• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 5th estate: Abu Ghraib and Torture in Iraq

Acorn said:
How many of you have actually interrogated someone?

I will stand up and say that back in '89, when we were still doing this type of thing i was given the chance to obseve a few, which were done by the Canadian and US Int branch(s) as proscribed in the "book."

The 'prisoners' were subjected to lack of sleep, yelling, violent actions close to them (but not directed at them) and other such psycological tricks that get used to break someone down.

the MP's would use things like stress positions, lack of sleep and other assorted methods to prepare a sunject for interrogation.

This was observedat the Div PW cage during RV'89.

Cheers

Slim

My apologies to all about that last tirade. My wife should have taken the keys to the computer. I edited the post out, so sorry about the loss of quotations. Frankly I'm glad at least one of my stupider moments won't be immortalized.

The problem I have is that it does appear that some look at what happened as some sort of sophmoric hazing ritual. Some of it was, but some of those things that were done are techniques designed to break down a subject for interrogation. The problem is that they need to be used in a controlled manner, and if mis-used they could constuitute torture.

Acorn

Haha, I love drive-by posts by the inebriated.  I cleaned up the trail to stick to the issue (and not the drunken bottle throwing) - my comment on sexy girls still stands though....

Back