• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Steven Staples & Company

• Thread starter Thread starter toms3
  • Start date Start date
Against my better judgement, I opened that PDF file.  Excuse me while I go hurl.

Yikes. I just love how Mr Staples attempts to sell himself as "unbiased" WRT his recent testimony on the F35.

Mr Staples needs to accept that he is indeed very biased WRT all things military... Nothing wrong with being biased. We are all biased.

I also find it troubling that he is a "go-to-guy" for military matters within the MSM, especially when it is NOT noted that he is a co-founder for Ceasefire and an anti-military activist.

milnews.ca said:
Whazzup for the next while for S.S. and Co.?A bit more in the latest from ceasefire.ca (no link, lest we boost the hits there too, too much).

Sweet, so we can choose what our taxes pay for now? Adios equalization payments to Quebec!

"calling on tens of thousands of people to refuse to pay taxes for war and the F-35 stealth fighter."

I'm sure there are a bunch of guys/gals over at Revenue Canada who are thinking, "Oh ya, make my day."

medicineman said:
I wonder if you get a free packet of gravol with the newsletter...or at least some of whatever they're smoking so all can be on the same wavelength.

MM

I would think Granola would be more appropriate.  Along with a touque that has the dangly cords they seem to love so.

Gravol has two effects - keeps me from puking OR in a pinch gets people stoned.  But I see your point, coming from the West Coast.

MM

recceguy said:
The actual video feed is better Sun News Byline on Ceasfire

Brian Lilley pwned Staples

Thank-you Mr. Lilley, for shutting this guy down.

At Vimy Ridge "3,598 dead out of 10,602 Canadian casualties"(1). A single battle, still regarded as one of the most successful in history. When Sir Arthur Currie returned to Canada in 1919 "His visit to the House of Commons was met with a deafening silence and hissing from the gallery. Borden who is out of the country at the time, still waits four months to defend him against the vitriol of Sam Hughes' attacks, (that Currie had wasted Canadian lives), in the House. His attacks certainly did a lot to turn the Canadian public's thinking against Currie and there are those even today, who label him a butcher"(2).

We lost more soldiers at Vimy Ridge, than the entire Afghan war. Generals have always had to lobby on the backs of dead soldiers, in order to get the money, man power and equipment necessary to save lives.

If we scale down and under fund our military, with the everything winding down in Afghanistan. We will run into the same problems we had in the past.

Notes:
1. http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/history/firstwar/vimy/vimy5
2. http://www.currieproject.ca/post-war.html

>how to avoid a nuclear and military arms race in this delicate, environmentally sensitive region.

I suppose we could start by not deploying Canadian nukes and armoured divisions.  That should not be hard to do.

Brad Sallows said:
>how to avoid a nuclear and military arms race in this delicate, environmentally sensitive region.
I suppose we could start by not deploying Canadian nukes

Or American ones.

Back