• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

• Thread starter Thread starter the patriot
  • Start date Start date
C7-A2
Observations
The midlife replacement project is looking into making the C-7/C-8 a more versatile option. The project management office admits that there are currently deficiencies in the C-7A1. The Army‘s current proposal to correct the deficiencies of the C-7A1 is the C-7A2.

Proposed Modifications are as follows:
Ambidextrous Magazine release;
Ambidextrous Fire Control Selector;
Diemaco Tri- Rail 1 (Light and LAD Adapter)
Green Furniture;
Accuwedge;
C-8 Telescopic butt

C-79 Optical Sight Upgrade
Green C79 Sight Cover
Replace Tritium Source (10year half life)
Retrofit Gen 4 Side Spring

Here is a PDF file showing the pics and a comparison.

I love the new look cosmetically, it looks a lot less american, more unique.

Incidentally they call the sling CANPAT, although I bet that is a typo.

Is it just me, or would it be a **** of a lot more practical to reduce the barrel length, seeing as how they‘re already re-designing the whole weapon. A C-8 barrel would make a lot more sense.

just my 2 cents

A shorter barrel would **** with the whole system. The accuracy and other things or what not. I don‘t know anything about it really, but I was just told that it would reduce accuracy or velocity. The spin of the bullet would change.

Im not an expert or anything,but isnt this costing alot when there are obviously more important things to spend what little money we have for the CF.I also thought that our rifles were alot better then the Americans and the Brits.

Yes there would be a slight difference in the accuracy because of the shortened barrel (currently barrel length at .53m and rifling one right hand turn every 178mm, that‘s just under 3 turns before the round leaves the spout). Who cares about the tech data......... If you shorten the barrel, how am I going to measure my trench? Just like the new helmets. How am I supposed to shave now?

:soldier: :soldier: :soldier: :soldier: :soldier: "Brovo will take the trench"

I‘ve shot ORA at 500 mtrs, and won trophys and spoons, with the C7 and iron sights. The normal distance for engagement will be well under that. Something that‘s comfortable, I can move around in a restricted vehicle setting, is easy to grab, can hang easily from a lanyard on my shoulder, and still be available? Hey, the smaller the better, for my job, it‘s worth it. May not fit every situ, but nothing in our generic military ever does. Every one will have an opinion and bitch. Bottom line, we use what we get, no going back. Live with it, adapt and overcome! :D

C7 being upgraded to the C7A2 rifle. take a peek at this link and let me know what you think, and if this weapon is already in combat?

http://www.tacticalkit.com/images/c7a2rifle.ppt

i posted this in the canadian army area, but here it is for you. take a peek at the pics and modifications to the C7A2.
looks amazing

http://www.tacticalkit.com/images/c7a2rifle.ppt

Theres another topic relating to the C7A2 on the fourms, you may want to take a peak at that for info/opinions, just a tip.

Making due is a sad statement on the condition of our forces in all branches,I for one am sick and tired of having to deal with compromises made by higher the C7A2 is just such a compromise .As is it should not be fielded and held until the user requirements are made,or not fielded at all.

What is the accuwedge, and what does it do? ive never understood what it does?

Second of all the rifle looks effective and all for the field, but what will be used for rifle drill? Those(C7A2) would look kinda stupid on parade (minor detail)
Just a thaught
Sgt, RCAC :fifty:

agree with mg 34. If the people of Canada are going to send our kids in "harm‘s way" ,we owe it to them to go as well prepared as possible.

As to the barrel length, there‘s some interesting things going on on the Civ side. Seems that a shorter, stiffer barrel has better accuracy at battle ranges (300 yards and less) than the longer "rifle" barrels. As well, the higher twist rates are stabilising heavier bullets, with a little more KE at the longer ranges.

Just have to be carefull that we don‘t "trick out" the C-? to the point that it is no longer an infantry tool.

Re Drill: used to do drill with the 9mm smg, so anythings possible.

Quote: "They‘re pretty, but can they fight?"

Cheers-Garry

MG34 is bang on the C7A2 is a poor boy ‘upgrade‘.

Barrel length will affect velocity and 5.56mm relies on velocity to perform (read fragment)

For a 20" bbl with M855/C77 the frag range is ~150m
16" ~110m
14.5 (C8 and M4A1) ~45m

a 16" bbl with Mk262 Mod1 (77gr Nolser BTHP) will frag out to 200m and is more accurate than C77/M855 to past 500m...

DownloadAttach.asp

And the 16" is a lot more handy to do CQB/MOUT/FIBUA-OIBUA with.

DownloadAttach.asp

hi guys
I m in light infantry yes we do need a new weapon or fixs the sights on the ones we have.
thing to think about flaging your weapon and distance. also who will get it everybody or the soldier‘s who need it ? this is the big problem and well that is why it stinks a light infantry soldier get the same kit as everybody else (the shaft)and that is why we have to put out are own money to fix things ex, rucks why do we all get the same the ruck the one we have is alright but some need better ! I don‘t need a computer for work but people get them!
:soldier:

Just get back to the iron sight!!!!!
The first time I fired the C7 was on the Blare Shoot (Old Military Shoot for all Arm‘s in B.C.)
I scored a 38 out of 50 from 400 mt‘s with iron sight before this pissy telescopic sight!!

Go back to iron sight‘s because it make‘s you a better marksmen!!!!

i m a marksman with the scope I shoot 82 of 84
with the run down it not bad but fog is a major problem and rain and snow well you got it we need something better and i don‘t think the the irion sight is the best for distance . I shot a 59 of 60 with iron sight but it‘s not the best for distance like on the 400m or more.
:soldier:

Back