• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Shaving Superthread- All You Want and More....

ArmyVern said:
The Motorola Razer ...

I can't hurt myself with that.   ;)
By the look of the commercial, best watch yourself with it ;)

ETA: And no, Yrys, I will NOT shave my legs, no matter how much you want me too ;) ;D

Mike Baker said:
ETA: And no, Yrys, I will NOT shave my legs, no matter how much you want me too ;) ;D

HEY! I never said that, just that I want you to post pics, as you wrote you would...

Yrys said:
HEY! I never said that, just that I want you to post pics, as you wrote you would...
Oh, well then, we will see then, we will see  ^-^ :-*

Worth considering: Proraso shaving soap or cream ( I think I prefer the soap--Proraso brushes also available) at Shoppers Drugmart ( Florena cream an alternative, William's Shaving Soap no longer stocked).

A site just found, "Badger & Blade":
http://badgerandblade.com/

Our goal is to provide a fun and informative site covering all aspects of wet shaving, catering to all groups from beginners to seasoned pros...

And a fancy US shaving  sales site, "BARCLAY CROCKER":
http://www.barclaycrocker.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=barclay

Mark
Ottawa

I see that this is an old one, but seriously this is a pretty serious topic when shaving is so central to your job

I use the Gillette Fusion right now BUT I'm switching to an old fashioned straight blade soon, the Fusion gives me too much irritation - I also use the old brush and bar type stuff to lather instead of foam or gel or whatever - find it works much better.

AirCanuck said:
seriously this is a pretty serious topic when shaving is so central to your job.

What kind of job is that ?

a puzzled civilian ...

I use a knife...

You know? like Crocodile Dundee? This big honking thing?!

Don't believe me?! Okay... fine Gillette Mach 3 Turbo  ;D

Yrys said:
What kind of job is that ?

a puzzled civilian ...

We are required to shave every day we are on duty in accordance with the QR&O (Queens Regulations and Orders)

BTW Shick Quatro, mug and brush w/Wilkinson soap.
;)

BernDawg said:
We are required to shave every day we are on duty in accordance with the QR&O (Queens Regulations and Orders)

I know that , but how come is it "central" to the job ?

Yrys said:
I know that , but how come is it "central" to the job ?

Well, for one as an Officer I have to set an example to NCM's, thus I can't be walking around unshaven myself, can I?  Appearance and attention go hand-in-hand with discipline, and thus shaving would be 'central' to the job.

Thus, if you get irritation easily (as I do) shaving becomes the bane of your existence.

Just checked, I use proraso from shoppers and the same brush.  Will tell more when I receive the straight razor.

Some equipment has to fit the face properly, like a gas mask.  If they aren't clean shaven, it might not give a proper seal.  And I'm sure there are other trades and equipment that needs to have a clean shave.  

My favorite razor? A cheap electric one.
But seeing how that doesn't exist (not in this realm, anyways), I don't shave much.  :blotto:
Yup, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.  ^-^

Baker, are you meaning to say the doctors and law enforcement types are actually allowing you to grasp hold of a sharp razor-like device now? Scary day, today is.

Midget

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Some equipment has to fit the face properly, like a gas mask.  If they aren't clean shaven, it might not give a proper seal.  And I'm sure there are other trades and equipment that needs to have a clean shave. 

quite true - weren't they discussing making navy members shave their beards too after that fiasco with the sub fire a few years back?

I prop a picture of Chuck Norris in front of me and all my whiskers fall out from his stare!

Good2Golf said:
I prop a picture of Chuck Norris in front of me and all my whiskers fall out from his stare!

I like the way you think!

I should probably stop using disposable 3-blades... Time for either a Fusion or expensive electric razor.

cheeky_monkey said:
I like the way you think!

I should probably stop using disposable 3-blades... Time for either a Fusion or expensive electric razor.

The fusion is key.  The only reason I am switching to a straight razor is because I've heard it is like the ultimate thing for people who get really bad irritation.  for normal people though, the thing is key - although the blades cost an arm and a leg!

AirCanuck said:
The fusion is key.  The only reason I am switching to a straight razor is because I've heard it is like the ultimate thing for people who get really bad irritation. for normal people though, the thing is key - although the blades cost an arm and a leg!

Well, improperly used, it really would be the ultimate thing!  :o

I use a Mach 3 right now, works well for me, but I'm switching to a straight razor as well. I got shaved with one at the barber's one time, my face felt like rubber for 2 days. They're a pretty expensive investment though.

Along the lines of what G2G said...If improperly used it could be your last investment too!  ;D

I used to use a Fusion while in the field as well as at home, but I find that the blade cartridge has a tendency of snapping loose from the hinge that attaches it to the handle when it's tossed in my rucksack. So it's back to the more reliable (and cheaper) Mach 3.

The miracle of Fusion is that when you combine blue and orange you somehow get a really expensive razor...

Back