• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tracking problems with the forum upgrade [Post here]

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Yep, stuff is broken. A LOT of stuff.

I knew even heading in to the upgrade that I would not be able to fix everything right away, and this thread will act as a "clearinghouse" for the numerous problems that have shown up associated with the recent forum upgrade. I can't guarantee a timely fix or even status update on everything, but I will do my best.

Thanks for bearing with me through all this.

Mike's Naughty List

Now tracked here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/92989.0.html

Cheers
Mike

It looks a bit strange but I can still access the forums. In "Post Reply" preview and spell check work. I'll see if post works in a second when I send this your way.

I don't care, just the fact that I can even get on here makes me happy!!!!! I was in withdrawals all day!!  :'(

It's not my new colour scheme, it's the forum default... Now for the lengthy task of recreating that old familiar green... and blue, and grey and other blue. Yikes.

Mike Bobbitt said:
It's not my new colour scheme, it's the forum default... Now for the lengthy task of recreating that old familiar green... and blue, and grey and other blue. Yikes.

Gotcha, Mike.

Hope the craziness of the transition wraps up soon for you, Mike.

Not critical, but noticed that on some fora with attachments:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/83742.0.html
I can clearly see the number of downloads for the attachments at the bottom of the posts, but for other fora:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/82556.0/all.html
I can't - it gets broken up.

I'm OK with the colour change, but I find the Subject box a bit harder to read with the darker background with black font.

Take care....

Chat room seems to be broken.

Says I need 10 posts and 3 hours online.
And there is a loggin screen too.

Mike, don't sweat the small stuff......

You'll get this fixed when you get it fixed.  One more time, thanks for hosting this site and putting in the effort you do.

Cheers, Chris.

Thanks Chris... it'll all come together with a bit of time and patience... and it'll be better than before.

Tony I had a look and saw download counts for all attachments... Not sure what happened there but I'll keep an eye on it.

New forum software does not like IE 8 RC1 had to use the compatibility settings.

EDITED TO ADD

Calendar at bottom of Forums page does not list items in a list fashion. Instead it uses commas to separate the entries.

(Sorry if it seems I'm picky but just giving the site a going over so you get all the bugs out when time permits.)

When you open a thread, the links to go back to the main forum are at the top of the page only, none at the bottom.

(These ones:  Army.ca Forums >The Newsroom >International Situation & World News >Topic)

NFLD Sapper said:
New forum software does not like IE 8 RC1 had to use the compatibility settings.

EDITED TO ADD

Calendar at bottom of Forums page does not list items in a list fashion. Instead it uses commas to separate the entries.

(Sorry if it seems I'm picky but just giving the site a going over so you get all the bugs out when time permits.)

If you are going that way I just checked in Windows 7 Beta with IE 8 Beta and it looks fine. I am running Windows 7 Beta in VMWare Workstation. It also works in Firefox in this configuration.

kkwd said:
If you are going that way I just checked in Windows 7 Beta with IE 8 Beta and it looks fine. I am running Windows 7 Beta in VMWare Workstation.

Weird seems to work now without compatibility settings.

:-\

Mike some of the text below the board headings is not readable as they are the same colour as the background.

Example:

Milnet.ca Admin
For announcements, suggestions, problems, and comments about this site.

Bolded text is not readable.

NFLD Sapper said:
Seems that some of the info we inputed into the profiles no longer exist.

It seems sections you don't fill in no longer show up as a heading with a blank space after it. It looks like the Milnet.ca template hasn't been applied yet for all the headings specific to this forum.

What I have found is that the pages are very slow to load - maybe it is my firewall - but most loads seem to wait on "bid.openx.net"

*** update, seems fine now, maybe it was the firewall here. *****

The rest is less important to me.

cheers and thanks for all your effort.

Frank

Getting there....love the color of the main headings....easy to read and notice..

Back