• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Shaving Superthread- All You Want and More....

Jim Seggie said:
A PPCLI Tshirt renders the wearer invulnerable and impervious to all manner of nasty things, including assaults by RCN pers.  ;)

My Black Beret did the same, if not better.    >:D

Jim Seggie said:
A PPCLI Tshirt renders the wearer invulnerable and impervious to all manner of nasty things, including assaults by RCN pers.  ;)

;D

Nice touch Jim.

George Wallace said:
My Black Beret did the same, if not better.    >:D

I wanted to be a tanker when I joined but my parents weren't brother and sister! :o

Death before Dismount.

We played a more civilized game of Lawn Darts.......before the Canada Safety Council and Consumer Affairs put an end to that as well.  Damn Liberals.

2 Cdo said:
The baseball hat alone will not make you unstoppable, but if you add an Airborne Regiment t-shirt the war would have ended back in 2002! 8)

In the Navy, tucking your trousers into your socks makes you invincible! 

Bart: Wow, I wonder where all the rats are going to go...

Moe: All right, everybody tuck your pants into your socks

Pusser said:

According tot he crazy entomologist PHAC had lecturing us on Lyme Disease a few weeks ago, it's a new up and coming fashion...at least in the entomology world anyway.

MM

medicineman said:
According tot he crazy entomologist PHAC had lecturing us on Lyme Disease a few weeks ago, it's a new up and coming fashion...at least in the entomology world anyway.

MM

Because entomologists are so cool!

milnews.ca said:
I'd rather shave my beard than cut off, well, you know.....

You wouldn't have to make yourself a eunuch; we'd happily do it for you.  >:D

Pusser said:
Been awhile since you've been operational, Pusser.  That went out the window several years ago.  The tucking socks thing.  Not the invincibility.  Sailors always will retain that.  ;)

jollyjacktar said:
Been awhile since you've been operational, Pusser.  That went out the window several years ago.  The tucking socks thing.  Not the invincibility.  Sailors always will retain that.  ;)

Do they still wear the funny Nun's habit's and oven mitts when they go into battle? ;D

I just volunteered to go Trade Pioneers, I can't wait to be able to grow a beard!

cupper said:
Do they still wear the funny Nun's habit's and oven mitts when they go into battle? ;D
Yep.  They at least are FR, unlike wool socks.  Which is why the practice of tucking one's socks over the FR pant cuffs was stopped.  Sometimes, Sea Training Staff have moments of clarity and stupid practices cease.  BTW, I prefer to think of the oven mitts as opera gloves.  That way I can play Wagner in my head when I go into battle.  :D

jollyjacktar said:

It hasn't been that long....

But I do note that we have changed the NCD yet again.  Do they have zippers on the cuffs now?  I haven't bothered to pick up my new ones at clothing stores yet.

Back