• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Three die playing catch with grenade

• Thread starter Thread starter D-n-A
  • Start date Start date
He he... maybe we should send a shipment of grenades to Al Queda in Iraq and hope for the same result...

So, is anybody up for some jump on the tank mine... don't worry it's 100% safe!!!

I think it takes some 70 pounds per square inch to get a tank mine to blow, so jump EXTRA HARD, just for kicks! OR you could wear a pair of stilettos... you know, for fun.

Or just start issuing the tilt rods with the AT mines again, and then nobody has to waste all that energy jumping around...

Tom

condor888000 said:
I would be amazed if that were so.......someone out there must have been that stupid.

EDIT: What do you know........ ::)
Shows what goes through some peoples heads.

I can recall a similar story, I wounder if its catching on?

In 95 in a small sh*t hole of evil town called Maglji about 50 kms east of Banja Luka a group of Black Swan arrived at a little blacked out bar just off the front line to celebrate there wins on the battlefield. Not being drinkers (Black Swan) they decide that a game of anti tank mine hockey would be fun. In the centre of the bar a large table sat and several guys at one end and several at the other. In center of the table an AntiTank mine complete with tilt rod. They proceded to bat this thing back and forth across the table with large sticks (like walking sticks). Gently at first then with more ferocity as the game went on the result was inevitable, I cant help but wonder if the attitude was transfered in war stories to the young. Banja Luke was a hot bed of extremist (Black Swan) recruitment feats of bullsh*t bravado are common place amongst the youth of the (BS).

3rd Horseman said:
I can recall a similar story, I wounder if its catching on?

In center of the table an AntiTank mine complete with tilt rod. They proceded to bat this thing back and forth across the table with large sticks (like walking sticks). Gently at first then with more ferocity as the game went on the result was inevitable,

Darwin at work! The only sympathy I have for that group is the Parents/sisters/brothers/ of all of the people they killed over there. You almost wonder if visciousness and stupidity are hereditary  in some places?

Somehow it sounds strange to be that a couple of 20 year old kids
(Im refering to them as kids because only very very young kids might do something like that)

So in a war torn country (Were the kids should know plenty about the deadly weapons) a couple of 20 year olds were "Playing Catch" with a grenade...sounds like there is more to this story than meets the eye.

More than likely not. Familiarity breeds contempt, even with explosive ordnance.  When we crossed the line from Osijek to Vukovar in '92, the Croatian Engineers were required to move their surface laid AT mines from the road.  This exercise consisted of pulling off the tilt rods, and kicking them into the ditch.  We good Canadian Sappers observed from behind a nearby APC.

Back