• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tracking problems with the forum upgrade [Post here]

George Wallace said:
Nope.  Those extra buttons are missing.  I can see the Smilies/epicons but can not attach them.  I can only highlight one letter in the Post Box, so cutting and pasting don't work......I am back to using long hand...... ;-)

Ah and here is the reason lol

Mike Bobbitt said:
Ahhhh, right... It's the DIN web scrubbers at work again. On the old version I had to manually make some changes to allow PMs to work at all... looks like they work "better" out of the gate in this version, but some functionality is still blocked.

;D

From a DIN compouter (during my lunch hour, of course)  I can't seem to click on the tabs above my profile. 

There are double arrows (<<) to the top right of the profile box... if you click those it turns you to the old format. Can you see those?

Note that the << is hard to see - the style/background colour/whatever is all wrong for it.

Seen.  Mousing over it did nothing for me so in my internet saavy ways, I avoided it so as not to create any problems.

The custom signature at the bottom of member's replies seems to be taking over and overshadowing the message itself. Is this common or just my machine setup?

kkwd said:
The custom signature at the bottom of member's replies seems to be taking over and overshadowing the message itself. Is this common or just my machine setup?

It is the same for me, but then it emphasises the point  ;-)

Home Page, highlight Forums, move pointer down to Air -Force.ca, click on it and I get sent to the top of the Forum page.
Previously the new page would open at the Air Force.ca location.

Thanks Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
There are double arrows (<<) to the top right of the profile box... if you click those it turns you to the old format. Can you see those?

Note that the << is hard to see - the style/background colour/whatever is all wrong for it.

Decided I'd wait until I got home to verify it wasn't just the DWAN computer but pressing the double arrows (<<) brings me to a page with the same info and side bars for posts and stats, but some of the main page stuff is missing (rank, time in military, etc).

Baden Guy, the Air-Force.ca forums link is now fixed up (along with the others). Haven't figured out the sig thing yet so I'll add it to the list. :)

I can't see these overpowering sigs... can someone point me to an example?

OK, that I get... and agree with. I thought the sig was actually overflowing or something. Been a long day I guess. ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Been a long day I guess. ;)

Geez, Mike, take a break!!  You deserve it! 
11.gif

They most certainly are, I have to squint again.  ;D

It just keeps getting better and better ...

I see Army.ca Subscriptions is good to go now (nudge, nudge,  ;) ;))

Thank you Mr. Bobbitt!

251 Guests, 65 Users (3 Buddies, 14 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Like the new tracking software

I just went to the Black gorilla Army thread, and like the path to this thread above it is black on green.....comes across as a smear, unreadable unless you highlight it....

Army.ca Forums > The Mess > Radio Chatter > Topic: Black Gorilla Army

Kat Stevens said:
Is there a reason that profiles have been pared down to bare minimum info, or just a glitch?

George Wallace said:
It is a new format.  If you look you will see that there are now tabs to access more.

I still only see the bare minimum info in profiles.  Was other information in profiles removed?

The text was also really small.  I'm on Firefox, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Hi Mike; not sure if you have encountered this yet but when I try to add a second photo to a post it does not give me a second box to add file. I will just add text items as they come and know you are working hard at getting everything in order.
Andrew

Back