• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Infantry Recruit Superthread- Lots of Q&A's

• Thread starter Thread starter BestOfTheBest
  • Start date Start date
Is there any pension benefits after your 3 year term?

What are your chances of getting the battalion of choice?

Is it highly unlikely for them to place you in a different battalion under a 3 year contract?

Do you HAVE to stay at the shacks on base until you hit CPL, or can you live off base right from the start?

A pension is after 20 years.. which is actually quite generous compared to the civilian sector.

After 3 years you get a kick in the pants and should you VR, you get all your contributions back.

What do u think the pros and cons of your job are?

Do you like you job? Is it easy to get specialized training? Are the people supportive?

Thanks, please feel free to say any comments you wish on the infantry, good or bad :soldier:

Pros:
Chicks dig uniforms

Cons:
You mean I have to shoot people?!?

Originally posted by Infanteer:
[qb] Pros:
Chicks dig uniforms

Cons:
You mean I have to shoot people?!? [/qb]
Isn‘t that "I have to walk *how* far to *shoot* somone?!?" ;)

wow that was fast, it took only reply to totally deviate from the subject lol
Maybe to the untrained eye, but your question has more or less been answered in a roundabout way.

Pro: You get to work with the most halarious group of people in the world. You can be tired and frozen and someone will crack a joke about how he‘s going to do the "Party Boy" (From the movie Jackass) to the WO the next chance he gets.

Cons: You‘ll find yourself frustrated by the lack of consideration the Cdn Army gets from the Government. You‘ll also have hurting knees, feet, and back.

Fusaki hit the nail on the head.
I like it - but it is a love/hate relationship - there are pro‘s and con‘s.

Yeah, it‘s kinda like that hot chick who‘s the smokingest thing in school, but who is a total bitch and liberal. You wanna hatef&ck her and then drop her off on the outskirts of town after.

Ellison, tell Gorrie his EK bud from DP2A says "You‘re STILL ugly!!" ;)

Originally posted by KevinB:
[qb] Fusaki hit the nail on the head.
I like it - but it is a love/hate relationship - there are pro‘s and con‘s. [/qb]
The above post say‘s it all as far as I‘m concerned!

You get out what you put in!

If you whant a test try a Bridge Gallop!! :eek:

I remember those in the BC area always looked like a dozen clowns getting out of a yugo car .
Highly entertaining to watch but would not want to be doing it . Infantry
Pros get to go every where.
Con have to walk there.
Pros get all sorts of kit.
Con have to carry it all with you .
:fifty:

ANOTHER PRO: It is d*mned near impossible to get fired, most of the time you can get charged or demoted, but you basically have a job for life. I‘ve seen more people quit in the reserves due to other frustrations, incapacitations and limitations. And if you do quit or ‘retire‘ (even for some of the most severe physical ailments) you can always become a commissionaire and do the main parts of security work at government buildings and bases across the country. :D
I once heard in passing that RCR stood for Retraining Commissionaires for Retirement, but hey, I‘m only a newbie to the forces. :confused:

I‘m planning to join the infantry (reg) soon. I‘m curious about what my life will be like after I complete my basic training. (I‘m hoping to be posted in Edmonton.) I‘ve read lots of posts here and on other sites, and they don‘t fully answer my questions.

I‘m wondering what kind of work does an infantry man do? What will my days be filled with? I imagine it must be quite different depending on whether I‘m in garrision, taking a course, over seas, etc.

if your an NCO...this link is 4 u
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/5_0_25.asp?uJobSelected=25&uSection=3

if your an officer..THIS link is 4 u...
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/5_0_14.asp?uJobSelected=14&uSection=2

Ragnarok, are you joining the Reserve or Regular force?

The two are vastly different, and knowing which one you are going into may help people offer their insights.

He wants to go Reg Force
I‘m planning to join the infantry (reg) soon
First off, once your done your basic training, that doesnt make you infantry. You still have to complete your Soldier Qualification and Basic Infantry Qualification.

basically what you see on course is similar to what you live. only there won‘t be any hassel of the bull that you get on course.
you‘ll get specialty courses to learn how to shoot stuff, drive stuff, etc.
Greg

I have been having a hard time finding a list of ncm infantry moc‘s. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
Thanks

Back