• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

• Thread starter Thread starter petoth
  • Start date Start date
In a related vein, the CF's buying a swack of Boots, Combat, Arid Region - first item here

Shared FYI - now, back to your regularly scheduled boot battles ....

From MERX:
.... The Department of National Defence (DND) has a requirement for Land Operations Temperate Boots (LOTB), spare laces and insoles in DND Brown Colour in accordance with DND specifications. This requirement is divided in two phases.

Phase 1: A maximum of three contracts will be awarded for the supply of 60 pairs of boots under each contract to be delivered in Gatineau, Québec. These boots will be used for a User Acceptance Trial.

Phase 2: Following the User Acceptance Trial result, one contract will be awarded for the supply of 120,000 pairs of boots, 80,000 pairs of spare laces and 80,000 pairs of spares insoles to be delivered in Montréal, Québec and Edmonton, Alberta. This contract also includes two options. Option 1 is for an estimated maximum quantity of 40,000 pairs and option 2 is for a firm quantity of 40,000 pairs both exercisable during a period of 48 months from contract award date ....
A bit more technical detail in excerpt from bid documents (PDF) here.

Why not just save the hassle and just buy these (brown) boots off the shelf?

Lowa Combat GTX. I have a pair. Verdict: Frickin' awesome!

A little thing called the Treasury Board would get in the way of that.

I have the Meindl's, which are just as good....

Infanteer said:
A little thing called the Treasury Board would get in the way of that.

Which dictates if there is a Canadian company who can provide the same or similar boot........

Jim Seggie said:
Which dictates if there is a Canadian company who can provide the same or similar boot........
Actually, the requirement to take competitive bids is probably the more overriding factor.

Im sure it has been looked at before, but is there a reason why the do not just go to something along the lines of a Boot Allowance and send the troops downtown when their boots are worn out with chit for a new set?

Hurricane said:
Im sure it has been looked at before, but is there a reason why the do not just go to something along the lines of a Boot Allowance and send the troops downtown when their boots are worn out with chit for a new set?

We've discussed that at length. To sum it up, we don't make the decisions on what boot or what company produces them. We can recommend but the grown ups make the final decision.

Hurricane said:

Haha, your question reminded of this quote:

" If Marines could get what they needed when they needed it we would be happy and wouldn't ready to kill people all of the time. The Marine Corps is like America's Pitbull. They beat us, mistreat us and every once in awhile, they let us out to attack someone. "

-Cpl Ray Person, USMC

I heard a rumour today that there is a list of acceptable footwear being developed. Has anyone heard anything to corroborate this?

signalsguy said:
I heard a rumour today that there is a list of acceptable footwear being developed. Has anyone heard anything to corroborate this?
I haven't heard anything of the sort.  At least no one at clothing stores heard anything 2 days ago when I hunted down another  pair of Mk III's in my size  >:D

To bring an old thread back to life... I believe I have seen this new boot. Anyone heard anything lately? Delivery dates? How they hold up/ how they feel?

The latest that I have heard is that they are being issued now in lieu of Mark IV GP boots.

Also, anyone waiting for custom boots from Pouliot will get brown vice black. So you should start to see them this summer.

Sounds like we need some sort of CANFORGEN authorizing them for wear... I can just seem some poor Pte getting a one-way conversation from a RSM when asked if he's deploying and he says no.

I was in Wainwright at the beginning of the month and there were a bunch of guys doing trials, they had three different models to try out.

Back