• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Thread - including current policy [MERGED]

jemcgrg said:
Haha, there are no references to infidels in it I can assure you. But it isn't in any place anyone would have any reason to see while in uniform and as Jim mentioned, I don't know many people that read arabic anyway.

What does it say?  Or, should I ask, what do you THINK it says?  Most tattoos in foreign languages don't actually say anything.  They just look good.

Strike is correct. People that think their Chinese characters say "The Dragon is Great" but actually say "your aunt has a big huge nose" or something similar.

Oh believe me, I'm under no false impression that it says what I think it does. It is supposed to say "soulmate" I was young and ridiculous and my EX got the same one. It does look cool so I don't want to get rid of it, but even him and I joked around about it that it said applesauce.

I've always been curious as to how we enforce the non-visible piercings rule. 

"Good morning Corporal.  Are you wearing a Prince Albert or any nipple rings today?"

"No Sergeant."

"Very well. Carry on marching up and down the square."

Pusser said:

"Good morning Corporal.  Are you wearing a Prince Albert or any nipple rings today?"

"No Sergeant."

OK......what is a Prince Albert? I'm from the place...and just wondering WTF a "Prince Albert" is....

Pusser said:

"No Sergeant."

I always wondered this as well. lol

I'm thinking of starting a Tattoo Pictures thread.  Did a search and couldn't really find a definite thread just for people to post.  It would likely be in one of the other areas that's more appropriate NOT the recruiting thread.  Would anyone be interested in somehing like that?

Tollis said:
I'm thinking of starting a Tattoo Pictures thread.  Did a search and couldn't really find a definite thread just for people to post.  It would likely be in one of the other areas that's more appropriate NOT the recruiting thread.  Would anyone be interested in somehing like that?
I'm in as soon as I can be pointed to a good photo hosting site..

So I started it up  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/101322.0.html 

P.S. Imageshack is a good site for Forum picture hosting.

wondering if anyone here can help me out. I have looked all over but didn't find anything to directly answer my question.
What is the CF's policy on tattoos? From my research, my understanding is nothing above the collar bone or below the wrist line, nothing offensive, racist or sexual. The reason I am asking is I have a tattoo on my back that goes about mid-way up the back of my neck, and is visible when I'm wearing casual shirts, and a bit visible with a collared shirt. My recruiter has seen it and I informed him of it, the medical examiner has seen it, and I was still offered a job as ACISS and am leaving for BMQ in a few weeks.

I know I'm most likelt over-analyzing this and worrying too muc, but will the tattoo be an issue when I arrive to CFLRS?
I want nothing more but to join the CF and would hate to be turned away when I walk into BMQ.

Dude --

I am by no means being a dick here, but let's analyze this situation (from your own post):

a) You informed the recruiter (and he saw it);
b) You informed the medical examiner (and her saw it);
c) They offered you a job.

If you haven't gathered where I am going with this, its fine. There are quite a few soldiers who have tattoos that extend above the collar bone and onto the hands. The policy states that you won't get any such tattoos once you are in the military. What you did before (with regards to your tattoos) is irrelevant at this point. Put your head down and focus on getting through basic, and try not to worry about the little things.

-Hotei

It's no problem, there's a small and mostly overlooked building behind the mega where tattoos are removed with a 4" angle grinder and a sanding disk.

Back