• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

• Thread starter Thread starter the patriot
  • Start date Start date
http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/photoarchive/HiRes/%212004/050304/IS2004-2049a%20copy.jpg

Take a look at this picture and others on the combat camera site, and you will see the new smaller radio.. I have a brochure of it sitting somewhere around my workspace..

Bzz

Okay,listen up,the pressure switch is for an PAQ-4,and most likely he has the switch for his Surefire Weapons Light there as well.The PAQ-4 is the section member‘s aid to night fighting it has an IR Laser but not the visible light/laser combination of the PEQ-2.
There is no such thing as a PAX-4 unless you are talking about the Iltis!!
The new radio is the Marconi PRR (Personal Role Radio)it is good to go and that is all anyone here needs to know about it until they are issued with one.

My apologies, my spelling between PAX-4 and PAQ-4 wasn‘t correct. When we did the trail, it was basically "ok here is the unit, here is how you zero it, and this is how you use it." We weren‘t told to much about the spelling of it.

No big deal but if someone is going to post here at least get the kit right,and have a clue about what you are talking about.It just makes it that much easier to read through the topics.

I‘ll confirm the post in Icehawk‘s link..

The development team was showing of the next generation of our weapons at 3 RCR the other day. They said they sent X number of C7A2s, new C9s, C8‘s and various other new infantry systems (including a C7 sniper rife) to Afghan with 3 Vandoo to trial in the ‘real‘ world enviroment.

Also, the initial issue to the high readiness uits is to start in a yr with issueing of wpns to the the remainder of the army to be complete in 3-5 yrs.

But then again the air force has been waiting to replace the Sea kings for how long?

Does anybody know what the device on the magazine on Diemaco‘s website is? The website is as follows:

http://www.diemaco.com/c7a2.htm

Whatever it is, I don‘t recall it being on those mags before we switched to the metal ones.

Originally posted by Ret 215:
[qb] Does anybody know what the device on the magazine on Diemaco‘s website is? The website is as follows:

http://www.diemaco.com/c7a2.htm

Whatever it is, I don‘t recall it being on those mags before we switched to the metal ones. [/qb]
I think i heard it being called a magpull, as to what exactly it does im not sure,

*edit* just did a search and found this "A piece of helpful gear specially designed for quick release of M-16[C7] magazines. Just install it at the base of M-16[C7] magazine and it works."

I would say that it is a variant of one of these.

http://rs152.securehostserver.com/~globalta/axami/shop.php?grd=136&prd=94

Nope, it‘s not an issue item - mags won‘t fit in the pouches with them on anyhow.

Further, it‘s designed to make it easy to get mags out of the pouch and on to the rifle and to facilitate them being clipped onto a carabiner or something like that when removed, instead of just throwing them down the shirt. I‘ve seen a few troops taping loops of paracord to the mags for the same purpose.

It‘s a civvie-made item you can buy from most tactical shops, the trade name is MagPul.

The C7 pouches were always a tight fit for two mags anyways. Have they yet improved them for 3 mags and a bit ‘roomier‘, or are they still the same?

Mags pouches for the issue Australian webbing hold 3 30rd F88 Austeyr mags, and they fit with room to spare.

Cheers,

Wes

There‘s some a couple new pics of the C7A2 in the image gallery on forces.gc.ca

Yes, there are new radios. They‘re the army‘s answer for the FRS Motorola‘s. Called a PRR.
Actually the name of the IR laser is AN/PEQ-4. The switch on the soldiers fore-grip is not for the laser however, it‘s for the Surefire flashlight that you would see at the end of his rifle if it was all in the picture. The battle group has the C7A2‘s and the C9A2‘s, they‘re not trialing them. They‘re the priority, so they get them first...
Before anyone asks, that little green box hanging of the front of the vest is a IR strobe. Not a very good one though, you have to set it up and turn it on and off from the inside.

The C7 pouches were always a tight fit for two mags anyways. Have they yet improved them for 3 mags and a bit ‘roomier‘, or are they still the same?
I have one of the older mag pouches, and the current 82 pattern webbing ones are the same as far as I can tell, but with the addition on the sides of small loops which you can put grenades in.

Still barely enough room for two mags though, and I found out today that can be difficult when you are quickly swapping mags on a raid :(

Some people use the old FN FAL mag pouches... They are shorter and a touch wider. The C7 pouch is the more slender of the two and has dividers and a pull up strap for each.
I believe that the newest one is just the C7 pouch with the nade loops and snaps buttons.
So far, they only fit 2. Unless you remove the divder? Does it allow from one more?

Back