• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Question: Gun or Soldier?

APPARENTLY...

There was a jumper in Pet... had the words Reserve on one hands and Cutaway
on the other.  My understanding it was which hand pulls which handle when jumping.

Problem was, they misspelled Cutaway .. to cutway

I would need a jumper to confirm the accuracy of this info. Please, thanks.

In following with the way this thread has gone (funny tattoos);

When a bunch of us, who were wounded in the A-10 FF, got together after getting home from Germany, we started talking about tattoos and such to remember our tour and all that had happened.  The dismounted section 2IC from my section had an interesting idea for a tattoo; the reticule from an A-10 tattooed on his upper back... I know... pretty morbid.  That was one of those "would be cool if it wasn't so messed up" ideas.

In reality; I think the only thing stopping any of us was that we couldn't find a picture of an A-10 reticule.

PMedMoe said:
Yep, that's pretty funny.  If you are getting some foreign language tattooed on yourself, ask someone who actually speaks the language to verify it for you!

Reminds me of one of the young medics at the school a few years back.  She had some oriental character tattooed on her neck and I asked her what it meant.  She replied "Oh, I get tired of telling people that."  To which I replied, "Well then, why the hell did you get that tattoo where it is?  Didn't you think people would ask?"  ::)

Moral of the story:  If you don't want people asking about your tattoo, don't get it in a such a visible spot.  Not to mention, I do believe the military now tends to frown on tattoos that are visible when in uniform.  Including rolled up or short sleeves.

Nope it has been brough up many times on this site, but the current OFFICIAL CF policy is no visible tattoos on the neck while wearing an open collared shirt, and no tats on the head.  Coming into this thread a little late, but just to reiterate what others have said, and what I have said in previous threads, try to get something you want, not some meaningless flash art from the wall (unless that happens to be exactly what you want).  After you have thought about your design, sit on it and wait about a year or so, before you actually get the ink done.  That why you have had a sufficient cooling off period and you won't regret it in a month. I am getting my 7th tattoo on monday (well starting the line work, its going to be a half sleeve), and from the time I first thought about it to monday, will have been almost 2 years.  Right now I have ideas for about 4-6 other tats, but they'll have to wait until I build up my bank account again  ;D

P.S. To the original poster, and anyone else, just one reccomendation, try to avoid getting tiny tattoos, you don't need to go super big, but if you get a smaller tattoo, they tend to blur as you get older (combination of sun damages, skin cells shedding, body breaking down the ink molecules etc.).  Larger tattoos (especially multi-colour, intrigate designs) tend to fair better over time. 

Hatchet Man said:
P.S. To the original poster, and anyone else, just one reccomendation, try to avoid getting tiny tattoos, you don't need to go super big

Mmm, something to think about. Cause I always thought that if I get tattos, the first one would be tinny, to see how I ajust...

Hatchet Man said:
...no visible tattoos on the neck while wearing an open collared shirt, and no tats on the head.

Seems to me this is just good advice in general, whether you're in the forces or not.

Back