• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The lowest bidder is ... in prison

Oh, youse guys have not yet experienced the full joys of doing business with CORCAN.  My mother-in-law from my first marriage was a senior poly-wog for CORCAN and my ex-wife worked there too.  This outfit is staffed by those who couldn't pass the ethics exam to work as an ad executive in Quebec or join the Liberal Party of Canada...

I'm a corrections officer with CSC and have been for 22 years. Offenders outside, Inmates inside. it's even defined that way in Legislation. Unfortunately the HQ types like the touchy feely words.

From the Corrections and Conditional Release Act;
"inmate" means

(a) a person who is in a penitentiary pursuant to

(i) a sentence, committal or transfer to penitentiary,

"offender" means

(a) an inmate, or

(b) a person who, having been sentenced, committed or transferred to penitentiary, is outside penitentiary

(i) by reason of parole or statutory release,

marshall sl said:
I'm a corrections officer with CSC and have been for 22 years. Offenders outside, Inmates inside. it's even defined that way in Legislation. Unfortunately the HQ types like the touchy feely words.

From the Corrections and Conditional Release Act;
"inmate" means

(a) a person who is in a penitentiary pursuant to

(i) a sentence, committal or transfer to penitentiary,

"offender" means

(a) an inmate, or

(b) a person who, having been sentenced, committed or transferred to penitentiary, is outside penitentiary

(i) by reason of parole or statutory release,

Umm that says that both inmates and those in the community are both reffered to as "offenders"...you proved youself wrong.....

All I'm trying to tell you is the CONVICTS inside are refered to as inmates! take it as gospel. Parole officers on the street and HQ types that have never worked in side call them Offenders. Thats the way it is!

Okay you front line guys call 'em inmates got you. Im not saying you dont- Im saying calling them offenders isnt wrong. ::)

Inmates/offenders/residents/whatever............=scroats.

I must say, How many corners does the DND have to cut before it realizes that it's jeopardizing the lives of those who work for it...

Hopefully there isnt another Chicoutimi (sp?) lurking in the shadows here. I mean, if an incident (like the wiring incident described) occurs and someone loses their life, how do you think the press would react? And isnt it almost funny to think about how the PR folks for the DND would try to downplay the incident?

Can someone give me a link to an address for someone to complain to? This is rediculous.

Surely this isn't the first time.  Was it not the case that the refurbishment and movement of "pods" from the 1- and/or 5/4-ton fleet to the LSVW fleet was done by corrections guests?

Good question. While the LSVW has had alot of automotive problems (it should have been nicknamed the "Fire Truck" for the number of spontaneous combustions it has suffered), and it has brake squeal that would wake the dead, I have never heard about problems with these pods. I am not sure that the users themselves would ever know who had done the work, since it would probably be handled through Base Maintenance and PWGSC. IIRC some of this work was done at Drumheller, AB. Cheers.

Pbi

I ran a LSVW CP in Gagetown this summer for the Inf School CAP courses and it had serious wiring problems.  It had had a fire reported by the Crse that used it prior to our signing for it.  When we were done, there were more gremlins in the electrical wiring.  After reading of the Fire in a cab here, from a refurbishing job by CORCAN, I am beginning to wonder?????  Did the CP I was using come from a CORCAN contract or not is a question I cannot answer, but just now am questioning.

GW

Back