• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting Basic Training!

• Thread starter Thread starter R3tic
  • Start date Start date
First I must say that is lickity split fast for the CFRC to get you in that quickly ... good on ‘em.

You will be tired, cold and bored throughout your military career, at various times, and these periods will be interrupted by brief periods of fast, hard, and energetic activity.

You will be using the C7 on the BMQ course, but your crse officer may have scheduled it for any time (it should be soon however, although you will quickly learn to hate that rifle for all the parts your MCpl‘s will find carbon/dirt in that you didn‘t even know you could clean).

But, pace yourself. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk, and in army terms you aren‘t even close to crawling yet. Literally!

Good luck!

Steady Boy, you‘ll get to play with the Guns and Rifles and all the things that go boom soon enough. you still need to learn about basic military discipline, GSK (general Service Knowlage) and a couple other things first. Stick with it and remember, everything youre doing know, your instructors have had to do, and odds are, they‘ve also had to do worse. there are harder courses then BMQ. just hang in there and stay positive.

Dominas: Borden isnt that bad. its just cold and dry in the winter and hot and dry in the summer.... plus bugs... bugs that bite... borden is accually a pretty nice base to train in.. its meaford that has all the lousy rain and stuff.

as a MCpl once said to me "Meaford is where Weather goes to Die"

Just remember these two phrases we like to use at my unit. It depends on the season for which one to use.

It ain‘t trainin‘ if it ain‘t rainin‘.

If it ain‘t snowin‘, we ain‘t goin‘.

Hey guys i had a question what happens after u done all the stuff like pt, interview, can someone plz post in detail and somewhat order whats gonnna happen to me, and another question when do i get my uniform and will my rank be private?

PLZ HELP PAUL AND PEOPLE

Originally posted by Usman_Syed:
[qb] Hey guys i had a question what happens after u done all the stuff like pt, interview, can someone plz post in detail and somewhat order whats gonnna happen to me, and another question when do i get my uniform and will my rank be private?

PLZ HELP PAUL AND PEOPLE [/qb]
Perhaps first you could fix up your profile...your giving the impretion that your already in the army when you‘ve just stated above that your not...just a suggestion

The training varies from course to course, also depending on what trade you are getting into.

For the cheveron thing...you won‘t see your first one for at least a year, maybe 2. I know the new guys in the RCD don‘t see thiers until about year 3...the way it should be.

Regards

I haven‘t been paying attention, how did I miss this thread? It‘s interesting that you both (Usman & Paul) are so optimistic re: the flagrant use of rank and insignia within your profiles. It‘s about earning the right (which involves work) and respect (which you will become familiar with in time).

Paul, your attitude is excellent. Keep it up and your career will be short. As for handling a C7, would you honestly want to be given one in your first week?? Jesus, how irresponsible do you think the CF is? Hope you have a better time next week after your weekend rest. There‘s a concept.

Whatever buds, good luck. You‘re going to need it.

If you get CADPAT. I still see some reservists wearing OD. Getting fewer and fewer every time I see some, but still.

Yes...btw i was just tryin to help out paul

so go suck on that enzo...if you still dont believe me here my SN-*********
i hope my questions help paul and other people inteseted in joining the forces.

Hey guys i had a question what happens after u done all the stuff like pt, interview, can someone plz post in detail and somewhat order whats gonnna happen to me, and another question when do i get my uniform and will my rank be private?
And you‘re "almost" quoting your SN # to me??

Jesus. I‘m in no mood to be told to suck on anything by you buds, you must love the safety of the ‘net eh.

I‘ve a question for you, where do you see yourself in a couple of years?

Think about that before you answer.

[qb] Yes...btw i was just tryin to help out paul

so go suck on that enzo...if you still dont believe me here my SN-*********
i hope my questions help paul and other people inteseted in joining the forces. [/qb]
All right kid, most of the questions you ask have an answer in the recruiting forum, or recruiting archives. Look in the top-right corner of this page, and click on the word "search". Once you are done asking all your questions to the search engine, come back and RESPECTFULLY ask your unanswered questions on the forums. Good reading...

[qb] so when i get my cadpat i wont have a rank? [/qb]
That‘s right...no rank at all. You have to earn them, just like we all do. You‘ll probably get a slip on and that‘s it.

Hope you weren‘t thinking of being a Cpl your first year... :rolleyes:

As for your latest ramblings:

Usman Syed...have you lost your mind? The one thing you don‘t give out over the net is your bloody SN number...can you say PERSEC? By you giving out that number ANYONE can track you down....right to your unit with the proper channels

You trully are in need of a wake up call...and it‘s coming real soon...more than likely on your basic, so get ready for it.

Also...By every guy and gal on this site...

My advise to you is do exactly as Jungle and the rest of us are trying to help you understand the way of things...or your not going to last very much longer. :eek:

Last chance... ;)

Regards

[qb] so when i get my cadpat i wont have a rank? [/qb]
Your rank‘ll be Pte (R) (meaning Private-Recruit) when you join. Whatever uniform you get when you join. If you‘re lucky enough to get cadpat, you get a blank slip-on (as Franko mentioned.)

From what I know, you don‘t get Private (trained)(and your first hook) until you pass your 3s.

I have never been in the CF but I have the Engineers cap badge as my avatar image.
I have the Corporals rank as an icon when messages are posted also.
However, I have selected these images in memory of my father who was in the CF as a Corporal (Royal Canadian Engineers) for 31 years.
I have selected these avatar images/icons out of respect to my Dad of whom I am very proud! :salute: :cdn:

Usman_Syed: Your behaviour on this thread and on this forum has been extremely poor. This is a warning to start behaving with a little maturity and decorum. If you continue to be inflammatory and insulting, you will be banned. Consider this your first and final warning.

Back