• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The PETA Merged Thread

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Definitely not a promotion for PETA by any means!  It's a pretty funny article but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before they (PETA) come out with some new (and offensive) advertising campaign using this latest news.  Of course, it won't matter if you point out that Listeria can be found in cheese, mushrooms, soil, etc...... ::)

Article Link

Dear PETA,

Please take note: That's "dear," not "deer" -- I wouldn't want get off on the wrong foot here, accused of exploiting ungulates for my own selfish salutational purposes.

Anyway, I'm hoping everyone is feeling well at the offices of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

I'm concerned, having scoured in vain for any reference to you and your spokespeople in the Canadian media over the past week.

You see, here in Canada -- it's the country with the big rodeo and seal-clubbing, remember? -- well, we're having a bit of an issue with a nasty bacteria called listeria.

More on link

::)

PETA... They have a habit of just going too far and making a mockery of themselves. Great ideology behind the movement, just not the correct application of it.

Maybe the leadership at PETA became sick themselves after secretly eating some meat processed at establishment 97B  >:D

I am a member of PETA myself: PETA = People who Eat Tasty Animals  ;)

The trouble with many of these sorts of organizations is that, although worthy to some degree, and usually with a solid positive sentiment behind them, they're so desperate for a following that they end up being composed of radicals who drive away reasonable, sympathetic people who might otherwise support their efforts...

I'm all for looking after the environment, treating animals humanely, etc, but so many of those people are just whackos...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090618/obama_peta_090618/20090618?hub=World

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

Updated Thu. Jun. 18 2009 8:36 AM ET

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

"That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

He's a real tough guy.
But, remember the "Shawinigan Handshake" our guy was known for?
Let's see him top that!

"swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect,"

Oh, and PETA members are, right?  ::)

mariomike said:
He's a real tough guy.
But, remember the "Shawinigan Handshake" our guy was known for?
Let's see him top that!

Let's have a Harper/Obama matchoff.  Winner gets to determine which country Akwesasne belongs in.

Boy PETA would hate me.  In my house being the one who kills spiders and all other creepy crawlies has made me a hero. 

holy, it's a fly, it's not like he clubbed and skinned a baby seal on national television. 

PETA suggests nondairy MJ statue
Instead of using butter, how about a nondairy spread?

updated 4:50 p.m. MT, Wed., July 15, 2009
DES MOINES, Iowa - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have come up with an idea for sculptor Sarah Pratt and the Iowa State Fair — instead of using butter for a Michael Jackson sculpture, how about a nondairy spread?

Officials with the fair, known for its butter cow, announced days after Jackson's death that they also would display a sculpture of the King of Pop. Last Wednesday, they said they would let the public decide in an online ballot.

Iowa State Fair marketing director Lori Chappell said as of Tuesday more than 70,000 people have voted on the Web site. Chappell said early on, most people voted `no.' Since then, there has been a surge of `yes' votes.

PETA recommends using something called "Earth Balance," which it describes as a "nondairy buttery spread" if there is a Jackson sculpture

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31927261/ns/us_news-weird_news/

What more can ya say?  OMFG,  a non dairy MJ statue......WHO CARES???!!??  :blotto:

A margarine spread statue of MJ would be the fitting tribute, IMHO.  He was artificial and mostly plastic.  Same with margarine.

I don't know why "People Eating Tasty Animals" have anything against the King of Pop, though...

Warning!  Warning!

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

"PETA asks N.S. fisherman to spare lobster believed to be more than 100 years-old":
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090814/koddities/oddity_lobster_appeal

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is asking Beau Gillis to let the old lobster live by allowing a PETA lobster liberator to help release him.

WTF is a lobster liberator.  Hey, they can liberate this lobster right into my stock pot if they want.  I'll take good care of it!

It must be the heat in Nova Scotia this week that is making people stupid like this.

Back