• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St Patricks Day

• Thread starter Thread starter MattD
  • Start date Start date
M

MattD

Was just wondering what ppl would be doing on St Patricks Day and wanted to post this Irish joke. Anyone else Irish or part Irish.

The first batter approached the batters box, took a few swings and then hit a double. Everyone was on their feet screaming "Run, Run."

The next batter hit a single and the Irishman listened as the crowd again cheered "RUN, RUN."

The Irishman enjoyed the game and began screaming with the fans.

The fifth batter came up and four balls went by. The umpire called "walk" and the batter started his slow trot to first base.

The Irishman stood up and screamed, "R-R-Run ye bastard, run!

The people around him began laughing. Embarrassed, the Irishman sat back down. A friendly fan noted the man's embarrassment, leaned over explained, "He can't run, he's got four balls."

The Irishman stood up and screamed, "Walk with pride, laddie, walk with pride."

i'm part irish and on st-patrick day i will dress in green...finally as the other day of the year and i will go take a beer where there's gonna be other irish after work.

is this a good plan?

My dad's an irishman, but I'm too young to do anything.........legally...........

Good plan, and your never to young on st patricks day its the national day of drinking drink on boys

I'm an Irishman myself. However, unfortunately i leave for Edmonton at 3am on March 18th so I gotta be in good shape for that. Can't see the military driver being too happy if I puked all over the van. lol. I will grab a pint or 2 at the local Irish pub though.

Same thing I do every year...whatever that is, I can never seem to remember  ;D

I'm from Edmonton so I think O'Byrne's and then work my way down Whyte Ave, you know the annual pilgrimage

We're all a little Irish on St. Paddy's day.  
I'm an actual Irish citizen by virtue of my parents being Irish expatriates.   So, between classes next Thursday I'll be hitting the campus pub and salute the emerald isle.  

Great joke btw!  

Oh and remember to say 'Sláinte!' (Slawn-Cha), as well as 'Beannachtam na Feile Padraig!' - "Happy St. Patrick's Day" - (don't ask me how to pronounce it, as my gaelic is rather limited).  

and a traditional toast in English

"Saint Patrick was a gentleman,
Who through strategy and stealth,
Drove all the snakes from Ireland,
Here's a toasting to his health.
But not too many toastings
Lest you lose yourself and then
Forget the good Saint Patrick
And see all those snakes again" (http://www.islandireland.com/Pages/folk/sets/toasts.html)

MattD said:
Good plan, and your never to young on st patricks day its the national day of drinking drink on boys

Too true, I can always just head over to Quebec with friends any way....
Sheerin, same deal for me. My dad's born and raised in Dublin, and he put me down for an Irish passport as well as a Canadian one when I was old enough...so I'm a dual citizen of a country I don't know....

found it quicker than i though.

well here are some

2 Irish men were out flying when their plane caught fire. the first Irish man bailed out and pulled the cord of his parachute which opened immediately. the second Irishman jumped out, pulled the cord, but nothing happend. he went zooming towards the ground at high speed. the first Irishman pulled out his pocket knife from his pocket as he saw him pass and began to cut at his parachute straps shouting " sure if you want to race I'll give you one"

what are the best 10 years of an Irishman's life?    the 3rd grade

an Irishman, an Englishman, and a Scotsman were stranded on a little island and one day they found a magic bottle. when they rubbed it a genie appeared and granted them each one wish. I'd like to be back in London said the Englishman, and he was whisked away. I'd like to be back in Glasgow, said the Scotsman and he too was whisked away. I'm very lonely here all on my own said the Irishman, i wish my friends were back again.

well i hope you enjoyed those i will post more later if you want.

Few drinking ones....

O'Connell was staggering home with a small Paddy in his back pocket when he
slipped and fell heavily. Struggling to his feet, he felt something wet running
down his leg.
"Please, God," he implored, "let it be blood!"

An Irish man walks into a pub. The bartender asks him, "what'll you have?"
The man says, "Give me three pints of Guinness please."
So the bartender brings him three pints and the man proceeds to alternately sip one, then the other, then the third until they're gone. He then orders three more.
The bartender says, "Sir, I know you like them cold. You don't have to order three at a time. I can keep an eye on it and when you get low I'll bring you a fresh cold one."
The man says, "You don't understand. I have two brothers, one in Australia and one in the States. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night we'd still drink together. So right now, my brothers have three Guinness Stouts too, and we're drinking together.
The bartender thought that was a wonderful tradition.
Every week the man came in and ordered three beers. Then one week he came in and ordered only two. He drank them and then ordered two more.
The bartender said to him, "I know what your tradition is, and I'd just like to say that I'm sorry that one of your brothers died."
The man said, "Oh, me brothers are fine----I just quit drinking."

Irish Stew

We've got our own recipe for Irish stew: Get some meat, some potatoes and a lot of Guinness Stout. Drink all of the stout. Forget about the stew.

The local District Judge had given the defendant a lecture on the evils of drink. But in view of the fact that this was the first time the man had been drunk and incapable, the case was dismissed on payment of ten shillings costs. "Now don't let me ever see your face again," said the Justice sternly as the defendant turned to go. "I'm afraid I can't promise that, sir," said the released man. "And why not?"
"Because I'm the barman at your regular pub!"

GUINNESS, AND HERITAGE

One day an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walked into a pub together. They each bought a pint of Guinness. Just as they were about to enjoy their creamy beverage, three flies landed in each of their pints, and were stuck in the thick head. The Englishman pushed his beer away in disgust. The Scotsman fished the fly out of his beer, and continued drinking it, as if nothing had happened. The Irishman, too, picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer, and started yelling, "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT YOU BASTARD!!!!"

McQuillan walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, the Irishman started to leave.

"S'cuse me," said a customer, who was puzzled over what McQuillan had done. "What was that all about?"

"Nothing," said the Irishman, "my wife just sent me out for a jar of olives."

A man stumbles up to the only other patron in a bar and asks if he could buy him a drink.

"Why of course," comes the reply.
The first man then asks: "Where are you from?"
"I'm from Ireland," replies the second man.
The first man responds: "You don't say, I'm from Ireland too! Let's have another round to Ireland."

"Of Course," replies the second man. Curious, the first man then asks: "Where in Ireland are you from?" "Dublin," comes the reply.

"I can't believe it," says the first man. "I'm from Dublin too! Let's have another drink to Dublin."

"Of course," replies the second man. Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks: "What school did you go to?"

"Saint Mary's," replies the second man. "I graduated in '62."
"This is unbelievable!" the first man says. "I went to Saint Mary's and I graduated in '62, too!"

About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar. "What's been going on?" he asks the bartender. "Nothing much," replies the bartender. "The O'Malley twins are drunk again."

She followed her husband to the public house. "How can you come here," she said, taking a sip of his pint of Guinness, "and drink that awful stuff?" "Now!" he cried, "And you always said I was out enjoying meself."

Irishman, Englishman and a German are caught in Saudi Arabia drinking. "Under Saudi law you are sentenced to 30 lashes then deported. Before you begin you are entitled to something on you back, what would you like?" said the prison guard to the Englishman just before lashing him. The English man, being a bit of a cricket fan, asked for linseed oil. When they lashed him on a post and let him go to catch his flight back to London he groaned and crawled to the airport. Next came the German. "Under Saudi law you are sentenced to 30 lashes then deported. Before you begin you are entitled to something on you back, what would you like?" said the prison guard "Nothing" said the German and, after receiving his lashes spat on the ground, called the prison guards Schisers and started off towards the airport. The guards then came to the Irishman. "Under Saudi law you are sentenced to 30 lashes then deported. Before you begin you are entitled to something on you back, what would you like?" "Oh", replied the Irishman, "I'll take the German".

Padraic Flaherty came home drunk every evening toward ten. Now, the Missus was never too happy about it, either. So one night she hides in the cemetery and figures to scare the beejeezus out of him. As poor Pat wanders by, up from behind a tombstone she jumps in a red devil costume screaming, "Padraic Sean Flaherty, sure and ya' don't give up you're drinkin' and it's to Hell I'll take ye'". Pat, undaunted, staggered back and demanded, "Who the hell ARE you?". Too that the Missus replied, "I'm the divil ya' damned old fool". To which Flaherty remarked, "Damned glad to meet you sir, I'm married to yer sister."

more at...

http://www.users.bigpond.com/kirwilli/jokes/jokes.htm

Well I'll be in Collingwood at that time,
But like any Irish decendant I'll be doing something insane...  :P

What would a thread about Irish jokes be without the odd Kerryman jokes thrown in:

http://www.fionasplace.net/irishjokes/Kerrymanjokes.html

While this one isn't Irish per se, it was told to me by an Irishman at a bar in Wales of all places, its one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard, especially when said in a "tick Cark accent" (Thick Cork Accent):

So one day this ant is walking through the jungle when he comes across a female elephant who looks like she's in obvious distress.

"Whats the matter?" The ant asks.

"Oh, I've got this nasty thorn in my foot and I can't get it out!" Replies the elephant, "Is there any way you can help me Mr. Ant?"

"Well whats in it for me?"The Ant retorts?"

The elephant rols her eyes and says," Look, whatever you want...can you just help me get this bloody thorn out!"

"Fine," says the ant," but only if you let me have my way with you!"

"You're kidding right?" Says the Elephant," I mean, you're tiny, how could you possibly 'pleasure me' in any way?!"

"Look,do you want my help or not lady...take it or leave it!"Says the ant.

Looking around, the elephant realizes she's going to have to go for the ants silly request, "Fine fine,"she says.

So the ant pulls the thorn out of the elephants toe.  And then proceeds to crawl up her leg where he starts going to work.  The elephant obviously feels nothing.

Well a monkey sitting up in a tree had watched this whole exchange take place and found it rather amusing.  So he decided to have some fun.  He picked a bunch of coconuts and started to throw them down at the elephant's head.  The first few missed the mark, but one finally made contact with a big "thwack!"

" UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!" Moaned the elephant.

" That's right...: the ant yelled out, "take it all baby!"

Lads

"May you be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're dead!"

Happy St PAtrick's Day!!

Slim

hear is another joke

Mick got a job as a zoo keeper to one of the world's rarest female gorillas. the gorilla, however, had refused to mate with all the male gorillas that the zoo authorities had flown in from aboard at great expense. in desperation they asked Mick if he would mate with the gorilla for $ 5,000. he agreed on 3 conditions:

1- that the gorilla be given a thorough bath

2- that any off springs resulting from the union would be raised as Irish catholics.

3- that he be given a month to raise $ 5,000

Back