• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Speeding / Traffic tickets during application [Merged]

ok, I was on the road on my ATV and was takeing my time and a Cops pulls me over. I stop, doing the right thing. He gave me a small find he said it shoud be around 30$. My applaction and everything is completed, My medical and interview is completed. Will this ticket hurt me in any way. Im just waiting on my "Call" to go for my BMQ.

I would venture to say that it would with future clearances if you decide not to pay. If it is only $30 I don't see any reason why you should't or couldn't pay it off quickly.

No worries....as long as you intend to just pay the ticket and not fight it.

JBoyd said:
I would venture to say that it would with future clearances if you decide not to pay. If it is only $30 I don't see any reason why you should't or couldn't pay it off quickly.

K im paying this soon as my visa comes in the mail (ordered a new card my old one got stolen) and they accept only visa payments and money orderes but my visa should be here tomorrow.

Timmano said:
they accept only visa payments and money orderes
really? I am curious as to why they wouldn't accept cash. However, it is good that you are going to pay it :) hope everything goes smoothly and hope you get that call soon.

if I pay in person cash is ok but the nearest Provincial court is 2 hour drive, easier to send in payment over the phone, and my ticket came to 115$ the cop was wrong. plus a 78$ towing job, well it happans. thxs for the info.  :cdn:

Timmano said:
ok, I was on the road on my ATV and was takeing my time and a Cops pulls me over. I stop, doing the right thing. He gave me a small find he said it shoud be around 30$. My applaction and everything is completed, My medical and interview is completed. Will this ticket hurt me in any way. Im just waiting on my "Call" to go for my BMQ.

Please tell me you are French or something !

CDN aviator....
Haven't you seen what is coming out of English High Schools these days?

MSN speak - does wonders for the english language - Eh?

geo said:
CDN aviator....
Haven't you seen what is coming out of English High Schools these days?

LMFAO, INBD my BFF talks like that all the time LOL....

on a related note, the parking meter expired this morning before i could go refill it, will this affect my chances of staying in the CF ?

CDN Aviator said:
on a related note, the parking meter expired this morning before i could go refill it, will this affect my chances of staying in the CF ?

Probably not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but your sarcasm might.

I do apologize if this topic has been touched on before, I did do a search but it didn't yield any similar situations.

December 31st I received a parking ticket for having my car parked on the road during winter parking ban hours. I paid this ticket on January 9th online with my visa. The next week I received a letter reminding me that I had a parking ticket but it said to disregard the letter if I had already paid...so I did. This morning I get a letter telling me I have to go to court for this parking ticket because it is "unpaid" and had to spend hours on the phone arguing with them and giving them my account numbers. I have that mess sorted out and it should be cleared by Tuesday but I am wondering about my background check. My file was sent to Borden within the past couple days and I am assuming my back check would reveal the overdue parking ticket. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice on this type of situation as I have heard something like this can cause huge delays.

Should I call my CFRC first thing Monday and explain? Should I wait till it is clear and then explain? Would it be better to not hassle them at all and wait to see what happens? Am I being overly paranoid about nothing?

Holy crap, man.... it's a parking ticket, not an indictment for mass murder.

Don't sweat it.
Wait until the CFRC asks you about it. I suspect that it won't show up unless it goes to collections. If you are asked at the CFRC for proof, bring in the ticket and your on line receipt from the credit card company. That should do it.

CFR FCS

Don't worry, it's a parking ticket. There are people out there with hundreds out unpaid parking tickets, your one 'unpaid' (in the eyes of the city) ticket isn't an issue.

Don't loose any sleep over it.

I think we can let her off now.  She paid with her Credit Card, so when she goes to fight it, she will have her Credit Card statement to back up her claims. 

As so many have already said; "no big deal".

Now can we all stop?

Hi,
I just put in my application online today and under the previous record for the security check i clicked yes because I got a speeding ticket a year ago. This is technically a conviction under the highway traffic act. the ticket was 15kmh over, I plead guilty and paid it on time. Will I need to get a pardon for this? Will this slow down my application?
BTW I applied for LCIS Tech.
Thanks

I have heard of pardons for criminal convictions. Never heard of a pardon for a traffic ticket. It goes on your Driver's Astract, but doesn't give you a criminal record. I don't know what province you are in, but in Ontario, I don't think you even loose points for that ticket.:
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/demerit.shtml

You do not require a pardon for a Provincial Summary Offence Ticket, which is what you got.

Only Criminal Code of Canada convictions are of concern to the recruiting process.

Back