• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The sexyness level of various naval things.........

In all seriousness the French Navy had some great designs in the immediate pre WW2 era. Most never saw action after 1940 unfortunately.

The unique design of the Richelieu Class of BB ( 2 completed) resulted in a nice looking ship. My favourite picture shows here in her new Pacific Fleet camo paint job. NAother beautiful classic ship is also in this shot HMS Cumberland, a County Class Heavy Cruiser. (Cumberland was part of the squadron  that hunted down the Graf Spee.

dhm1108.jpg

CDN Aviator said:
No..........this is much better

Here is a 1028x768 Wallpaper of that shot for you :)

http://wallpapers.skins.be/catherine-bell/catherine-bell-1024x768-1124.jpg

IN HOC SIGNO said:
ah hem,,,it's not a boat.....it's a ship!!!!!!!!!! :rage:

Heh... it took long enouigh for a bite :)

Give me a break! I was lurking outside a bank on a park bench yelling at people as they went in at all hours of the day..."WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS ?WHEN YOU WENT TO THE BANK AND IT WAS CLOSED?!"  >:D (Curmudgeons unite!)

To get thing back on track....

SHIP_CGC_NSC_Bertholf_Machinery_Trials_lg.jpg

Its the white paint that makes this one!! 

The Legend Class National Security Cutters are the largest ships in the Deepwater program, and represent the program's flagship in more ways than one. The 418 foot, 4,300 ton ships will be frigate-sized vessels with a 21 foot draughts.

About the County Class cruiser in the pic posted by Danjanou.  Ironically it was another County Class that started my love affair with warships.  Somewhere between 1978 and 1979 after the deep water port in St. Kitts was completed a RN County Class destroyer HMS London became the first warship to dock there (it couldn't have been any later than '80 because the ship was decommissioned that year). 

At the time my family lived on a hill right above the port with an excellent view.  Prior to construction of the port visiting naval vessels stayed out in the Basseterre roadsted so this was my first chance to see a large warship up close.  This was way before 911 so I could walk onto the port and stand right next to the ship.  She created quite an impression on a primary school lad (I know i'm dating myself here ;), with her sleek grey shape bristling with gun turrets and radar antennae.  Just as a point of note her sister ship HMS Glamorgan served in the Falklands War and set a record for firing the longest artillery barrage from a British warship since WWII.

I'm not sure if I would call this "sexy" but it certainly is a beautiful ship.

zipperhead_cop said:
Posted, becuase there just wasn't a decent enough Catherine Bell pic.

8c930096.jpg

The one that CDN Aviator posted and that I posted a nice wallpaper size of wasn't decent enough?

JBoyd said:
The one that CDN Aviator posted and that I posted a nice wallpaper size of wasn't decent enough?

They would have been great, if they worked. 
Seriously Skippy, could you be jealous of an off topic pic?  Must be that Left Coast oversensitivity.   ::)
Thanks for doing the full quote though, and re-posting my pic.  ;D

zipperhead_cop said:
They would have been great, if they worked. 
Seriously Skippy, could you be jealous of an off topic pic?  Must be that Left Coast oversensitivity.   ::)
Thanks for doing the full quote though, and re-posting my pic.   ;D

Hmm, yes my link doesnt seem to work properly, heres a better one

http://www.aclasscelebs.com/wallpaper/images/girl_catherine_bell001.jpg

however CDN's attachment works for me.... and no problem ;D always a fan of Catherine Bell

zipperhead_cop said:
Posted, becuase there just wasn't a decent enough Catherine Bell pic.

She's cute - but doesn't look old enough to know what to do with it without extensive instruction.

I hate wasting time on instruction.

Gawd (and my wife) know that "time" is "short enough", so to speak.  ;)

Roy

I think she needs some remedial drill. She's saluting with the wrong hand...and it's a pretty weak salute at that! ;)

IN HOC SIGNO said:
I think she needs some remedial drill. She's saluting with the wrong hand...and it's a pretty weak salute at that! ;)

You call that a salute?  I thought she was tipping her hat!  ;) 

Back