Calib Carnes just lost his UFC contract after "running away" in the fight on Sat.  Dana White said maybe he should look into another line of work.  Ouch!  That's gotta hurt. 

Calib should have been ashamed of that, and I applaud Dana for kicking him to the curb. That's straight up cowardice, I mean you signed up for a sport that allows you to pummel people.

Maybe he should of signed up for the track team.  Oops, take that back, there's no running backward on the track either.  During that fight the commentators were saying how he was more like a sparring partner, albeit a BAD sparring partner.  What was he thinking?

04/21/2008
CHUCK LIDDELL INJURED; FORCED TO WITHDRAW FROM UFC® 85  The Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) (UFC(R)) organisation announced today that Chuck Liddell has been forced to withdraw from the UFC 85 event. Liddell tore his hamstring last week while training for his June 7 bout with undefeated light heavyweight Rashad Evans.

"Unfortunately, Chuck Liddell tore his right hamstring during training last week, and being the warrior that he is, he still wanted to fight, which is the reason why everyone in the world loves him," said Dana White, UFC President. "But I wouldn't let anyone fight with his leg looking that way. Let him heal and come back and fight when he is 100 percent."

That's a bummer, would have been a good fight.  Wonder if anyone will replace Chuck in that fight?
Tried to get the pic of his leg, but I was unable to, mostly because I'm computer challenged, but, the whole back of his thigh in one big bruise.

Mini Hijack here..

A year ago I was watching a GSP fight and that dork commentator/fear factor host Paul Rogan commented on his co-commentors remark that GSP was in the Canadian Army. Rogans responce was "Canada has an Army?"...

What a knob.

Don't know if I should start a new topic. Maybe one of the mods could take out 'Matt Serra or' out of the title  ;D
But, is anyone watching the GSP/Fitch fight tonight?  What do ya think is going to happen?
Actually, the whole card looks good.  I'm thinking it's either going to end really fast, with GSP as the winner or it's going to be bloody as hell and Fitch is going to take it.
I'm looking forward to it :)

Not to take away from Fitch but I just don't think he is the athlete GSP is.  Skills are there but I don't think he has the strength and gas tank that GSP does and I've don't think he brings the kicks that GSP does or even close.

I'd say 3rd round KO for GSP.

Sigger said:
Mini Hijack here..

A year ago I was watching a GSP fight and that dork commentator/fear factor host Paul Rogan commented on his co-commentors remark that GSP was in the Canadian Army. Rogans responce was "Canada has an Army?"...

What a knob.

GSP was never in the Forces but I do believe Patrick Cote was.

Back