• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
ObedientiaZelum said:

And if your shot gun isn't carrying enough ammo without the plug, add an extension! Also 100% legal.

http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_211_93_96&products_id=1277 (Link only for reference, there's a load of other canadian distributors carrying them, in 1, 2 and 3 round sizes)

"The team at U of T didn't break any laws. Using the plans for the Liberator, the world's first 3-D printable handgun that was made in the States, the researchers changed the design of the pistol to make it impossible to fire – although it could have, had they kept the design intact."

That would explain why they weren't immediately arrested and charged for being in possession of a prohibited weapon.. (barrel looks too short to be a restricted ;-) )

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/07/05/rcmp-flood-high-river-guns-complaint-commissioner-paulson.html

The Commissioner of the RCMP has requested an investigation- a "chair initiated" complaint.

Hopefully we get some answers. But I doubt it will be soon.

Quebec Court of Appeal refuses to extend order to protect gun registry data
July 23rd, 2013  QMI AGENCY
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/07/20130723-143242.html

MONTREAL - The Quebec Court of Appeal refused Tuesday to extend an order protecting Quebec gun-owner data from destruction.

Quebec's justice minister said the province will appeal the ruling to the Supreme Court of Canada.

The decision was the second consecutive setback for the province in the appeals court. The Quebec panel ruled last month that the federal government has the right to destroy the information as part of its plan to dismantle the long-gun registry.

The court's June 26 decision had included a temporary order barring the federal government from destroying the Quebec data immediately.

Quebec Justice Minister Bertrand St-Arnaud said he was "surprised and very disappointed" the court decided not to extend its order.

"We will put a stay before the Supreme Court...that will be combined with a notice of application for leave to appeal to ensure that Quebec data is not destroyed," the minister said in a statement.

The Quebec Court of Appeal had ruled Quebec can't force the feds to hand over the names, addresses, phone numbers and registration numbers of every Quebecer who owns a rifle or a shotgun.

"The data does not belong to Quebec, and the provinces have no control over it," the appeals court ruled in its earlier decision.

GAP said:
Quebec Court of Appeal refuses to extend order to protect gun registry data
July 23rd, 2013  QMI AGENCY
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/07/20130723-143242.html

MONTREAL - The Quebec Court of Appeal refused Tuesday to extend an order protecting Quebec gun-owner data from destruction.

Quebec's justice minister said the province will appeal the ruling to the Supreme Court of Canada.

The decision was the second consecutive setback for the province in the appeals court. The Quebec panel ruled last month that the federal government has the right to destroy the information as part of its plan to dismantle the long-gun registry.

The court's June 26 decision had included a temporary order barring the federal government from destroying the Quebec data immediately.

Quebec Justice Minister Bertrand St-Arnaud said he was "surprised and very disappointed" the court decided not to extend its order.

"We will put a stay before the Supreme Court...that will be combined with a notice of application for leave to appeal to ensure that Quebec data is not destroyed," the minister said in a statement.

The Quebec Court of Appeal had ruled Quebec can't force the feds to hand over the names, addresses, phone numbers and registration numbers of every Quebecer who owns a rifle or a shotgun.

"The data does not belong to Quebec, and the provinces have no control over it," the appeals court ruled in its earlier decision.

Speaking of waste of money  ::)

Good news for us though  ;D  Maybe I can one day live in La Belle Province again!

On another note, where in the hell can I shoot in Kingston, ON??  The gun clubs around here are a bunch of old boys clubs who won't accept any new members and I have no idea where any good gravel pits or crown land is near here.  Is this going to be one of those drive 2 hrs to practice my hobby places?

Shooting rifles, or shotgun? I normally find a secluded corner of crown lakes and shoot at clays with my shotgun.

There is a movement to resurrect the Base gun club, its at the Base Comd right now. If you're interested, I can give you the contact info for the person trying to start it up.

PuckChaser said:
Shooting rifles, or shotgun? I normally find a secluded corner of crown lakes and shoot at clays with my shotgun.

There is a movement to resurrect the Base gun club, its at the Base Comd right now. If you're interested, I can give you the contact info for the person trying to start it up.

I like shooting both rifle and shotgun.  I was wondering about the base gun club?  If someone is trying to start one back up I would be more then willing to help out in that regard.  I also can run all assortments of military ranges and would just need to get my name on the RSO list for the base.  Lets make this happen!

Ooops. I guess it wasn't all tin foil and conspiracy theories after all.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/07/20130722-083250.html

RCMP SEIZED SECURED GUNS IN HIGH RIVER
"On Friday, Sgt. Patricia Neely of the RCMP told Sun News Network that some of the 539 weapons seized during the High River flooding had trigger locks. This brings into question if the RCMP broke any laws by seizing secured weapons.

The RCMP complaints commission has not yet begun its review of the Mounties' seizure of guns from residents evacuated from their High River, AB homes.

"We are now pulling together resources to get the review going," RCMP complaints commission spokesman Tim Cogan told QMI Agency. "Hopefully the review will be completed by the end of October."

539 FIREARMS SEIZED IN HIGH RIVER GUN GRAB
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/07/20130718-170739.html

"CALGARY -- Nearly half the 539 guns seized from High River, AB., homes by Mounties during the flood have now been returned, while the other half remain in the RCMP detachment, police said.

Sgt. Patricia Neely told Sun News that 300 firearms have been claimed so far while another 260 still have to be picked up.

MORE: RCMP yet to begin gun seizure investigation

At least one prohibited gun was seized, which has not been returned, however no charges have been laid.

Police said they have contacted every homeowner who had a firearm removed from their property.

There were also several restricted guns seized, including handguns, which require documentation, including a up-to-date possession and acquisition licence, in order to get them back.

At least one collector, who had 80 guns seized by police, said he will auction off many of his guns -- some worth upward of $10,000 -- to pay for the rebuilding of his home."

I doubt that many of those 80 firearms were found "in the open". Just speculation though.

It's now an admitted fact, by them, that they confiscated guns that were secured according to their own laws.

Lot splainin to do Lucy ;)

Good luck getting through to get an ATT to legally transport the illegally confiscated weapons home.

It would be a good time to have a law practice in High River. :nod:

If the cops took it out of the home, the cops should damn well bring it back.  Just one more unwanted hoop for those poor people to jump through.

Kat Stevens said:
If the cops took it out of the home, the cops should damn well bring it back.  Just one more unwanted hoop for those poor people to jump through.

PR wise the RCMP returning the firearms they took would probably be a significant gesture to firearm owners.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
You guys make me laugh.........

Why is that funny?  If they had the time to take them in the middle of an emergency, they sure as shit have the time to return them, and probably have fewer legal bumps to do so, now that it's back to speed traps and rotating shifts at Timmies.

Kat Stevens said:
Why is that funny?  If they had the time to take them in the middle of an emergency, they sure as shit have the time to return them, and probably have fewer legal bumps to do so, now that it's back to speed traps and rotating shifts at Timmies.

Sorry Kat,...you I agree with. [of course then RG would say it's so they can recce your house once there] ;)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Sorry Kat,...you I agree with. [of course then RG would say it's so they can recce your house once there] ;)

Meet then on the porch and don't invite them in!! :o

RoyalDrew said:
I like shooting both rifle and shotgun.  I was wondering about the base gun club?  If someone is trying to start one back up I would be more then willing to help out in that regard.  I also can run all assortments of military ranges and would just need to get my name on the RSO list for the base.  Lets make this happen!

That would be awesome for the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back