• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The sexyness level of various naval things.........

Ex-Dragoon said:
The Arleigh Burkes are the size of WW1 battleships so in terms of capability designations such as cruiser are falling by the wayside. Designations these days seem to be leaning towards what role the warship assumes.

Ex Dragoon,

Well those Arleigh Burkes are also closer in size or tonnage to WW2 era USN heavy cruisers built during the Washington Treaty years, such as the USN Portland and Northampton class heavy cruisers.

Speaking of WW1 Battleships...COUGH...Ram Bows...my unanswered question from earlier in the thread...COUGH, COUGH COUGH!
::)

Ram Bows:
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) during the Crimean War there was a battle and more ships were sunk by ramming than by gunfire, so therefore ship designers thought that ram was a viable weapon. Of course this did not prove true during the first world war however it does increase the speed of a ship and possible its stability(?) which would make sense as that DDWhatever thing has rather low gunwales.

CougarDaddy said:
Ex Dragoon,

Well those Arleigh Burkes are also closer in size or tonnage to WW2 era USN Heavy cruisers built during the Washington Treaty years, such as the USN Portland and Northampton class heavy cruisers.

Speaking of WW1 Battleships...COUGH...Ram Bows...my unanswered question from earlier in the thread...COUGH, COUGH COUGH!
::)

CD just illustrating how much designations have changed over the years....

Boater said:
For subs I'd have to say our Victoria's have a certain appeal to them, but these new German ones can sure turn heads:

Yeah.. they look amazing up on dry dock!  ;D

Ex-Dragoon said:
CD just illustrating how much designations have changed over the years....

Ex-Dragoon,

Your point is well taken. One example that demonstrates your point are the USN's now-decomissioned Leahy class guided-missile cruisers, which used to be classified as destroyers, surprisingly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leahy_class_cruiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_1975_ship_reclassification

So yes, as you well know, the destroyers and frigates of today are a far cry from and much more heavily armed than their predecessors dating back to World War One and so forth.

Is there a sexier warship then the mighty BISMARCK? No. 8) Okay YAMATO doesn´t looked bad neither.

Regards,
ironduke57

ironduke57 said:
Is there a sexier warship then the mighty BISMARCK? No. 8) Okay YAMATO doesn´t looked bad neither.

Regards,
ironduke57

'em's fighting words!!!  ;D Of course there is a SEXIER ship than the Bismarck, her sister ship the Tirpitz!   :rofl:

You are right, the Yamato's huge size made her sexy too. Hehehe...but aren't we REALLY getting off topic?  ;D

One nations destroyers is another nations cruisers....don't be too wrapped up on the terms used....

The sexyness level of various naval things.........  eh?

I would like to say some of the girls on the MCVD's on Bravo Jetty...  ;)

tomahawk6 said:
How about submarines ? I think the Antey class is sexie just wouldnt want to serve in one. ;D

oscar1.jpg

Someone is into big girls  :dontpanic:

Yeah something about subs as big as cruisers that are appealing. ;D

I always thought the Kara's and Kresta's were very nice looking cruisers as well.

Apparently the pre TRUMP 280s were voted the sexiest warships by Playboy when they first were commissioned due to their bunny ears. The old timers still talk about it lol

geo said:
Sgt Schultz....
here is same boat... different view of the Aegis frigate.
Aparently, the Norwegians are having some serious rust issues with the Spanish manufacturer....

Pretty ship though

ah hem,,,it's not a boat.....it's a ship!!!!!!!!!! :rage:

ironduke57 said:

Regards,
ironduke57

Yeah but what have you done for us lately?? ;D

Well since we've broadened the thread, how about that doe-eyed female marine in the tv series 'Jag'. ;D

cameron said:
Well since we've broadened the thread, how about that doe-eyed female marine in the tv series 'Jag'. ;D

Your wish is the mods command.  8)
20617-catherine-bell-sex-e-screensaver.jpg

Back